IBM Web Portal Software: Enabling A More Efficient and Effective Enterprise
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 1, 2010
TD Bank uses IBM WebSphere Portal as its primary solution for operational procedures and human resources. Solution Architect for TD Bank, Randy Blast, discusses how WebSphere Portal enables the organization to be more efficient and effective by creating a differentiated employee experience, allowing employees to quickly find subject matter experts, and shorten response times with WebSphere Portal.
RANDY BAST: Randy Bast. I'm a Solutions Architect at Toronto-Dominion Bank. I'm located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
BAST: Toronto-Dominion Bank head office is in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We offer a full set of banking services, insurance, brokerage services, and wholesale banking.
BAST: TD Bank is the sixth largest bank in North America. We have about 72,000 employees, with 50,000 of those located in Canada. Of those, about 25,000 people are in our Canadian branches that use WebSphere Portal on a regular basis. The overall Toronto-Dominion Bank is a full-service bank. We offer insurance products, banking products, brokerage products, and are a wholesale bank, a totally full-service financial institution.
BAST: At Toronto-Dominion Bank, we're using the Portal primarily as a vehicle to present static content that has the procedures and operational guidelines for branch and call center staff. It also contains the human resources type of information. In total there are about 22 Portal sites that different lines of businesses have put out there to provide information to their employees about how to do their jobs that is published and updated on a regular basis by the lines of business.
BAST: Well, the benefit of them hopefully is that we are actually serving back the actual responses fairly quickly. We have a guideline in the branch that we like to have response time back in under two seconds, and the Portal is actually capable of doing that across our vast North American network. Therefore, that's actually fairly good, quick response service, and high availability are the main things we're getting out of the Portal.
BAST: From an HR perspective, the HR site is on the Portal. You get your basic HR information and types of services. There's a link provided on the HR site to HR services that are tied into our PeopleSoft application, so it's a link that you pop over to the HR services. But primarily most of your information about what services are offered and what benefits are available on the Portal.
BAST: Well, the benefit to the employee is that we're starting to see more and more people actually going to the site to find their information. We've got a lot bigger uptake in the past number of years of the site utilization. And the benefit that we're starting to see through Portal versus doing a standard web development is the ability. And the main reason why we went to Portal is the ability to start targeting and focusing information to the actual employee and being able to differentiate the experience, what they actually see on the page, and from both a secure perspective and from knowing who you are perspective, which in standard web development technology it's possible, but it's not as easy and as capable as it is through using a Portal.
BAST: At Toronto-Dominion Bank, Lotus knows our Portal.
Standard YouTube License
- 23:52 The Semantic Web - An Overviewby Peter WebExplorations28,473 views
- 5:36 Web Portalby drraley1,795 views
- 9:59 Tour the IBM Academic Intiative Web Portalby Heather McClain6,115 views
- 1:41 What is the IBM Support Portal?by IBMElectronicSupport14,514 views
- 30:35 Liferay 6.1 Tutorial 4 - Creating your first Liferay Portletby Arun Chandran12,125 views
- 6:07 IBM WebSphere Potalby RomanChan13,497 views
- 24:10 Technical Introduction to IBM WebSphere MQby IBM SupportTV35,130 views
- 13:14 Install WebSphere Portal 7 Trial [Part 2 of 4]by Perficient, Inc.2,574 views
- 5:17 Work Smarter in Banking - a scenario animation demoby Cindy Cheng2,489 views
- 7:10 IBM Banking Template for Websphere Portalby weezieLikesPortal923 views
- 3:58 What is a Web Portal? WebSphere Portals - PCIS is a IBM Business Partnerby PCIS Vancouver1,357 views
- 14:49 WebSphere Portal Farm Demoby IBMWebSpherePortal2,759 views
- 4:23 IBM Websphere Portal Delivering exceptional web experiences is our DNAby collaboration4you1,256 views
- 1:20:27 Intro to Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 - Step by Step Lecture (PART 1 of 3)by Mike Sloan96,275 views
- 3:04 IBM Collaboration Solutions: Driving Innovation and Productivity at Colgate-Palmoliveby collaboration4you3,735 views
- 5:32 IBM WebSphere Portal Web 2.0 Featuresby Brian Cheng24,569 views
- 5:15 Como Remover o Portal Dos Sites da Página Inicial De Seu Navegadorby Deivid Cuker João25,783 views
- 8:36 InDG Web Portal Launchby admin indg1,000 views
- 3:07 IBM Websphere Portal at workby collaboration4you1,521 views
- 3:57 Web 2.0: Why web collaboration needs to be reinvented?by yugmanow11,332 views
- Loading more suggestions...