Launch Control: Bucky Lasek's day off and podium in Atlanta for Subaru PUMA Rallycross - Episode 12
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 18, 2013
Launch Control - Episode 12: "Swinging for the Fence"
Watch all episodes of Launch Control here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=...
Thirty minutes outside of San Diego, California, Bucky Lasek is home for a rare two days off before his next event. It doesn't take long for regular life to settle in, and Bucky enjoys a rare one-on-one day with his daughter. Bucky's passion for motorsports is only surpassed by his desire to prove himself. And he feels that with nearly two years in Global Rallycross, his goal can now shift from development to fighting for podiums.
Two days later at the Atlanta Motor Speedway the Subaru PUMA Rallycross Team is outside the oval doing a final shakedown. With temperatures expected to be in the mid 90s and extremely humid, the race will be very taxing on the drivers AND the cars.
The track is a tricky one. With dirt sections that get very rutted and rough, some of Subaru's competitors are feeling the adversity.
But for the Subaru PUMA Rallycross Team, things are looking up. All three subarus qualify well but Bucky Lasek lands a notable fifth fastest time, beating both his teammates. Its Bucky's best seeding position yet in GRC, proving that his track and karting racecraft is beginning to meld with the more raw world of rallycross.
The true joy of rallycross is that predicting the outcome is simply impossible. A podium finish is never out of reach until three cars cross the finish line. And as the cars leave the start line for a 10 lap final, the script changes once again....
It's been a long month for the team. Zig-zagging the country in the hunt for success doesn't come without its toll. But when the toll is paid, you get to cross the bridge. A taste of success only makes you hungry for more.
This is everything it takes to win. This is everything that gets in the way of victory. This is Launch Control.
Produced by Formula Photographic Inc.
Follow the teams on Twitter & Instagram: http://www.twitter.com/srtusa / @srtusa
Standard YouTube License
Next in Launch Control
- 56:34 How To Get Started Rallying Your Car -- AFTER/DRIVEby /DRIVE Featured 129,285
- 3:14 The 2015 WRX. In-depth.by Subaru39,581 views
- 8:25 Launch Control: Higgins takes on Block at Rally in the 100 Acre Wood - Episode 5by Subaru58,714 views
- 21:35 Launch Control: Final Showdown between Higgins and Block at LSPR Rally - Episode 14by Subaru23,551 views
- 1:30:35 Battle of Thermopylae: This is SPARTA! | History Channel Documentaryby MrGreekDocumentary248,828 views
- 1:11:56 Monster Jam World Finals XIII Freestyleby Andrew Castagna1,308,063 views
- 3:30 Lamborghini Aventador Lp 700-4 goes CRAZY in Hamburg (LAUNCH CONTROL)by MfCarspotting177,789 views
- 12:15 The Original Sting Ray - /BIG MUSCLEby /DRIVE243,137 views
- 2:02:20 Global Rallycross Championship (GRC) 2013 New Hampshireby arthur92710149,161 views
- 2:45:37 Desfile militar conmemorativo de la Independencia de México 2013by Gobierno de la República94,508 views
- 1:34:19 Global Rallycross Championship (GRC) 2013 Charlotteby arthur9271012,526 views
- 22:09 Ferrari F40 v Ferrari F50. Like You've Never Seen Them Before /CHRIS HARRIS ON CARSby /DRIVE1,018,556 views
- 10:14 Subaru R-STi - JDM vs USDM: A Friendly Rivalry -- /TUNEDby /DRIVE438,258 views
- 9:36 The 450 HP Crawford Performance Turbo BRZ - /TUNEDby /DRIVE819,721 views
- 3:30 How To Use Audi R8 launch control R-Tronicby CollisionBody16,348 views
- 1:29:54 Global Rallycross Championship 2013 Atlanta Motor Speedwayby MYXGAMES20139,593 views
- 2:28 Grandmas GT-R Launch Control Reaction: GTR 700+HP Hilarious!by Duskin Terteling485,620 views
- 13:52 Launch Control: Higgins fights Block through extreme adversity at Ojibwe Rally - Episode 13by Subaru18,282 views
- 1:49 OOPS! Too much Power on the Nürburgring Nordschleife! Epic compilation!by monsterchannel24376,098 views