THRASS UK PHONICS 0908SAL Part 1 Harare Nyanga Zimbabwe
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 8, 2010
THRASS UK is licensed to serve customers in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, South America, Central America and the United States of America. For courses and resources, visit http://www.thrass.com and click on a country to be directed to the correct website.
In July 2009 Alan and Hilary Davies, with the permission of the Zimbabwe Government, presented two-day THRASS workshops in Harare and Nyanga.
The video opens with Willy Dhlandhlara of the Solon Foundation telling us how brilliant the last few days have been. A lot of teachers have been seen assuming new roles, being reinvigorated and almost being born again and a number of them have told him that they didn't know teaching would be so exciting.
We then hear from some of the delegates attending the first THRASS SING-A-LONG workshop at Ariel School in Ruwa, Harare. Phoebe Musakan, Materials Production Officer (English) from the Ministry of Education feels that the workshop has been quite an eye-opener, a very inspiring course and a very educative one that will help the children to pronounce their words well. She would like to see THRASS cascade to all schools and teacher training colleges in Zimbabwe.
John Sithole, Acting Deputy Director, Education Technology Centre, Ministry of Education, feels empowered and believes THRASS is a good programme that should be rolled out in quite a number of schools, if not in all schools. Language is difficult to teach and a programme such as THRASS gives the teachers confidence to teach the children.
Other delegates are also really excited about THRASS, which they describe as a brilliant programme, a dream come true that can be used with pupils all the way up to university. They feel that the last two days have been empowering and thrilling because instead of doing things the same old way they have seen everything being done with creativity, innovation and a lot of energy which can make learning far more interesting. They are sure that the children will love the opportunity to be active that the SING-A-LONG songs offer them.
Standard YouTube License
- 14:49 THRASS UK PHONICS 0908SAL Part 2 Harare Nyanga Zimbabweby THRASSUK1,331 views
- 47:59 Zimbabwe State of Denial - full documentaryby FulIDocumentaries12,861 views
- 10:08 Meeting Julius in Nyanga, Zimbabweby vagabondventure1,221 views
- 9:59 Nyanga Worries, Zimbabweby vagabondventure1,275 views
- 6:42 Rural Nyanga, Zimbabweby vagabondventure1,117 views
- 30:56 "ABC Alphabet Songs Collection Vol. 1" - Learn the Alphabet, Phonics Songs, Nursery Rhymes, Beaversby Busy Beavers8,510,293 views
- 9:51 Driving around Harareby Dale Meador28,103 views
- 14:53 THRASS UK PHONICS 1005TT Nyanga Zimbabweby THRASSUK548 views
- 4:25 Zimbabwean Songsby Ashraf Hassanein55,580 views
- 4:38 Roadtrip Nyanga to Mutare 2012by SeanFlyingZimbo417 views
- 2:19 The Nyanga Mountainsby SADirect1,618 views
- 6:04 Zimbabwe Nyanga Udu lodgeby Wakela100196 views
- 0:46 Nyamhukaby tagkuj1,173 views
- 11:49 THRASS UK PHONICS 0901SAL Part 1 Limpopo South Africaby THRASSUK2,408 views
- 3:21 St Hugh's Primary School, Gokwe, Zimbabweby peterjohnbrand140 views
- 3:15 Montclair Hotel and Casinoby travelzimbabwe573 views
- 12:48 THRASS UK PHONICS 1005TT Part 1 G7 Mpumalanga South Africaby THRASSUK487 views
- 2:39 Open Court Reading Sound Spelling Card Song Phonics Alphabet LAUSDby Laniidae30,007 views
- 8:07 The Power of Synthetic Phonics to Teach English - Debbie Hepplewhiteby David Hepplewhite52,140 views
- 5:33 THRASS UK PHONICS 1011EPT Demo Row C1by THRASSUK4,005 views
- Loading more suggestions...