Windows 8 with mouse in 5 minutes
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 16, 2012
Update: I forgot to explain some things about charms in the above video, so I recorded the second video http://youtu.be/PMc92O7VbPA, which is just 2 minutes long. I recommend you to see it also. Sorry guys to give you some more pain for just two minutes ;p.
Note: the term "Metro" apps is dropped and are now officially called as "Windows 8" apps.
Microsoft aims its next OS to be touch friendly so that it can be used very easily on tablets. In that direction, Microsoft's design team conceptualized Metro design principles and Metro design language. The Metro design principles and language are used in Windows Phone 7 and later versions. And now Windows 8 follows the same path. The design approach is evolved from the Zune devices' UI. And is quite clean and neat. You can learn more about metro at Mocrosoft's design leads' blog.
Since Windows 8's UI is aimed to simplify touch gestures, it was quite unclear how it will work on traditional desktops with mouse input. However, the OS still remains very easy to use and intuitive to work with mouse with some added mouse-actions to deal with Metro UI. The Windows 7 like desktop environment is still there and is full functional. We can work with it the way we are doing right from Windows 95 days. The only difference is the Start menu which is Metro-ized and Metro apps which runs full screen (no title/status bar) and have live tiles (instead of icons).
People first time using Windows 8 may find it difficult learn these new mouse-actions to deal with Metro. But these mouse movements are quite intuitive and easy. Thus, in this 5 minute video I explained how we can use Windows 8 with mouse to work with Metro and traditional desktop environment together. Hope this helps.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Opera 27 No. 2 in re bemolle maggiore. Notturno" on
- 9:42 How to use Windows 8 with keyboard and mouse: its not that difficult!by lifestylesdefined Featured 71,429
- 12:44 Windows 8 - Beginners Guide Part 1 - Start Screen & Charm Bar [Tutorial]by JAGTutorials871,194 views
- 5:01 Windows 8 Keyboard & Mouse Survival Guideby Windows IT Pro Videos5,333 views
- 7:01 Mythbusters: Is Windows 8 really that hard to use with Mouse and keyboard? (In-use)by Melon6232,145 views
- 4:38 Steve Ballmer's tearful goodbye to Microsoftby Mahesha999621 views
- 12:40 Office 2013 Desktop Preview (Walkthrough)by CForce3,226 views
- 19:25 Has Apple Really Ever Invented Anything?by Tek Syndicate974,120 views
- 20:30 Windows 8 - Touch Screen Interface Guide for Beginners [Tutorial]by JAGTutorials141,644 views
- 9:14 My Dad Tries Windows 8 For The First Timeby benisstrange11227,931 views
- 12:52 Microsoft Touch Mouse on Windows 8by ATM0157,142 views
- 5:56 How To Use Windows 8 Gestures & Features on Non-Touch Screensby TechHawks34,086 views
- 8:36 Windows 8, Metro UI, Complete Walkthrough, Mouse and Keyboard, Meet Metro UIby Traivs Boyko9,195 views
- 2:59 ► How To Enable The Original Start Menu In Windows 8 / Disable Metro UIby Brandon Wirtz378,758 views
- 12:05 Windows 8.1 (Preview) - Hands On: Start Button, Boot-To-Desktop and more!by xskydevilx82,334 views
- 4:50 Windows 8 touchmouse interactionby Mouni Reddy4,729 views
- 8:13 Learn Windows 8 in 8 minutesby The Windows Club626,652 views
- 2:16 Touch Mouse Windows 8 Gesture Coach.wmvby microsoftukhardware2,978 views
- 17:36 Windows 8.1 Demo (Final - Now Available)by Reel Deal47,367 views
- 11:15 Windows 8 Preview 2012 Tricks & Tutorialby nickscomputerfix376,429 views
- 18:45 MS Windows 8 Tutorialby dpcomputing411,261 views
- Loading more suggestions...