Uploaded on Jul 30, 2011
Intended for those who can not update their phones via PC Companion. Update to 2.1 before attempting! PROCESS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA JUST LIKE A PC COMPANION UPDATE! ALL CONTACTS AND APPS WILL BE GONE! BACK UP YOUR CONTACTS VIA GMAIL or PREFERRED APPS! BACK UP AND RESTORE APP IS NOT ON NEWEST FIRMWARE. I have not tested this but, see below for link for back up and restore app that may work on newest firmware. (USERS HAVE CONFIRMED IT WORKS - SEE COMMENT SECTION).
I am not responsible if you mess up your device. Reflash to stock if you are having issues! (You can always reflash to stock firmware using flashtool or repair with PC Companion)
Optional A - Backup your device using Backup and Restore app by Sony Ericsson.
1. Turn on USB Debugging on Xperia X10 - Settings - Applications - Development - USB Debugging
2. Turn off User Access Controls on PC
3. Install Sony Ericsson PC Companion & connect phone to PC to install drivers. Unplug phone from PC.
4. Download flashtool and Install Flash tool on your PC: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showt... (please read and look for the links)
5. Download X10 Gingerbread Firmware/FTF: http://db.tt/nK0eQ1cp
6. Put FTF file into firmware folder of flashtool
7. Run Flashtool/Press Flash
8. Select Firmware and all contents of Firmware
9. Turn off your phone and Connect your phone in Flash Mode
10. Update/Flash will take about 5 minutes, Unplug when finished
11. Enjoy Gingerbread
Optional B - Install Backup and Restore App from Sony Ericsson (Special Thanks to YouTube User bhagyavf for providing the link): http://bit.ly/rfHYZP
& Restore Apps, Data and SMS via Backup and Restore App.
THANK YOU XDA DEVELOPERS!!!!!!
Thanks to Bin4ry, Adroxyde for Flashtool and all the developers that made this possible.
I am not a developer but I do like making videos. Please donate to the developers on XDA because without them it would not be possible for us to do this.
If I helped you in any way, consider buying me a drink!
Please rate, comment and subscribe.
Thanks for watching!