Uploaded on Nov 10, 2011
We've done this little demo of so we can get some funding through kick starter. so we can get this to market !
Here's how we did it !
1. ECG pads provide raw skin conductivity / electrical activity as analogue data (0-5v).
2. This is plugged into the Arduino board via 4 analogue inputs (no activity = 0v, high activity = 5v).
3. The Arduino has a program burnt to it's EPROM chip that filters the signals.
4. Josh trained the program by thinking of the main Siri commands ("Call", "Set", "Diary" etc.) one at a time and the program where we captured the signature brain patterns they produce.
5. The program can detect the signature patterns that indicate a certain word is being thought of. The program will then wait for a natural 'release' in brain waves and assume the chain of commands is now complete and action is required.
6. The series of commands are fed to a SpeakJet speech synthesiser chip
7. The audio output of which simply plugs into the iPhone's microphone jack.
So simple, we still can't believe it really works
read about it on our blog
Standard YouTube License