Howard Lips, "Down South"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 16, 2011
"When you combine the brilliant musical talents of Howard Lips with the renowned Peter Bordonali, there is only one way to describe DOWN SOUTH -- A Down Home Musical Masterpiece." (Sandy Floyd, Fan Club President)
Written by Tom Pick & Howard Lips (published by Timberjack Music), this is a slideshow of the title song from Adonda's new release, "Down South." The album's liner notes contain the following: "It's refreshing to hear an artist bring compassion to his music like Howard Lips. He sings with the same compassion as he uses to deliver the Word of God. As his Lay leader and friend I can speak for many of us who get to enjoy this talent each week" (Dale Carnahan, Emergency Management Director, Perry County, Mississippi). "I am proud to know Howard, not only as a Musician, but as our Methodist Minister. He also works with our School through His music and spiritual leadership and the kids really love Brother Lips. I'm honored to be a part of this new CD" (Albert Garner, Mayor, New Augusta, Mississippi). "This album is special to me, you feel like you are there with Howard as he sings his memories and fantasies" (Tom Pick, co-producer). "Howard's style is unique and his abilities are second to none. Adonda is proud of Howard Lips -- a multi-talented songwriting and singing troubadour" (Harrison Tyner, co-producer).
Peter Bordonali is a Nashville Music Industry Recording veteran who has recorded with such Country Stars as George Jones, Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, Trisha Yearwood, George Strait, Shania Twain, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Lyle Lovett, and Pop stars such as Joe Cocker, BB King, Marie Osmond, Ann Murray, Olivia Newton John, Bill Medley, Barbara Streisand, Nancy Sinatra, and Wayne Newton. With his legendary guitar, mandolin and bass playing work on the "Down South" album, he now adds Howard Lips to his list of Country Stars.
Performing as a single act on stage, Lips is a multi-instrumentalist performer playing guitar, dobro, banjo, mandolin, and harmonica. He is well-received in a variety of venues, such as colleges and universities, fairs, concert halls, pubs, festivals, private parties and church events. The music of Howard Lips is rooted in the traditional story-telling style of music performed by Jimmy Rogers, Woody Guthrie, Bob Dylan, and Neil Diamond. He draws from the deep well of Elvis Presley's Gospel and Rock & Roll, Robert Johnson's Delta Blues, and Country Legends Merle Haggard, Hank Williams, Sr. and Porter Wagoner. The Mississippi singer/songwriter performs music spanning 50 years of traditional Country, Pop, Rock & Roll, and Country Gospel.
Adonda Records has produced two albums on Howard: "Barrel Racer" and "Down South." Both are available for download and/or purchase on CDbaby.com. Google "Howard Lips International Fan Club" to join and for more information.
The "Catalog" section of HTiMusic.com has more Adonda products.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:50 Speak For Me - Gospel Legends Volume 3 soloist Sullivan Pughby pannellctp Featured 74,819
- 1:23:05 CMA Country Christmas 2013 ((Full Show))by GuriMalla20108,414 views
- 3:29 Howard Lips, "Johnsons Crossroads Cafe"by HTiMusic822 views
- 4:01 Howard Lips, "Barrel Racer"by HTiMusic4,057 views
- 3:17 Malpass Brothers Open For Merle Haggard - I Can't Be Myselfby malpassbrothers2,289 views
- 3:52 Wayne Newton Cuddles & Kisses Michele Bachmannby b88l21,626 views
- 2:21 Howard Lips, "She Bought Me A Harley"by HTiMusic575 views
- 4:25 Jerry Reed "Chuck Berry Medley"by muzikman74243,755 views
- 7:18 Homemade banjo that has replaced my Recording Kingby Dominic Ward2,818 views
- 3:36 MASSIMO ANDREOTTI " raggiante "by bymarcofisarmoniche4,005 views
- 5:28 Willie Nelson -Hit Medley On The Grand Ole Opry(1965).by Kevin Allen903,530 views
- 2:50 HANK COCHRAN - A GOOD Country Song (1963)by verycoolsound26,036 views
- 5:25 i can't live without youby mycompasstv1,450 views
- 5:38 STICK JOHNSON QUITS T.K. STANLEY INC.by Marvin Carter1,776 views
- 10:36 John Adams - Gnarly Buttons I. The Perilous Shore (Clarinet - Joe Shiner)by stephencraigen1,628 views
- 8:55 THE VENTURES 2009 - SPECIAL MEDLEYby OssanHOYHOY291,574 views
- 8:13 Top Cashbox Singles November 25, 1978 TOP 40by whiteboy79312,956 views
- 4:50 i feel helplessby mycompasstv529 views
- 6:43 SWIRLING(Yellow & Black Custom Guitar)by MrDean20055,284,111 views
- 4:31 [HQ] Cyndi Lauper - When You Were Mine (Live 1985)by debandana211,330 views
- Loading more suggestions...