Uploaded on Jan 17, 2011
The MakerBot 3D printer is the first 3D printer of its size that will allow you to create anything that you can think of!
The MakerBot 3D printer is an open source 3D printer that is affordable compared to others on the market at $1,200 and can print almost anything up to 100x100x100mm. Theoretically the size of a cupcake.
The maker bot prints with ABS, HDPE or PLA plastic. You can share you print ideas or get new printer ideas from thingiverse.com and the MakerBot can be purchased directly from MakerBot.com.
* Makerbot Plastruder MK5
* MakerBot Automated Build Platform v.2.0
* The lasercut parts to assemble a Thing-O-Matic CNC machine.
* 3 x NEMA 17 motors
* The hardware to assemble it.
* Belts and pulleys
* Smooth Rods and Drive system components
* Pre-assembled 4th Generation Electronics
* a USB cable to talk to it
* cat5e and rainbow cables to wire things up
* a standard ATX power supply
* a tools kit with all the hex keys, wrenches, and other bits you need to construct it.
* SD card to buffer your prints
* 1lb of MakerBot ABS Plastic to print with
Full instructions and documentation will be released on the day we start shipping this kit in mid-November.
Some tech specs on the Thing-O-Matic:
* Interface: Print through USB or print from SD card
* Size: 300 x 300 x 410 mm (12″ W x 12″ D x 16″ H)
* Build Area: 96 x 108 mm
* Build Height: 115 mm
* Generation 4 Electronics
* Supports up to 5 stepper drivers (XYZ + A/B)
* Connect over USB (no more FTDI cable)
* Optional LCD interface support (Not included)
* Full mechanical endstop support
* High current mosfets to drive heated build platform and extruder heater
* Thermocouple support for more accurate temperature sensing
* 500W Hercules ATX power supply
* Works with both 110v and 220v power
* Theoretical XY Positioning resolution of 0.02mm (20 microns or 0.0008″)
* Theoretical XY Maximum Feedrate of up to 5000mm/minute (roughly 200 IPM)
* Theoretical Z Positioning resolution of 0.005mm (5 microns / or 0.0002″)
* Theoretical Z Positioning Feedrate of up to 1000mm/minutes (roughly 40 IPM)
* Capable of printing with ABS and PLA
Standard YouTube License