Incar Highlights: Subaru PUMA Rallycross Team at GRC Bristol 2013
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 22, 2013
Onboard Highlights of Bucky Lasek, Dave Mirra, and Sverre Isachsen from Round 5 of the Global Rallycross Championship in Bristol, TN.
Watch all episodes of Launch Control here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=...
Subaru Driver Sverre Isachsen Impressive in 4th Overall Finish at Global RallyCross round in Bristol, Tennessee
The Subaru PUMA RallyCross Team was fighting at the top during round 5 of the Global RallyCross Championship held July 20th at Bristol Motor Speedway. Team driver Sverre Isachsen, a former three-time European RallyCross Champion, won his heat race and advanced to the front row of the Final. An impressive start by the Norwegian saw him run as high as 2nd Overall before race-contact crushed his exhaust, robbing his Subaru STI of power and dropping him back to 4th Overall, the team's best finish thus far in 2013 after competing in three earlier events. Teammates Dave Mirra and Bucky Lasek showed impressive pace but narrowly missed out on advancing to the Final.
Opened in 1961, Bristol Motor Speedway is nicknamed "Thunder Valley" and is referred to as the world's last great coliseum, owing to its deep bowl seating and steep concrete banking. The Bristol Global RallyCross course featured a unique layout with a mix of both dirt and concrete as well as a large jump. The Subaru PUMA RallyCross Team entered three Vermont SportsCar prepared prepared 600hp Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive 2013 Subaru STI RallyCross cars for drivers Sverre Isachsen, Dave Mirra and Bucky Lasek.
Isachsen got things rolling for the Subaru PUMA RallyCross Team with an impressive Heat win in which he drove smartly, taking the longer "joker lap" early, then reeling in his rivals and passing them handily when they later chose to take the required joker lap. The victory advanced Isachsen straight to the Final and a spot on the coveted front row of the grid.
His teammates Bucky Lasek and Dave Mirra had much more difficult Heat races. Mirra retired from his Heat race after taking damage early while Lasek was unable to finish in the top two in his Heat race, landing both Subaru drivers to the Last Chance Qualifier (LCQ).
In the LCQ Mirra unfortunately was slowed by a punctured tire while Lasek drove well but came up just short, finishing in fourth, just behind the last transfer spot.
Isachsen then went to battle for the team in the Final. Starting from the front row Sverre muscled his way into 2nd Overall after a chaotic start. His impressive fight for the win was
cut short however when another competitor hit him in the rear and subsequently crushed his
exhaust,causing his Subaru to lose power. Isachsen would soldier-on and finish 4th Overall.
"The other teams see that we're coming up now, and trying to push the limit every time," said Isachsen. "The team is working really hard and it's getting better and better in every race. To win my heat and be on the front row of the Final is a good result and I'm very happy. I'm really looking forward to X Games in Los Angeles now!"
Standard YouTube License
- 56:34 How To Get Started Rallying Your Car -- AFTER/DRIVEby /DRIVE Featured 126,378
- 8:25 Launch Control: Higgins takes on Block at Rally in the 100 Acre Wood - Episode 5by Subaru58,454 views
- 4:45 Inside the Action with Subaru PUMA Rallycross Team at GRC Texas 2012by Subaru12,143 views
- 10:33 Launch Control: Maximum attack at STPR Rally & Isachsen clashes with Block in Munich - Episode 8by Subaru48,056 views
- 10:44 Launch Control: Unexpected adversity for Subaru at X Games Barcelona and STPR Rally - Episode 7by Subaru39,081 views
- 47:31 Global Rallycross Championship (GRC) 2012 Round 2 Texasby WRCforeva74,553 views
- 3:33 Highlight Reel | GRC SEMA | 2013by Devon Afro-Thunder774 views
- 1:34:47 2012 X Games Rallycross Completeby blazerk5806,282 views
- 1:39:52 Global Rallycross Championship (GRC) 2013 Bristol Motor Speedwayby arthur9271032,922 views
- 45:50 GRC Las Vegas 2012 Full Raceby rollipolli463,429 views
- 8:44 Subaru Rally and Rallycross Teams 2013 - Launch Control Episode 1by GTChannel13,752 views
- 1:29:54 Global Rallycross Championship 2013 Atlantaby arthur9271015,864 views
- 7:22 RALLY ACROPOLIS 2013 WRC PURE SOUND HD - MK2by mk2 racing videos54,016 views
- 23:18 WRC Classic Stages (Finland)by Motor Vidz10,509 views
- 1:34 C17 Air Drop: 4 Humvee's + 50 paratroopersby LaughingOutLol512,835 views
- 45:51 Canada's Worst Driver - S05E01by werevirus125,114 views
- 13:23 Showdown: Racing Bucky Lasek at Dirtfish Rally School - /TUNEDby /DRIVE57,955 views
- 3:06 crash Rallye 2013 voici les risque du rallye mal maitriserby movieprojet82,632 views
- 1:15:28 2012 Global Rally Cross Championship GRC New Hapshire Speedway Full Raceby rollipolli4248,629 views
- 9:51 Launch Control: Oregon Trail Rally and Subaru PUMA Rallycross Team Test - Episode 6by Subaru26,404 views
- Loading more suggestions...