Yahweh's Perfect Justice (Numbers 15:32-36)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 20, 2012
Numbers 15 : 32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.
33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.
34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.
35 And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.
36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.
The god of the bible is a sick, inhumane, barbaric character. That is, unless you think that He's loving, kind, perfectly fair and perfectly just, - in which case He's that. Never mind what He's apparently told us about Himself.
This is actually a re-make of one of my first videos, from 2008. The original video had, at the end, footage of an actual stoning that had taken place somewhere in the Islamic world, taken on a camera phone. The video was banned and taken down in 2009, and I didn't dispute the ban.
I could never get around to drawing a stoning scene that I thought would have the same impact. A few months back I came up with the idea of seeing if people would like to draw cartoon pictures of a stoning that I could include in this remake. I made a quick video calling for submissions, and you can see the results here.
I'm so happy that my request was met with such wonderful replies.
Thank you to all those who responded - there were many more than I could include, time-wise, in the video itself. To see all the pictures that were sent in, please go to:
Written, performed, drawn, etc, by me.
Music written and performed by me via GarageBand on the iPad and the Mac.
My SECOND youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/nonstampc...
My website: http://www.nonstampcollector.com
Use the online backup service that I've been using for over 2 years:
Christian believers, you have a choice: either defend the story of this man's being killed by having an angry mob of barbarians pelt him with rocks as being the holy justice mandated by a fair and just god of perfect love,...
or join the rest of the world in rejecting any deity's involvement in the story as a piece of insane fiction dreamt up by savage people hoping to convince somebody that their barbaric cruelty was mandated by a holy and unquestionable moral authority. It wasn't: it was fucking sick, AND YOU KNOW IT.
The bible is bullshit. Look elsewhere for perfect love.
Isn't it funny, that if you took a random sampling of people from around the world, it would most likely be the CHRISTIANS amongst them, not the atheists, that would voice any disagreement with a statement declaring that stoning is, and always was, a monumentally unnecessarily cruel and inhumane form of punishment. As an atheist, I can say outright that it's a sick and disgusting method of execution- and the standard Christian response to that would NOT be to say that they agree with me, because that would condemn their god. Rather, the response I usually get is for them to say that since I don't believe in their god, that I don't have a moral framework upon which to base such a statement.
Well - if the only option is a moral framework that declares stoning anything other than fucking barbaric, then I'm happier with the one that I have (or don't have)!!!
If you are convinced that there must be a god - a source of love and life and joy and morality and hope - then keep looking. Yahweh is about the worst candidate for that job that there could possibly be. Read the bible for more proof of that.
FUCK: I can't believe I used the first person singular subject pronoun as an object pronoun.
Thank you everyone.
This one took a lot of work, despite being written four years ago. I don't think there'll be anything from me for some time yet (not that that's unusual for me).
...but I always seem to be working on something....
Standard YouTube License
- 4:17 The King of Kings' Speech [Bible slavery]by NonStampCollectorFeatured 67,816
- 7:19 Yahweh's Amazing Test (Abraham, Genesis 22)by NonStampCollector 62,444 views
- 2:18 Yahweh's Perfect Justice: PART 2by NonStampCollector 67,531 views
- 11:23 Yahweh's Amazing Miracleby NonStampCollector 91,797 views
- 3:06 Why Christianity is Impossible to Believe (Christopher Hitchens)by bdwilson1000 130,243 views
- 2:24 Cooking with Yahwehby NonStampCollector 96,435 views
- 5:06 Matt Dillahunty - Greatest Rant Everby bdwilson1000 108,396 views
- 2:57 Free Will - "God" style: a gift?by NonStampCollector 104,476 views
- 10:19 Bible Slavery: TOTALLY DIFFERENTby NonStampCollector 99,590 views
- 7:27 The Eye of the Pythonby NonStampCollector 106,300 views
- 1:55 Iran Infuriated By Film Of Woman's Stoningby goffnett 1,183,143 views
- 12:30 How do you know the bible is God's word? (The Atheist Experience)by bdwilson1000 125,124 views
- 9:55 Jephthah (Judges 11)by NonStampCollector 135,014 views
- 10:33 Challenge to Theistsby NonStampCollector 77,138 views
- 8:32 God is for idiotsby Thank God I'm an Atheist. 913,968 views
- 8:58 Atheists SECRETLY believe in Yahwehby NonStampCollector 110,977 views
- 5:13 12 Year Old Girl Tells The SHEEPLE the Truth about ROTHSCHILD CORRUPT BANKERS and ECONOMYby The Unseen Forces 233,000 views
- 10:45 HITLER: THE ATHEIST (Quiz Show)by NonStampCollector 191,237 views
- 3:40 "You're just atheist because you want to sin." (The Atheist Experience)by bdwilson1000 25,615 views
- 6:11 Evolution of Apologeticsby DarkMatter2525 151,087 views
- Loading more suggestions...