Star Trek Vs. Battlestar Galactica
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 4, 2006
What if the Galactica found Earth in the 23rd Century and unfortunately they must trespass through Klingon space!!!!!!
And of course the galactic geek question: "Who would win if the Enterprise fought the Galactica?"
In the last year or so there's been some interesting and bizarre debates about the "who would win?"
So here's Bobby Diablo's Galactic Geek ground rules for this scenario taking place in DC Crisis Earth Universe 66.5:
Section A: Battlestar Galactica
1) Quit referencing the new version of Galactica. No bullets on these old school ships: Lasers & Missiles were established in the original show. The timeline of when the show occurs was sort of established by Galactica 1980, a 2nd version of the show Universal Studios is trying to forget about and so are we.
1a) Quit referencing the TNG. Yes, I borrowed clips from TNG for the Klingons, but this set in the 23rd Century with quit referencing TNG as this iss a 23rd Century battle between the Forces and NOT a 24th Century battle as there is 78 years between old school Trek and not TNG. So, the easy answer is the 23rd Century Enterprise A shields suck and can't stop Colonial lasers. ( the Vulcans solved that problem by the 24th Century) 2nd answer: the lasers "just happen to operate" on the same shield frequency as the Enterprise-A or 3) the rules of "exotic" technologies. root beer?
2) Very few Galactica ships can go past Light Speed. (See: The Long Patrol episode: recon viper) The Galactica was established at a max of Light speed.
3) Size wise, according to the show and show's bible then: the warship is about 3 miles long. Thats a lot of 800 year old Colonial tin and rusted pipes. Must be pretty damn durable. Union labour built?
4) Power source: was established as Tylenium fuel, and shes a plasma gas guzzler.
Section B) Star Trek (mostly old school)
5) In the episodes the Enterprise sometimes battled at sublight. The Klingons reasoning I guess, is they like to see the "terror of thier enemies eyes" thru the windows.
6) Shields. In DS9 the Jem H'dar pounded the hell out of the Federation as thier weapons cut thru shields faster than an Alien spilling blood on the decks of the Nostramo! Same principle applies here with the Galactica lasers, except the Klingon shields use a different alien tech, so the Galactica weapons aren't as effective. (Run with it, you'll enjoy the show better. Also if your of age: get a beer.)
7) The Viper pilots shoot the Enterprise because a) they're in a war and a big white ship shows up, whom they don't know and kinda looks like a Klingon ship, maybe it's re-enforcements? " The design of the ship is the same." - James T Kirk- Stardate 4523.3
b) They're also trigger happy space cowboys once blood has been spilt. Note: They also cheat at Pyramid.
8)Photon Torpedoes. Yup, they kick ass and apparently can be set to change thier destructive yields. Also the Feds use hard cased torps and the Klingons use HUGE energy photon cannon ports on their bows! Go figure. In an early version we had the Battlestar Pegasus blown up after 3 Klingon torps, but hey it's a big ship with a lot of Colonial metal so we re-edited and she dies with 12-15 hits.
9) Relax, have a fumarillo and chill as in the 90 minute version everyone has a Shakepearian ending. "Let slip the dogs of war." - Some Bald Klingon General Dude named PF Chang.
So as Stan Lee says: Excelsior! True Believer!
This video is probably about the 15th edited version of this question. A friend of mine and I edited the original called "The All Out Attack" back in high school/1983 using his betamax and my VHS deck. We'd have all night editing marathons on the week-ends. In 2002 I re-edited a 90 minute version called "Conquest of the Galaxy" using better VHS tapes for fun, and to see if it was possible using some many different elements, and "craft/edit" a co-hesive storyline, from programs that were never meant to be together. "A 90 minute version, are you insane?" LOL. Yes I am. But surprisingly, it works. This 9 minute version plays like a explosion trailer. But its fun, if you like to watch Birds or Prey fight Vipers! It is what is, but I hope you'll enjoy the diversionary sci-fi romp. Some have requested I post the 90 minute version, I'm not going to, as you really need to be a die-hard fan and it wouldn't be as fun all chopped up in 10 minute pieces.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:44 Star Trek - Angry Video Game Nerdby Cinemassacre Featured 2,617,990
- 23:15 Star Trek vs BSG HDby EnterprisezJ349,592 views
- 45:24 Star Trek - Federation/DS9 VS Dominion Full Battleby TrekkerMark308,772 views
- 5:14 Star Trek vs Star Wars: A Combat Tech Comparisonby RedShirtGuy9639,619 views
- 46:46 Battlestar Galactica 1x24 The Hand Of God xvidby moonbubba1999112,663 views
- 42:54 Battlestar Galactica: The Promised Land (FINAL VERSION)by battlestar1999415,969 views
- 10:07 Battlestar Galactica EPIC Battle Montageby RubberDuck3h220,638 views
- 41 videos Play all STAR TREK & THE KLINGON EMPIREby naughtygeovanni
- 47:15 Battlestar Galactica: Judgement Dayby battlestar1999150,546 views
- 9:05 Eddie Izzard Star Trekby WolfKei1,474,754 views
- 50:32 TOS Mirror Mirror 2x10by Eowyn Shieldmaiden190,985 views
- 45:49 Star Trek Voyager s02e01 The 37 sby Martin Celko59,828 views
- 9:54 Star Trek: The Sexed Generationby acornfilms1,783,257 views
- 9:49 Battlestar Pegasusby Waschlaff Duschmann158,019 views
- 3:50 Battlestar Galactica: The Last Jump to Earthby Killith94234,579 views
- 3:31 Tribute to the Original Cylon Centurionsby RUGGEDG33K65,911 views
- 15:36 Battlestar Galactica - The Last Moments and Farewell (FULL HD)by TheB00ND0CKSaints36,579 views
- 51:18 Star Trek Continues E01 "Pilgrim of Eternity"by StarTrekContinues446,124 views
- 4:07 The Battlestar Galactica That Never Happened...by Jace Hall119,232 views
- 9:53 Battlestar Galactica Last 10 Minutesby onixbg221,426 views