TUTORIAL: How to update your XPERIA X10 to Sony Ericsson Official Gingerbread / Android 2.3.3
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 30, 2011
Intended for those who can not update their phones via PC Companion. Update to 2.1 before attempting! PROCESS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA JUST LIKE A PC COMPANION UPDATE! ALL CONTACTS AND APPS WILL BE GONE! BACK UP YOUR CONTACTS VIA GMAIL or PREFERRED APPS! BACK UP AND RESTORE APP IS NOT ON NEWEST FIRMWARE. I have not tested this but, see below for link for back up and restore app that may work on newest firmware. (USERS HAVE CONFIRMED IT WORKS - SEE COMMENT SECTION).
I am not responsible if you mess up your device. Reflash to stock if you are having issues! (You can always reflash to stock firmware using flashtool or repair with PC Companion)
Optional A - Backup your device using Backup and Restore app by Sony Ericsson.
1. Turn on USB Debugging on Xperia X10 - Settings - Applications - Development - USB Debugging
2. Turn off User Access Controls on PC
3. Install Sony Ericsson PC Companion & connect phone to PC to install drivers. Unplug phone from PC.
4. Download flashtool and Install Flash tool on your PC: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showt... (please read and look for the links)
5. Download X10 Gingerbread Firmware/FTF: http://db.tt/nK0eQ1cp
6. Put FTF file into firmware folder of flashtool
7. Run Flashtool/Press Flash
8. Select Firmware and all contents of Firmware
9. Turn off your phone and Connect your phone in Flash Mode
10. Update/Flash will take about 5 minutes, Unplug when finished
11. Enjoy Gingerbread
Optional B - Install Backup and Restore App from Sony Ericsson (Special Thanks to YouTube User bhagyavf for providing the link): http://bit.ly/rfHYZP
& Restore Apps, Data and SMS via Backup and Restore App.
THANK YOU XDA DEVELOPERS!!!!!!
Thanks to Bin4ry, Adroxyde for Flashtool and all the developers that made this possible.
I am not a developer but I do like making videos. Please donate to the developers on XDA because without them it would not be possible for us to do this.
If I helped you in any way, consider buying me a drink!
Please rate, comment and subscribe.
Thanks for watching!
Standard YouTube License
- 4:03 Blue Eyes Full Video Song Yo Yo Honey Singh | Blockbuster Song Of 2013by T-Series Featured 13,479,581
- 13:27 X10 Tutorial: Root + Upgrade + Root CM7 (Part 1)by Babbling Boolean49,985 views
- 5:50 Xperia X10 with Android 4.0.3by Kevin Nguyen95,101 views
- 3:29 Everytime we touch...by Samantha Hollandsworth203,617 views
- 8:15 Scion FRS (GT86) vs. Subaru BRZ on Track - Everyday Driverby EverydayDriver348,975 views
- 12:47 How to Get Official Android 2.3 update on Sony X10 FREEby Luke Hodgson21,640 views
- 10:10 Xperia X10 - Gingerbread - Android 2.3.3 - Cyanogenmod 7.0 v10a - HDby sopdogg222,342 views
- 3:40 How to root stock Android 2.3.3 on X10by Kevin Nguyen98,922 views
- 3:21 Update the software on your Xperia™ X10by sonyericssonsupport197,283 views
- 4 videos Play all Xperia X10 Disassembly and Repairby MrSpywhite
- 2:33 How To Update Your 2011 Xperia to Android 4.0by sonyericssonsupport644,481 views
- 21:08 Xperia Upgrade to Android 4.0 (Official Guide)by Ricky Gunsession118,734 views
- 9:37 Secrets to Speeding Up Your Android Phoneby Oliver Crow202,788 views
- 4:36 flash and update the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10by ARABxGAM3R14,765 views
- 9:51 [Tutorial] Update your Xperia device using PC Companionby Tech GC145,646 views
- 5:44 Xperia X10 Official Android 2.3 Update Showcaseby ZeoTechCenter75,538 views
- 4:44 Android 2.1 for Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 & mini & mini pro & SO-01Bby FastGSMServer51,347 views
- 12:45 xperia x10 Gingerbread en Telcelby luckynbloody28,737 views
- 7:26 Repairing X10 Mini Pro via Sony Ericsson PC Companion.by Xminicyanogen32,717 views
- 6:53 Atualizando o Xperia X10 para Android 2.3 Gingerbread | fandroid.com.brby fandroidsite17,856 views