How to Cure a Hangover
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 7, 2008
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more Bar Life & the Art of Drinking videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/158-Bar...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
Nothing's more fun than having a few drinks with friendsuntil the room starts spinning, your mouth is parched, and your head feels like it's about to explode. Here's how to feel human again.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Drink water
Because most of a hangover's vile symptoms are the result of dehydration, drink as much water as you can when you get home from your big night out.
You can speed up the hydration process by adding half a teaspoon of salt to each quart of water you drink; the salt helps the body absorb the water.
Step 2: Burn some toast
Burn yourself some toast. Studies show the carbon helps absorb the impurities released when alcohol is metabolized in your body.
You may also want to keep Vitamins B-1 and B-6, Vitamin C, and the amino acid supplement N-Acetyl-Cysteine on hand in your medicine chest; taking them together has been proven to reduce hangover symptoms.
Step 3: Take effervescent pain relievers
If your stomach is upset, go for the pop, pop, fizz, fizz of effervescent pain relief tablets; they'll help neutralize your stomach acid.
Step 4: Take ibuprofen
If you have a headache, take ibuprofen; mixing aspirin and alcohol can irritate the lining of your stomach, and mixing acetaminophen and alcohol can increase your risk of liver damage.
Never take aspirin before drinking: Studies show it can increase your blood alcohol level by a whopping 30 percent!
Step 5: Have a sports drink
In the morning, have a sports drink to replace the electrolytes your body has lost.
Step 6: Eat an egg sandwich
Indulge in a nice, greasy bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich for breakfast. People swear by it as a cure, and scientists speculate it helps because the carbs raise blood sugar levels, the fat absorbs alcohol, and the salt replaces your body's depleted sodium.
For extra sodium, and extra pep, add a few dashes of hot sauce to your egg sandwich.
Step 7: Drink a cola
Nauseous? Drink a cola. It contains phosphoric acid, an ingredient in the drug Emetrol, which controls vomiting.
Step 8: Sleep
When all else fails, climb back into bed. There's a reason they call it "sleeping it off."
Did You Know?
Champagne causes the worst hangovers.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:51 How to Fake Being Sickby Howcast1,347,716 views
- 2:14 How to Act If You're Stopped by the Policeby Howcast1,546,545 views
- 2:25 How to Pick a Lockby Howcast11,076,250 views
- 1:48 How to Fake Being Soberby Howcast433,027 views
- ZICO 85 videos221
- 5:34 How to Cure a Hangoverby mahalodotcom58,301 views
- 3:16 How To Cure A Hangoverby DNews62,106 views
- 3:41 8-Year-Old Terror Suspect?by CBS192,040 views
- 2:50 How to Wake Up Early When You Absolutely Have Toby Howcast1,168,398 views
- 3:18 How to Beat a Hangover - Green Home Remediesby dontmakemechoose29,916 views
- 1:44 How to Talk Your Way out of a Speeding Ticketby Howcast492,225 views
- 3:23 How to Pretend You're a Real New Yorkerby Howcast218,518 views
- 2:30 How to Tell a Jokeby Howcast134,281 views
- 2:02 For The Win - How to Cure a Hangoverby Made Man87,202 views
- 1:43 How to Avoid Getting a Hangoverby Howcast62,064 views
- 2:32 How to Outwit Carniesby Howcast185,387 views
- 14 videos Play all Hangover Highlightsby hangover
- 2:22 How to Sneak into Your House After Curfewby Howcast554,080 views
- 2:36 How to Look Great in Photographsby Howcast1,194,724 views
- 2:02 How to Chill a Six Pack in Three Minutesby Howcast1,227,323 views