How To Make Fortune Cookies
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 11, 2009
How to make your own fortune cookies. This was the first time I tried making these and they are easy once you get the hang of the baking process and get the timing right. If you are making these for an event, I would try a batch before hand to get some practice at it too see how they turn out for you.
Music: Jason Shaw You Tube user/audionautix http://www.youtube.com/user/audionautix
The most important thing about making these cookies is to spread the batter out enough so that it is very thin. Thin cookies will be very crisp and dry when cool.
If the cookies are too thick, they won't crisp up when cool and the fortunes inside may stick to the cookie.
This is where I found the recipe:
2 large egg whites
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
8 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 teaspoons water
1. Write fortunes on pieces of paper that are 3 1/2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 2 9-X-13 inch baking sheets.
2. In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg white, vanilla extract, almond extract and vegetable oil until frothy, but not stiff.
3. Sift the flour, cornstarch, salt and sugar into a separate bowl. Stir the water into the flour mixture.
4. Add the flour into the egg white mixture and stir until you have a smooth batter. The batter should not be runny, but should drop easily off a wooden spoon.
Note: if you want to dye the fortune cookies, add the food coloring at this point, stirring it into the batter. For example, I used 1/2 teaspoon green food coloring to make green fortune cookies.
5. Place level tablespoons of batter onto the cookie sheet, spacing them at least 3 inches apart. Gently tilt the baking sheet back and forth and from side to side so that each tablespoon of batter forms into a circle 4 inches in diameter.
6. Bake until the outer 1/2-inch of each cookie turns golden brown and they are easy to remove from the baking sheet with a spatula (14 - 15 minutes).
7. Working quickly, remove the cookie with a spatula and flip it over in your hand. Place a fortune in the middle of a cookie. To form the fortune cookie shape, fold the cookie in half, then gently pull the edges downward over the rim of a glass, wooden spoon or the edge of a muffin tin. Place the finished cookie in the cup of the muffin tin so that it keeps its shape. Continue with the rest of the cookies.
INFO ABOUT ME :)
My name is Tammy and I live in Northeastern Ontario Canada.
What you will find on my channel:
Cupcake decorating tutorials for all occasions
Fun rainbow food
Harry Potter crafts (and other fun crafts)
Main mean ideas
Cakepops for all occasions
Halloween treats and cupcakes
Cookies, cookies and more cookies
Quilling (the art of paper filigree)
Fun paper crafts
My channel page where you will find all of my videos and playlists. I have tried to organize my videos into playlist by category (Easter treats, animal cupcakes, rainbow treats etc.)
If you subscribe any new video I make will show up in your subscription box, delivered to you like a new magazine to your door (except free). You can even go to your subscriptions section of your channel and click on "manage subscriptions" and select "email with new uploads" on my channel. This way you will get an email telling you I have a new video up if you don't go to YouTube often.
I LOVE comments and I read each and every one of them.
I try very hard to answer questions when I can, but there is an excellent chance your question has been answered in the description box or in the comments, so please take a look.
Obscene or hateful comments are removed promptly. My channel is a place you can feel comfortable letting your kids browse around on.
Giving my channel a thumbs up (or down) helps my channel be seen by more people, so please rate while you are here.
Want to come back to a video later? Pin it on Pinterest or favourite it on YouTube.
I'm on Facebook!
Add me as a friend and you can upload photos of your creations and ask me questions there :)
If you are wondering what I look like, this is the place to look, lol.
I'm on Pinterest!
I often will pin things there that I want to try in future videos.
I'm also on Google Plus, but don't do too much there yet:
Contact me here:
I try to respond to all correspondence as soon as I can.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:22 Fortune Cookies - Factory Made - 360p - SD -=KCK=by MrDkahhanFeatured 10,810
- 12:01 Max's 12th Birthday Cake : The Pacman Game created by yoyomax12by yoyomax12 1,631,782 views
- 6:44 Unicorn Poop Cookies - with yoyomax12by yoyomax12 1,748,689 views
- 5:01 Decorating Cupcakes #9: The "Sandwich"by yoyomax12 481,717 views
- 7:23 How to make your own rock candy (sugar crystal candy)by yoyomax12 990,267 views
- 6:43 How to Make Fortune Cookiesby AsianCookingmadeEasy 35,406 views
- 6:39 Making Rock Candy!!! (4.8.11)by TheTimTracker 409,328 views
- 14 videos Play all furtune cookiesby gobardhan123
- 4:15 2 Minutes Chocolate Cakeby ItsRaphaBlueBerry 1,050,459 views
- 5:10 Chocolate Covered Valentine Heart Brownie Bitesby yoyomax12 174,679 views
- 7:05 How To Make Rainbow Cookies -with yoyomax12by yoyomax12 1,460,336 views
- 2:40 5 Minute Chocolate Fudgeby yoyomax12 547,675 views
- 8:59 Melted Snowman Cookiesby yoyomax12 224,665 views
- 5:59 Belle doll cake - Beauty and the Beastby Bani Dao 13,420,348 views
- 4:49 Girl Gourmet Cake Bakeryby New Video's And Old Video's 20,841,781 views
- Vat19.com 488 videos332K
- 2:17 Froot Loop Cookiesby yoyomax12 86,030 views
- 5:41 How to make Vanilla Sugar Cookies - Recipe by Laura Vitale - Laura in the Kitchen Ep 104by Laura in the Kitchen 292,059 views
- 4:58 Impossibly Easy Toffee Bar Cheesecake (Heath Bar/ Skor Bar Cheesecake)by yoyomax12 36,029 views
- 4:19 Easiest Cookies EVER!!!by PrincessDiana161 302,375 views
- 5:50 HOW TO MAKE FORTUNE COOKIESby TheSorryGirls 20,631 views
- 4:24 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Trufflesby yoyomax12 161,403 views
- Loading more suggestions...