Blood Orange Mimosa Jello Shots - How To
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 14, 2012
How to make delicious blood orange mimosa jello shots. With real fruit! Perfect for a brunch party or holiday celebration.
Here's the recipe...
Blood Orange Mimosa Jello Shots
These are inspired by Jaymee Sire, the brilliant blogger behind e is for eat. See her post. We used tangerines because they are easier to find than real blood oranges, and made the prettiest cups. But you could also use navel oranges or actual blood oranges with great results. The cups will just be slightly more difficult to clean out. Adjust food coloring amount accordingly.
ACTIVE TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 4 hours, 30 minutes
Makes 20 Jello Shots
5 tangerines (including the 1 cup of fresh tangerine juice you'll get from them)
1.5 packets unflavored Knox gelatin
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 cup champagne or sparkling wine
1/4 cup orange liqueur like Triple Sec or Grand Marnier
2-4 drops red food coloring
Slice tangerines crosswise. Using a reamer or electric juicer, juice the tangerines. Strain the juice until you have 1 cup. (If you don't have enough juice, just add some store-bought orange juice.) Carefully flip the rind inside out and peel the fruit away from the pith (can use a paring knife to make this less messy) to make a clean "cup." Set tangerine cups in cups of a muffin pan.
To make filling: Pour juice into small saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin and sugar. Allow gelatin to soak for about two minutes. Heat over medium, stirring occasionally, until the sugar and gelatin are both dissolved. Let mixture cool to warm. Add champagne and Triple Sec. Add red food coloring until you like the color. Transfer to a container with a spout.
Pour mixture into tangerine cups. Allow to set several hours or overnight.
Turn tangerine cups out onto a cutting board, Jell-O side down. Using a serrated knife, cut each tangerine in half lengthwise and serve.
RECIPE CREDIT: Recipe inspired by E is for Eat
Music by The Home Recordings:
Standard YouTube License
- 1:15 DIY Red Bull - Making Your Own Energy Drinkby BuzzFeedFoodFeatured 87,808
- 0:44 How To Open A Beer Bottle Without Touching Itby BuzzFeedFood 2,079,539 views
- 1:03 Caramel Apple Jello Shots - With Real Applesby BuzzFeedFood 190,228 views
- 0:53 Perfect Ice Cream Sandwich - How Toby BuzzFeedFood 178,275 views
- 1:18 Everything You Need To Know About Poutine (in 77 seconds)by BuzzFeedFood 311,665 views
- Mimosa 625 videos0
- 3:37 Jello (gelatine) watermelon slicesby yoyomax12 473,612 views
- 2:46 Strawberry Jello Shots! (Adult Dessert)by PrincessDiana161 91,512 views
- 4:56 Strawberry Margarita Jell-O Shots!by croutoncrackerjacks 18,989 views
- 5:29 How to Make Jello Watermelon - Let's Cook with ModernMomby ModernMom 60,180 views
- 6:10 Tie-Dye Easter Cupcakes Baked in Egg Shellsby yoyomax12 708,294 views
- 1:43 How to Make Double Rainbow Cake Jelly Shots! (video)by tablespoonrecipes 133,505 views
- 6:56 Watermelon Pops (Frozen Jell-O treat) with yoyomax12by yoyomax12 1,193,914 views
- 28:10 RECETA DE GELATINA Y PASTEL DOS EN UNO-RECETA DE PASTEL angycrisjaviby angycrisjavi 882,115 views
- 5:37 Caramel Apple Jello Shots - TipsyBartenderby TipsyBartender 43,535 views
- 7:39 Carving Fruitsby Yarovit Rozhkov 1,235,954 views
- 2:36 How To Break Down A Chickenby BuzzFeedFood 15,873 views
- 11:22 LEVITATE a Glass Bottle with Only a Straw! - Scam Schoolby scamschool 206,559 views
- 4:00 Jelly Oranges Recipeby Rachel Ward 1,812 views
- 10:40 How to Cover a Square Cake with Fondantby CupcakesandCardio 247,366 views
- 4:09 Shazam makes a Jello Shot Cake (Instructional)by Henry Hansch III 6,883 views
- Loading more suggestions...