Published on Apr 29, 2013
Wielding powerful ice magic, this mobile, mana-efficient mage excels at harassing groups of enemies with area of effect and crowd control abilities.
* Iceborn (Passive): After a brief cooldown, Lissandra's next ability costs no mana. Hitting an enemy with movement impairing abilities reduces Iceborn's cooldown.
* Ice Shard: Lissandra throws a spear of ice that shatters on contact with the first enemy struck, dealing damage and slowing their movement speed for a short duration. Enemies behind the struck target also take damage.
* Ring of Frost: Lissandra freezes the area around her, dealing damage to nearby enemies and rooting them for a short duration.
* Glacial Path: Lissandra casts a slow-moving, long-range ice claw in a line, dealing damage to all enemies in its path. Re-activating Glacial Path teleports Lissandra to the claw's current location.
* Frozen Tomb (Ultimate):
- On enemy cast: Lissandra freezes an enemy champion, damaging and stunning them briefly. Dark Ice emanates from the target, dealing damage and slowing nearby enemies.
- On self-cast: Lissandra encases herself in ice, rooting herself in place briefly and becoming untargetable and invulnerable. Dark Ice emanates from Lissandra, dealing damage and slowing nearby enemies.
Tips: Playing as Lissandra
* You can instantly use your ultimate on yourself by pressing the selfcast and ultimate buttons at the same time (ALT+R by default)
* Trick enemies by casting Glacial Path in a different direction from your escape route --they'll be uncertain which way you'll actually go
* Lissandra's abilities are shorter range than other mages. As a result, buying items that offer both damage and defense, such as Zhonya's Hourglass and Abyssal Scepter, can be a great choice to help her deal more damage and survive longer in fights
Tips: Fighting against Lissandra
* The best way to stop Lissandra from moving using her Glacial Path is to immobilize her before she reactivates the ability
* Lissandra's Ring of Frost has a long cooldown at early ranks; engage her right after she uses it and Lissandra will have one less ability to lock you down
* Lissandra's Ice Shard only slows the first unit it hits. Approach her from behind your team's minions to avoid being slowed
Lissandra's magic twists the pure power of ice into something dark and terrible. With the force of her black ice, she does more than freeze -- she impales and crushes those who oppose her. To the terrified denizens of the north, she is known only as "The Ice Witch." The truth is much more sinister: Lissandra is a corruptor of nature who plots to unleash an ice age on the world.
Centuries ago, Lissandra betrayed her tribe to evil creatures, known as the Frozen Watchers, in return for power. That was the last day that warm blood ran through her veins. With her corrupted tribesmen and the strength of the Watchers, she swept across the land like a terrible blizzard. As her empire spread, the world grew colder and ice choked the land. When the Watchers were defeated by ancient heroes, Lissandra did not lose faith and swore to prepare the world for their return.
Lissandra worked to purge all knowledge of the Watchers from the world. Using magic to take human form, she masqueraded as numerous seers and elders. Over the course of generations, she rewrote the stories of the Freljord, and so the history of its people changed. Today the fragmented retellings of the Watchers are seen as children's tales. But this deception wasn't enough -- Lissandra also needed an army.
She set her sights on the noble Frostguard tribe. Lissandra knew corrupting the Frostguard would take centuries, and so she launched her greatest deception. She murdered and stole the identity of the Frostguard leader. Then she slowly began to warp the tribe's proud traditions. When her human form grew old, she faked her own death and then murdered her successor to steal her identity. With each generation, the Frostguard grew more insular, cruel and twisted. Today, the world still sees them as a noble and peaceful tribe that guards against evil creatures like the Ice Witch. In truth, they now serve the witch and long for the glorious return of the Watchers.
Lissandra knows that on that day nations will fall and the world will be reborn in ice.
"Close your eyes and let the cold take you." - Lissandra
About League of Legends
League of Legends® is a fast-paced, competitive online game that blends the speed and intensity of an RTS with RPG elements. Two teams of powerful champions, each with a unique design and play style, battle head-to-head across multiple battlefields and game modes. With an ever-expanding roster of champions, frequent updates and a thriving tournament scene, League of Legends offers endless replayability for players of every skill level.
Standard YouTube License