How to remove a Trojan, Virus, Worm, or other Malware for FREE by Britec
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 14, 2011
How to remove a Trojan, Virus, Worm, or other Malware by britec.co.uk Malware - Malware is programming or files that are developed for the purpose of doing harm. Thus, malware includes computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, hijackers, and certain type of adware.
This article will focus on those malware that are considered viruses, trojans, worms, and viruses, though this information can be used to remove the other types of malware as well. We will not go into specific details about any one particular infection, but rather provide a broad overview of how these infections can be removed. For the most part these instructions should allow you to remove a good deal of infections, but there are some that need special steps to be removed and these won't be covered under this tutorial.
Before we continue it is important to understand the generic malware terms that you will be reading about. Adware - A program that generates pop-ups on your computer or displays advertisements. It is important to note that not all adware programs are necessarily considered malware. There are many legitimate programs that are given for free that display ads in their programs in order to generate revenue. As long as this information is provided up front then they are generally not considered malware. Backdoor - A program that allows a remote user to execute commands and tasks on your computer without your permission. These types of programs are typically used to launch attacks on other computers, distribute copyrighted software or media, or hack other computers. Dialler - A program that typically dials a premium rate number that has per minute charges over and above the typical call charge. These calls are with the intent of gaining access to pornographic material. Hijackers - A program that attempts to hijack certain Internet functions like redirecting your start page to the hijacker's own start page, redirecting search queries to a undesired search engine, or replace search results from popular search engines with their own information. Spyware - A program that monitors your activity or information on your computer and sends that information to a remote computer without your knowledge. Trojan - A program that has been designed to appear innocent but has been intentionally designed to cause some malicious activity or to provide a backdoor to your system. Virus - A program that when run, has the ability to self-replicate by infecting other programs and files on your computer. These programs can have many effects ranging from wiping your hard drive, displaying a joke in a small box, or doing nothing at all except to replicate itself. These types of infections tend to be localized to your computer and not have the ability to spread to another computer on their own. The word virus has incorrectly become a general term that encompasses trojans, worms, and viruses. Worm - A program that when run, has the ability to spread to other computers on its own using either mass-mailing techniques to email addresses found on your computer or by using the Internet to infect a remote computer using known security holes.
Article by Lawrence Abrams
Full article can be found here:
Standard YouTube License
- 44:00 Removing Spyware and Malware from a Windows PC Using Spybot Search and Destroyby Eli the Computer Guy Featured 52,178
- 8:06 Fix Windows Errors by Re-registering All Your DLL's by Britecby Britec0964,832 views
- 9:40 How to Remove Spyware,Trojans, Viruses and Malware from your Computer by Britecby Britec0954,293 views
- 13:07 Manually Remove RootKit.0Access Trojan:Win32/sirefef Completely by Britecby Britec0941,186 views
- 13:11 How to Remove Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Krotten by Britecby Britec0924,442 views
- 5:01 How to Find a Trojan Virusby ncc410123,504 views
- 23:50 How to clean badly infected PC step by step tutorialby Aca Faca303,976 views
- 3:12 How to Delete all viruses, No cost, all free!by HyperJakeCam284,231 views
- 10:44 My Easy Blue Screen Of Death Fix.External Hard Drive Enclosure Or Desktop PC Requiredby percaine187,724 views
- 7:46 Remove FBI Fine Moneypak Virus Ransomware In 3 Easy Steps Narrated & Demonstratedby lenfarneth387,526 views
- 24:16 Oxygen Therapy Trainingby intersurgical59,208 views
- 14:02 Virus Removalby CareyHolzman50,382 views
- 7:59 How to delete virus manually without using anti-virus.by clintprexis889,141 views
- 3:00 How to: Windows 7 - Remove all Junk files, VIRUS & make FASTER!! (100% SAFE) HDby Vikrant Patankar105,326 views
- 10:19 l Catch & Remove FBI Moneypak Virus Easily, Live Latest Updated!by lenfarneth296,261 views
- 8:53 How to Remove a Virus, Malware, Trojans and hacks from your PC Part 1by Bram Roumi165,171 views
- 6:52 How to Find and Remove Viruses, Spyware or Trojans from your PC Desktop or Laptopby AsmarinaOnline228,910 views
- 3:23 How to detect a virusby superkr1000101,906 views
- 7:55 How to remove a trojan virus infection from computerby alwaysafix16,716 views
- 9:34 Manually Delete that stubborn Virus Fileby BetaFlux239,397 views
- Loading more suggestions...