This video is unavailable.
GM And Chrysler CEO's Both Call Romney A Liar
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 31, 2012
As Mitt Romney released more misleading claims about President Obama and the auto bailout on Tuesday, officials at GM and Chrysler weighed in and said the statements put forward by Romney about job losses and the offshoring of jobs were false — an unusual move for corporations, which tend to avoid entering the fray of partisan politics.
Romney released a new radio ad in Ohio that continued to imply that Chrysler, the parent company of Jeep, had outsourced production to China, and in a new accusation, claimed that GM was moving 15,000 American jobs to China. Earlier, Romney released a television ad that implied Jeep production was being moved to China.
A GM spokesman defended the company and lashed out at Romney.
"We've clearly entered some parallel universe during these last few days," spokesman Greg Martin told the Detroit Free Press. "No amount of campaign politics at its cynical worst will diminish our record of creating jobs in the U.S. and repatriating profits back to this country."
GM did cut 15,000 jobs, but that occurred before the 2009 government bailout, and the company has added jobs since.
The head of Chrysler, meanwhile, fought back against the implication that the bailout and restructuring overseen by Obama led the company to outsource production to China. The company said it was indeed ramping up Jeep production in China, but for the Chinese market, and has not moved American production out the nation.
"I feel obliged to unambiguously restate our position: Jeep production will not be moved from the United States to China," Chrysler Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne emailed employees, noting that American productions of Jeeps had tripled since 2009, and that the company was expanding operations in the United States. "Jeep is one of our truly global brands with uniquely American roots. This will never change. So much so that we committed that the iconic Wrangler nameplate, currently produced in our Toledo, Ohio, plant, will never see full production outside the United States."
A request for comment from the Romney campaign was not answered Tuesday evening.
The GOP nominee has previously faced challenges presented by his opposition to the auto bailouts, which many in Ohio credit with saving the industry.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:35 GM is not only Obama Motors but is China Motors tooby Albee4ty5Featured 1,131
- 26:20 Romney's closing argumentby WashingtonFreeBeacon 37,810 views
- 7:46 Chrysler's Record Profits and mitt romney's Record Failureby mccainisthroughX 1,252 views
- 5:32 Rachel Maddow Calls Romney's Jeep Ad A Lieby Tomthunkit 14,916 views
- 2:17 Is Mitt Romney a Liar? Please Share.by pangeajoker 19,896 views
- 3:48 Proof That Romney Will Take OHIO!!by Col. Richard Hunter 30,559 views
- 11:43 Lawrence O'Donnell DESTROYS ANN ROMNEY & MITT ROMNEY. Vote Obama 2012by theReasonists 85,927 views
- 10:28 Right Wing Crazies Lost Romney the Election?by LiberalViewer 169,307 views
- 2:11 Romney vs Marchionne - Come distruggere la credibilità della tua campagna in 5 facili passiby storiediauto 2,515 views
- 1:11 Mitt Romney: Angry Under Pressureby dankavanaugh 190,101 views
- 1:01 Romney Radio Ad on Jeeps and China in Toledo, OHby John Smith 22,914 views
- 1:37 Chris Christie Dumps Romney For President Obama On Foxby Tomthunkit 30,958 views
- 7:20 The Early Show - Gingrich: Romney is a liarby CBSNewsOnline 7,677 views
- 24:30 1963 Chrysler Turbine: Ultimate Edition - Jay Leno's Garageby JayLenosGarage 177,624 views
- 5:03 Romney on Support For Financial Bail Out- But Not GMby John Smith 1,390 views
- 3:45 Mitt Romney Fights With Reporter After Being Exposed As A Liarby UrbanWarfareChannel 979,989 views
- 0:43 Romney Confirms Jeep moving ALL production to China!by Keu Reyes 568 views
- 6:59 Democrat False Attacks on Mitt Romney's Jeep Ad and Op Ed on GM Bailout - Bankruptcyby MrChakaMalaka 726 views
- 1:00 President Bill Clinton on Romney's Jeep Ad: "Biggest Load of Bull in the World"by DNCClips 27,618 views
- 6:56 THE BIGGEST DAMN LIE: Mitt Romney's Misleading GM, Chrysler Adby Roland Martin 456 views
- Loading more suggestions...