Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 13, 2012
There is a 23 minute extended cut, available for digital download here http://www.dakotalapse.com/?p=877
Featuring an original score "Temporal Distortion" by Bear McCreary (Battlestar Galactica, The Walking Dead, Eureka, etc) http://www.bearmccreary.com Thanks to Bear for taking the time to do this!
Watch in HD
http://www.dakotalapse.com/?p=864 for more info and digital download.
There is a 23 minute extended cut, available for digital download here http://www.dakotalapse.com/?p=877 The feature is 23+ minutes of Milky Way, Aurora and other night timelapse, it has 2 original scores by Simon Wilkinson http://www.thebluemask.com , as well as some from his royalty free collection.
What you see is real, but you can't see it this way with the naked eye. It is the result of 20-30 second exposures, edited together over many hours to produce the timelapse. This allows you to see the Milky Way, Aurora and other Phenonmena, in a way you wouldn't normally see them.
In the opening "Dakotalapse" title shot, you see bands of red and green moving across the sky. After asking several Astronomers, they are possible noctilucent clouds, airglow or faint Aurora. I never got a definite answer to what it is. You can also see the red and green bands in other shots.
At :53 and 2:17 seconds into the video you see a Meteor with a Persistent Train. Which is ionizing gases, which lasted over a half hour in the cameras frame. Phil Plait wrote an article about the phenomena here blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/
There is a second Meteor with a much shorter persistent train at 2:51 in the video. This one wasn't backlit by the moon like the first, and moves out of the frame quickly.
The Aurora were shot in central South Dakota in September 2011 and near Madison, Wisconsin on October 25, 2011.
Watch for two Deer at 1:27
Most of the video was shot near the White River in central South Dakota during September and October 2011, there are other shots from Arches National Park in Utah, and Canyon of the Ancients area of Colorado during June 2011.
Thanks to Dynamic Perception for their support and for making the Stage Zero Dolly. http://www.dynamicperception.com/#oid... The best dolly made in many ways!
Canon 5D Mark II and Canon 60D
Canon 16-35, Tokina 11-16
Shot in RAW format. Manual mode, Exposure was 30 seconds on most Milky Way shots, 15-30 seconds on Aurora. ISO 1600 - 6400 F2.8.
Production Assistants - River Halverson and Kelly McIlhone
Opening title by Gus Winkelman // Winkelmedia LLC // Contact Guswinkelman@gmail for creative solutions
Contact for licensing footage, or anything else.
http://www.Google + plus.google.com/115274420552571826637/po
Standard YouTube License
- 4:20 The Majestic Beauty of the Cosmos (Hubble) HD Relaxing space music NASAby Relaxicity's channelFeatured 334,635
- 2:43 Realism Challenge #2: Mushroomby markcrilley 1,242,616 views
- 5:48 What is the Universe Expanding Into?by tdarnell 594,254 views
- 13:29 ► Planet Earth: Amazing nature scenery (1080p HD)by Robert Revol 6,496,231 views
- 10:27 Time-lapse Photography Tutorial Part 1 - Interval and Exposure Basicsby LearnTimeLapse 254,366 views
- 3:51 Icelandic Nature, Fallegi Skagafjörður, vetur, HDby Árni Rúnar Hrólfsson 19,681 views
- 9:49 CANON 60D Training Videoby Jay Yao 1,240,078 views
- 2:50 Earth Zoom To The Milky Way Galaxyby FluffMachine 319,214 views
- 14 videos Play all Night Skiesby bikerbonnie
- 6:03 Bear McCreary - Something Dark Is Coming - Solo Pianoby bearmccreary 57,672 views
- 2:45 Birth to 12 years in 2 min. 45 sec. Time Lapse Lotte. (The Original)by Hofmeester 3,433,139 views
- 5:40 Space School- Milky Wayby ScienceChannel 218,087 views
- 2:49 Kid Cudi - Falling Star (R3K Remix) - Milky Way Timelapseby olyfootball88 18,979 views
- 1:25 Star Trail Time Lapseby Nachtwolke 325,552 views
- 0:22 Behind the scenes of Temporal Distortionby dakotalapse 29,366 views
- 1:31:24 The definitive guide to the milky way galaxyby Jung Lee 821,190 views
- 14:03 Geoengineer confronted - admits he discussed poisoning in the sky.by Patrick Roddie 3,971 views
- 4:39 TIME, GOOGLE AND NASA: Timelapse of the Earth over the last 30 Yearsby TimeMagazine 203,117 views
- 7:20 Hubble Space Telescope Images 2011 NASA & The Last Secret - Jonn Serrieby 1HarryH 118,886 views
- 4:02 He Shoots, He Scores: Bear McCreary (TV-PG version)by William Levin 14,872 views
- 3:30 Jeb Corliss " Grinding The Crack"by Jeb Corliss 23,187,213 views
- Loading more suggestions...