Line Of Fire - The Six Day War
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 14, 2010
Tweet this video ! - http://clicktotweet.com/eJ7w3
I will delete all the anti-jewish comments.
keep posting your opinion even if you are against Israël but please keep it peaceful for both sides.
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gamepla...
The six day war -
history: After the 1956 Suez Crisis, Egypt agreed to the stationing of a United Nations Emergency Force (UNEF) in the Sinai to ensure all parties would comply with the 1949 Armistice Agreements. In the following years there were numerous minor border clashes between Israel and its Arab neighbors, particularly Syria. In early November, 1966, Syria signed a mutual defense agreement with Egypt. Soon thereafter, in response to Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) guerilla activity, including a mine attack that left three dead, the Israeli Defense Force (IDF) attacked the city of as-Samu in the Jordanian-occupied West Bank. Jordanian units that engaged the Israelis were quickly beaten back. King Hussein of Jordan criticized Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser for failing to come to Jordan's aid, and "hiding behind UNEF skirts".
In May 1967, Nasser received false reports from the Soviet Union that Israel was massing on the Syrian border. Nasser began massing his troops in the Sinai Peninsula on Israel's border (May 16), expelled the UNEF force from Gaza and Sinai (May 19), and took up UNEF positions at Sharm el-Sheikh, overlooking the Straits of Tiran. UN Secretary-General U Thant proposed that the UNEF force be redeployed on the Israeli side of the border, but this was rejected by Israel despite U.S. pressure. Israel reiterated declarations made in 1957 that any closure of the Straits would be considered an act of war, or a justification for war. Nasser declared the Straits closed to Israeli shipping on May. 22--23. On 27 May he stated "Our basic objective will be the destruction of Israel. The Arab people want to fight."  On May 30, Jordan and Egypt signed a defense pact. The following day, at Jordan's invitation, the Iraqi army began deploying troops and armored units in Jordan. They were later reinforced by an Egyptian contingent. On June 1, Israel formed a National Unity Government by widening its cabinet, and on June 4 the decision was made to go to war. The next morning, Israel launched Operation Focus, a large-scale surprise air strike that was the opening of the Six-Day War.
is a parliamentary republic in the Middle East, along the eastern shore of the Mediterranean Sea. It borders Lebanon in the north, Syria in the northeast, Jordan and the West Bank in the east, Egypt and the Gaza Strip on the southwest, and the Gulf of Aqaba in the Red Sea to the south, and it contains geographically diverse features within its relatively small area. Israel is defined as a Jewish and Democratic State in its Basic Laws and is the world's only Jewish-majority state.
Following the adoption of a resolution by the United Nations General Assembly on 29 November 1947, recommending the adoption and implementation of the United Nations partition plan of Mandatory Palestine, on 14 May 1948 David Ben-Gurion, the Executive Head of the World Zionist Organization and president of the Jewish Agency for Palestine, declared "the establishment of a Jewish state in Eretz Israel, to be known as the State of Israel", a state independent upon the termination of the British Mandate for Palestine, 15 May 1948. Neighboring Arab states invaded the next day in support of the Palestinian Arabs.
Standard YouTube License
- 44:45 Israeli Airstrike on Iraqi Nuclear Reactor 1981by Abhishek PFeatured 67,951
- 44:43 Human Torpedoes.by Rick H 16,917 views
- 14:00 Iran-Iraq War 1980 to 1988 - Part 1 of 3by lumaix's channel 367,916 views
- 1:40:07 Israel vs Palestine - a must see !!! documentary .by 711Rene 150,184 views
- 44:14 Israel's Secret Weapon(full)by anyathor007 87,075 views
- 2:05:42 Missing Links (Israeli involvement in 9/11)by La mafia Rothschild 25,057 views
- 5:03 outstanding Explanation: Why Israel can't withdraw to its pre '67 borders line - Please Shareby שחר שמר 801,943 views
- 3 videos Play all Six Day War 1967by lumaix
- 5:11:28 The Soul Travelersby Sler916's channel 503,173 views
- 1:03:41 Tupac Exposed: Breaking the Illuminati Oathby dmthead2012's channel 5,234,461 views
- 44:36 Tales of the Gun - Guns of Israel, FULL EPISODEby David's wildlife, nature and exotic animals channel 607,810 views
- 1:41:58 Against All Odds:In The Search Of Miraclesby ApolloEight Genesis 48,340 views
- 8:26 Why Palestinians Want This Video Removedby Redemption1948 6,003,811 views
- 1:27:07 Submarine Attack 1954by EsuleIstriano1's channel 190,618 views
- 14:08 Israel And Operation Thunderbolt - Special Forces Militaryby Walid Shoebat 13,846 views
- 14:00 Yom Kippur 1973 - Part 2 of 3by lumaix's channel 21,613 views
- 44:38 1967 The Six Day War - Tank Battle of the Sinaiby wicked400 37,180 views
- 7:47 Dokile New Comedy Hakimoune Yamakeru This Month 2012 Part Iby tigial3535 43,772 views
- 9:25 The Final War (against Israel) ᴴᴰby sam232690 41,488 views
- 9:03 Raid on Entebbeby greg vandyk 125,753 views
- 44:37 1973 Yom Kippur War - Greatest Tank Battles - The October War_ Battle for the Sinaiby wicked400 33,410 views
- Loading more suggestions...