Venice HD walktour
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 29, 2012
Venice is one of the most important tourist destinations in the world, due to the city's being one of the world's greatest and most beautiful cities of art. The city has an average of 50,000 tourists a day (2007 estimate). In 2006, it was the world's 28th most internationally visited city, with 2.927 million international arrivals that year.
Tourism has been a major sector of Venetian industry since the 18th century, when it was a major center for the Grand Tour, due to its beautiful cityscape, uniqueness, and rich musical and artistic cultural heritage. In the 19th century, it became a fashionable centre for the rich and famous, often staying or dining at luxury establishments such as the Danieli Hotel and the Caffè Florian. It continued being a fashionable city in vogue right into the early 20th century. In the 1980s, the Carnival of Venice was revived and the city has become a major centre of international conferences and festivals, such as the prestigious Venice Biennale and the Venice Film Festival, which attract visitors from all over the world for their theatrical, cultural, cinematic, artistic, and musical productions.
Today, there are numerous attractions in Venice, such as St Mark's Basilica, the Grand Canal, and the Piazza San Marco, to name a few. The Lido di Venezia is also a popular international luxury destination, attracting thousands of actors, critics, celebrities, and mainly people in the cinematic industry. The city also relies heavily on the cruise business.
However, Venice's popularity as a major worldwide tourist destination has caused several problems, including the fact that the city can be very overcrowded at some points of the year. It is regarded by some as a tourist trap, and by others as a 'living museum'. The cruise ships that use the Giudecca Canal send a large wake toward the city, that slowly causes the city to sink. Unlike most other places in Western Europe, and the world, Venice has become widely known for its element of elegant decay. The competition for foreigners to buy homes in Venice has made prices rise so highly that numerous inhabitants are forced to move to more affordable areas of Veneto and Italy, the most notable being Mestre.
Standard YouTube License
- Created using YouTube Video Editor
- View attributions
- 2:02:53 'DEATH IN VENICE: IS TOURISM KILLING OR SAVING THE CITY?'by Dominic Standish 569 views
- 5:33 VENICE IN HDby ladamasognatrice 48,862 views
- 6:29 Veneza / Venice ( HD 1080i)by Antero Campeão 8,816 views
- 5:00 Visit Venice: Five Things You Will Love & Hate about Visiting Venice, Italyby woltersworld 20,377 views
- 10:00 Weekend in Veniceby Chris Pye 151,919 views
- 31 videos Play all TRAVELby aazitaa1
- 7:21 ✔Venice Italy ~ Walk or Treadmill Through Streets ~ Beautiful Shops, Cafe's, Buildings - 3D HDby utoobasaurus 19,334 views
- 4:33 Mystic Venice, Italy - Venezia, Italiaby matreyia 451,024 views
- 3:01 Venice HD view from the Voyager if the Seasby mrbachion1945 921 views
- 2:27 Venice The City of Canals, Italyby LimeWaveVideo 7,614 views
- 5:00 Top Ten Things to Do in Venice, Italy; by Donna Salerno Travelby DonnaSalernoTravel 64,129 views
- 2:06 Venice in 3Dby YourWorldIn3D 200,312 views
- 11:39 HD Venice Vacation 2011 Italty Grand Canal St. Marks Square Venezia Italiaby 020808 504 views
- 8:34 Veniceby fivetravel 150,521 views
- 7:02 An April Journey Through Veniceby Tropics817KL 211 views
- 3:44 Grand Canal, Venice, Italy -- relaxing videoby maxstirner2 227,422 views
- 7:23 Italy HD 3D, including Venice, Pisa, Florence, Rome and Vatican Cityby Stephen Oberauer 59,701 views
- 1:18:32 Diretta Venipedia - Venezia prima di venezia: Romanità Lagunareby Venipedia Venezia
- 0:34 Inusual subida del nivel del agua afecta a Veneciaby teleSUR tv 1,523 views
- 6:48 Venice Italy - Romantic Venice Italy - venetieby Cineknol Videoreportages 91,868 views
- 6:57 Venice, Italy & St Marco's Square In HD On Our Honeymoonby Ezra Kamer 955 views
- Loading more suggestions...