Vulnerabilities of Critical Infrastructure - Civil Engineering Prof. Neil Grigg
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 21, 2012
http://www.online.colostate.edu - Professor Neil Grigg divides U.S. infrastructure vulnerabilities into two categories, natural disasters and terrorist related events, and explains and how Colorado State is working toward improvements through civil engineering.
Colorado State University is one of the few institutions providing an online graduate degree in civil engineering with a focus on water resources and management.
With an ever-growing population, today's civil engineers face the challenge of building and maintaining a sustainable infrastructure. One of our most critical resources is water, and the Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering program, offered online through CSU OnlinePlus, prepares you to tackle the evolving water concerns and other infrastructure issues facing future generations.
This degree program will give you a strong understanding of modern design, testing, and analysis techniques and a practical and cutting-edge knowledge of water resources.
Through your course work, you will master concepts in: water control and measurement, physical and engineering hydrology, water resources planning, management, and systems analysis, environmental monitoring, geographic information systems (GIS), infrastructure management and security, and linear programming and network flows.
The Master in Engineering in Civil Engineering provides you with the skills and knowledge to handle the new engineering problems that arise from our industrial-oriented society. By becoming a more environmentally-educated engineer, you will be well-situated to pursue green positions, helping with areas such as water purification, flow, containment and transport. Consulting firms, industrial firms, and governmental agencies want engineers with advanced training in water resources engineering, systems analysis and optimization, hydrology, hydraulics, and civil engineering infrastructure.
Civil engineers with a focus on water resource management are needed in a global marketplace, though specific career opportunities depend on the desired region and job market. As a civil engineering graduate you'll find outstanding employment prospects in public works, private consulting or regulatory organizations, and government or military agencies.
Standard YouTube License
- 43:19 The Race to Rebuild America's Infrastructureby Alan Mills1,401 views
- 23:00 Howard Stern Show - Mr. Cee From Hot 97 Retires 09/16/13by HeyNowStern3,025 views
- 15:01 Grandes obras del Programa Nacional de Infraestructura 2007-2012by SCTMexico12,000 views
- 59:26 New Africa Growth Story: Financing Infrastructureby GEreports7,899 views
- 3:00 CNN - Ethiopia builds infrastructure for growthby Ethiomusicvideo9,769 views
- 1:19:39 Engineering and Civilization: Bridges, Infrastructure, and the Sources of Success and Failureby case3,193 views
- 29:15 Circular Saw & Reciprocating Saw 1999 US Air Force Training Film Civil Engineering Instructionby Jeff Quitney11,385 views
- 24:31 Civil Engineering Today OCT 2011 - Rich Matsonby Reed Brockman916 views
- 6 videos Play all Infrastructure/Engineeringby Moev1991
- 47:43 Saudi Aramco CEO: "We Have to Invest Wisely"by stanfordbusiness21,366 views
- 8:11 Can US Compete w. China on Infrastructure?by TheAlyonaShow5,008 views
- 5:37 Career Choices - Civil Engineerby Mike Stratton14,637 views
- 3:46 Ghana- Infrastructure Developmentby GIPC Ghana9,019 views
- 3:33 Turkey's Ambitious Infrastructure Projectsby STRATFORvideo10,992 views
- 22:33 Why India's infrastructure lagsby Reuters6,372 views
- 7:33 Major in Civil Engineeringby Textbook Tactics11,933 views
- 7:03 PCII: Protected Critical Infrastructure Information Program -Alex Jones Infowars 2012-08-17by Project: Liberty Defined110 views
- 4:27 What is Geomatics Engineering?by CsuFresnoGeomatics29,740 views
- 4:51 Water Resources Engineer | ISEEKby iseekvideouploads2,370 views
- 4:55 iExplore Enviromental Engineering career videoby ManufacturingCareers463 views