FREE WreckCheck Accident Checklist Mobile App
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 2, 2012
Automobile accidents happen every minute of the day. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, more than 5 million wrecks occur every year.
If you're behind the wheel, it's important to know what to do if you are in an accident, what information to share, with whom, and what details are important when filing an insurance claim.
The WreckCheck auto accident checklist and mobile application from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners [http://www.naic.org] answers these questions by guiding you through the steps to take following an accident.
Simple to use, the app uses your mobile device's GPS locater, audio recorder and camera to document the accident. It then helps you create and send an accident report. Finally, the app includes valuable tips on how to file and follow up on a claim.
Using WRECKCHECK is simple: Install the app and input your vehicle and insurance information. Then, in the unfortunate event that you are in an accident -- call 9-1-1 for emergency assistance, if necessary. When launched, the WreckCheck app includes a 911 button, along with a checklist to guide you through the documentation process.
Start by letting the location finder identify the time and place of the accident. Then take photos and record audio accounts of what happened. Use the text feature to provide a description or take notes about the details of your accident.
Finally, add information about other vehicles, drivers, witnesses and authorities.
When finished, you'll have a complete report you can send via email to yourself and your insurance agent.
Remember, if you are in an accident, do everything you can to avoid further injury or damage. If possible move your vehicle to a safe location. When exiting your vehicle, be weary of traffic, damage or conditions that may continue to pose a risk. Do not put yourself at risk in an effort to complete the checklist.
In addition to using the mobile app, keep hard copies of your insurance information and a checklist in your car in case your phone fails to operate. For more consumer insurance information visit http://www.insureuonline.org.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:37 Presentation Tip: 3 Steps To Easily Introduce Yourselfby CarlKwan1Featured 69,812
- 10:27 Life Insurance Agent Presentationby Arnold Thompson 2,464 views
- 4:25 2012 Amy Grant's Advice for Care of Aging Parentsby NAICCommunications 2,169 views
- 1:11 2012 PSA Amy Grant: Life's a Journey . . .by NAICCommunications 5,534 views
- 7:22 Tape-a-Talk Pro Voice Recorderby tapeatalkpromo 5,191 views
- 4:30 AcsNote - Android Free App - Notepad Notes Calendar Alarmby CaediTech 7,774 views
- 3:23 It's the Situation, Not the Personby FastCompany 4,099 views
- 2:06 MyHOME Scr.APP.book FREE Home Inventory iPhone Appby NAICCommunications 4,446 views
- 1:07 Introducing the 'Car Butler' app for the iPhone, Android, and iPadby FancyAutoApps 888 views
- 1:55 Buying a Car: Plan Before You Buyby mvsabc 5,889 views
- 1:40 iOnRoad AR collision warningby Alon Atsmon 221,389 views
- 5:06 iWrecked Auto Accident Assistant iPhone App Demo from Vurgood Applicationsby vurgoodapps 1,423 views
- 3:45 Shoaib Akhtar best Wickets & Bouncersby FALCONZpk 143,035 views
- 0:48 Ford SYNC: Vehicle Health Reportby fordvideo1 46,418 views
- 2:55 Good Start-Up Tips For Auto Business - Make Money With Used Cars!by GiftandGrowRich 7,646 views
- 1:12 Auto Accident App + iPhone + Android + Application + Assistant v.1by AutoAccidentApp 24,532 views
- 2:13 Health Insurance Agency San Diego CA - SPF Insurance Introduction - Tim Thompsonby spfinsurance 2,273 views
- 1:07 Mobile Optimized Websites Kentby kentseocompany 21,715 views
- 2:34 Does A Free Car History Report Exist? Used Car Expert Reveals The Truth...by VinNumberLookupInfo 14,834 views
- 2:28 Ottawa Accident Lawyer Discusses Ontario Car Accident Benefits Changes with CBC Newsby AugerHollingsworth 894 views
- Loading more suggestions...