The Body Weight Blast Workout
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 24, 2012
I hope you're all enjoying the Angry Trainer workout videos because I'm busting my butt every time we film them! In fact I remember when we shot this one that I was surprised at how hard it was!
This new program is called The Bodyweight Blast Workout and I programmed it specifically for trainees who don't have any equipment to hand, but still want a great workout with some exercise variety.
This routine uses all bodyweight exercises, so it's also great to use while away on vacation, a business trip, visiting family or just as a nice change of pace. But don't assume that just because it doesn't use weights or expensive equipment that it's not hard -- it is!
Here's the plan:
All exercises x 20 reps, no rest between sets.
1. Jump Squats
2. V -- Ups
3. One Legged Deadlifts -10 on each leg
4. Pushup with 90-degree twist/rotation
5. Alternating Reverse Lunges
6. T- Squares - 10 each way
7. High Knee Tuck Jumps
8. Varying Hand Pushups
9. Lateral Lunges -10 each leg
10. Triceps Plank Ups
Rest 30 -- 60 seconds and repeat 1, 2 or even 3 more times!
As you can see, it's quite an intense workout. Any time your workout starts with jump squats, you know you're in for it. But The Bodyweight Blast is more than just challenging - it's efficient and productive. You'll get cardiovascular conditioning, some core and stability work, agility and legs, arms, chest and shoulder work -- all neatly packaged in 10 moves.
You know I'm a believer in exercise efficiency, so I like using movements that get a lot done in a given time. Each time you run through this circuit, it should take you 5--7 minutes depending on your speed, so if you perform 3 circuits, you'll have had a terrific 15--20 minute workout, burned some calories and increased your fitness.
Remember -- you get out what you put in. If performed with the right intensity this workout, like all of my Video Workouts, should leave you breathless and fatigued. Let me know how you like it!
All information contained within this site, Angry Trainer Fitness.com, is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health problem -- nor is it intended to replace the advice of a physician. No action should be taken solely on the contents of this website. Always consult your physician or qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health or on any opinions expressed within this website. Please see your physician before changing your diet, starting an exercise program, or taking any supplements of any kind.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:58 Bodyweight MMA training Leg Workout- How to do a plyostep lungeby functionalpatterns Featured 16,003
- 7:34 The Ass Kicker Workoutby AngryTrainerFitness8,061 views
- 6:56 The Abs O'Mighty Workoutby AngryTrainerFitness5,856 views
- 9:11 The Swing, Push, Pull Workoutby AngryTrainerFitness2,568 views
- 6:29 The Heart Pounder Workoutby AngryTrainerFitness2,669 views
- 8:45 Top 10: Mat / Floor Exercisesby AngryTrainerFitness45,809 views
- 8:32 The 2 Dumbbells 10 Minute Workout!by AngryTrainerFitness4,958 views
- 13:54 INSANE Bodyweight Workout - 11/11/11 Bodyweight Workout CHALLENGE!by ATHLEAN-X™117,260 views
- 7:12 The Floor it Workoutby AngryTrainerFitness1,254 views
- 26:40 Ali vs Foreman - The Rumble In The Jungle (full)by Ricky Boy768,720 views
- 11:58 The Back To Basics Workout!by AngryTrainerFitness3,621 views
- 7:36 Top 10: Ways To Perform A Burpee!by AngryTrainerFitness7,888 views
- 5:42 The Flamingo Workoutby AngryTrainerFitness5,674 views
- 10:30 How to Get Big Shoulders With Bodyweight Exercises! Only 3 Exercises!by Fortress1,166,275 views
- 2:21 Top 5 Body Weight Training Exercises to do Outside These Are Total Body Exercisesby Bodyweightculture54,654 views
- 9:52 Home Warrior Workout: Leg Blast - Day 1 of 7by BestinBodyBuilding6,926 views
- 3:22 Female Fitness Motivation - Go Get It!by ShaQxBB392,884 views
- 10:28 Rudy Reyes Workout - Body Weight Trainingby pureplaytv432,751 views
- 6:40 Why I Believe Bodyweight Training is BESTby strengthcamp218,790 views
- 6:23 The On The Floor Workoutby AngryTrainerFitness12,835 views
- Loading more suggestions...