Glenn Greenwald To David Gregory: With Newsmen Like You, Who Needs Gov't To Criminalize Reporting?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 23, 2013
6/23/13 - Guardian journalist Glenn Greenwald took Meet The Press host David Gregory head on in an interview Sunday morning, after Gregory asked if Greenwald would be criminally culpable for "aiding and abetting" NSA leaker Edward Snowden. "I think it's pretty extraordinary that anybody who would call themselves a journalist would publicly muse about whether or not other journalists should be charged with felonies," Greenwald said. "The assumptions in your question, David, is completely without evidence, the idea I've aided and abetted him in any way. The scandal that arose in Washington before our stories began was about the fact that the Obama administration is trying to criminalize investigative journalism by going through the e-mails and records of AP reporters, accusing a Fox News journalist of the theory you just embraced, being co-conspirator in felonies for working with sources."
"If you want to embrace that theory," Greenwald continued, "it means that every investigative journalist in the United States who works with their sources, who receives classified information, is a criminal. It's precisely those theories and precisely that climate that has become so menacing in the United States. It's why the New Yorker's Jane Mayer said investigative reporting has come to a standstill, as a result of the questions you just mentioned."
Gregory was very unhappy at being personally implicated in Greenwald's answer. "The question of who's a journalist may be up for debate, in regards to what you're doing" Gregory said. "Anybody who's watching this understands that I was asking a question. That question has been raised by lawmakers, as well. I'm not embracing anything. But obviously I take your point."
Standard YouTube License
- 1:19:01 Functions & Construction of the Pyramidsby DiscloseTruthTV2 Featured 3,003
- 10:57 Morgan Spurlock Glenn Greenwald 7/28/13 Snowdenby dee spag9,500 views
- 9:42 Bill Maher Gets Owned by Glenn Greenwald Over Benghazi and Interventionism - May 10, 2013by Original1001BG357,948 views
- 11:15 CNN's Shameful Journalism - Glenn Greenwald vs CNN - WikiLeaks Debateby paulboat6761,149 views
- 8:09 Glenn Greenwald "Peter King Was A Supporter Of Terrorism For Decades When It Was Done By The IRA"by MOXNEWSd0tC0M27,971 views
- 25:43 Glenn Greenwald on the High Cost of Government Secrecyby MoyersandCompany31,399 views
- 9:18 Glen Greenwald tears apart Dick Cheney!by simply2ghetto68,668 views
- 3:02 Glenn Greenwald Shuts Up Zbigniew Brzezinski's Blabbermouth Daughter on Morning Joeby Conservative1001BG41,213 views
- 22:08 Glenn Greenwald trashes GCHQ/NSA apologists Kirsty Wark, Pauline Neville-Jones (03Oct13)by liarpoliticians224,355 views
- 2:47 Castellanos kills Rachel Maddow on women's payby Todd Feinburg59,514 views
- 17:03 Glenn Greenwald Takes MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski, to Task for Using NSA WH Talking Points 06102013by bydesign00169,718 views
- 13:42 Glenn Greenwald: Obama Had Indefinite Detention Inserted Into Defense Authorization Actby MOXNEWSd0tC0M24,185 views
- 16:42 Glenn Greenwald Says Their Goal Is To End ALL Privacy!by MOXNEWSd0tC0M27,234 views
- 5:51 Glenn Greenwald Vs Bush Press Sec. Ari Fleischer Over NSA's PRISMby selfownership124,875 views
- 24:04 Glenn Greenwald "The Goal Of The U.S. Government Is To Eliminate ALL Privacy Globally!"by MOXNEWSd0tC0M36,984 views
- 2:47 Glenn Greewald eats Greg Craig's lunch debating Elana Kagan for Supreme Courtby InTheAtticLights118,975 views
- 20:54 Glenn Greenwald Tells MSNBC Host Put Down White House Talking Point Memoby selfownership18,431 views
- 9:49 Glenn Greenwald on Meet The Pressby evelkidnievel1,749 views
- 9:24 Larry King: Greenwald Not a 'Journalist' | Think Tankby breakingtheset18,336 views
- 17:03 Glenn Greenwald Destroys MSNBC's Attempted Propagandaby XRepublicTV42,856 views
- Loading more suggestions...