How to Prevent Cancer by Avoiding Carcinogens
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 26, 2011
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more Cancer & Disease Prevention videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/288-Can...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
You can reduce your risk for cancer by avoiding carcinogens. Here are some ways.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Avoid foam packaging
Avoid foam food packaging, which contains styrene that can be transferred to food inside. Animal studies have shown a link to cancer.
Styrene was found in the urine samples of 87 percent of people tested in a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study.
Step 2: Avoid tetrachloroethylene
Avoid taking your clothes to dry cleaners that use tetrachloroethylene as a cleaning compound. The agent has been found to cause liver cancer and leukemia in rats. Alternative dry cleaning compounds include silicone- and hydrocarbon-based solvents.
Step 3: Limit titanium dioxide
Limit your exposure to titanium dioxide, which is found in cosmetics, paints, paper, and plastics. Animal studies have confirmed the compound's carcinogenicity.
The jury is still out on whether titanium dioxide nanoparticles found in cosmetics can be absorbed by the skin, and if they are absorbed, what their effects would be.
Step 4: Stay away from diesel exhaust
Avoid diesel exhaust. These fumes have been linked to cancer in animal studies. Since diesel fumes are practically everywhere, your best bet for avoiding them is probably to move to an unpopulated tropical island.
Step 5: Reduce aromatic hydrocarbons
Reduce your exposure to aromatic hydrocarbons by limiting your consumption of smoked, barbecued, or burnt foods.
Step 6: Eat organic foods
Consider eating more organic foods. Organic foods contain lower concentrations of problematic food additives. Now you can enjoy a long, healthy life!
Did You Know?
Approximately 100 new food and color additive petitions are submitted to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration annually. Additives cannot be approved if they are found to cause cancer in humans or animals.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:36 How to Eat to Prevent Cancerby Howcast167,459 views
- 2:08 How to Pick Men's Fashions that Make You Look Thinnerby Howcast12,648 views
- 2:03 How to Make an Easter Bunny Cakeby Howcast33,037 views
- 3:01 How to Recognize Breast Cancer Symptomsby Howcast269,851 views
- 20:26 Today's Modern Food: It's not what you think - Part 1 of 2by Jeff Benner453,620 views
- 4:48 How to Prevent Brain Cancerby WaysAndHow2,946 views
- 29:46 Vitamin D Prevents Cancer: Is It True?by University of California Television (UCTV)194,009 views
- 5:06 Lifestyle Changes You Can Make to Prevent Cancer or Help Remissionby Andreas Moritz6,033 views
- 9:36 Anti-Cancer Foodsby bullslapper224,670 views
- 6:56 Rachel on Dr Oz. - Fighting Cancer with Foodby RachelBeller1,823 views
- 6:35 Cancer Alkaline Diet Is The Natural Cancer Cure. You Won't Believe It!by Empowering59,502 views
- 9:10 CANCER FLUSH - Anti-Cancer Diet Foods For Flushing Cancer Cells by Jordan Blaikie Liver Flush Manby FLUSHCANCER1,621 views
- 32:17 "Food for the Fight" - Nutrition Advice for Cancer Patientsby NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (nyphospital)10,736 views
- 3:12 Cancer, Interrupted: Green Teaby NutritionFacts.org21,571 views
- 2:59 Dangers of Chicken and Fishby HippocratesInstitute17,469 views
- 3:21 Top 3 Ways To Prevent Cancerby Personalcare Physicians2,592 views
- 6:19 Bicarbonato de Sodio con Limón para el Cáncer!by Roberto Benítez Melgar1,071,345 views
- 12:12 Savior Ministries Malakh1960oilspill Introductionby malakh1960oilspill289 views
- 2:56 How to Prevent Cancerby karen roth6,087 views
- 3:37 Estrogenic Cooked Meat Carcinogensby NutritionFacts.org9,018 views
- Loading more suggestions...