Who's More Pro-Science, Republicans or Democrats? - Neil deGrasse Tyson
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 13, 2009
Complete video at: http://fora.tv/2009/02/04/Neil_deGras...
Neil deGrasse Tyson defends government support for U.S. science research under President George W. Bush, and says that, contrary to popular belief, "funding for science under Republican administrations has been historically higher than under Democrats."
Neil deGrasse Tyson, the bestselling author and director of the world-famous Hayden Planetarium, chronicles America's irrational love affair with Pluto, man's best celestial friend.
Neil deGrasse Tyson was born and raised in New York City where he was educated in the public schools clear through his graduation from the Bronx High School of Science. Tyson went on to earn his BA in Physics from Harvard and his PhD in Astrophysics from Columbia. Tyson's professional research interests are broad, but include star formation, exploding stars, dwarf galaxies, and the structure of our Milky Way. Tyson obtains his data from the Hubble Space Telescope, as well as from telescopes in California, New Mexico, Arizona, and in the Andes Mountains of Chile. In 2001, Tyson was appointed by President Bush to serve on a 12-member commission that studied the Future of the US Aerospace Industry. The final report was published in 2002 and contained recommendations (for Congress and for the major agencies of the government) that would promote a thriving future of transportation, space exploration, and national security. In 2004, Tyson was once again appointed by President Bush to serve on a 9-member commission on the Implementation of the United States Space Exploration Policy, dubbed the "Moon, Mars, and Beyond" commission. This group navigated a path by which the new space vision can become a successful part of the American agenda. And in 2006, the head of NASA appointed Tyson to serve on its prestigious Advisory Committee, which will help guide NASA through its perennial need to fit its ambitious vision into its restricted budget. In addition to dozens of professional publications, Dr. Tyson has written, and continues to write for the public.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:58 Neil deGrasse Tyson- Why Would-be Engineers End Up As English Majorsby aznfamous's channelFeatured 131,946
- 2:40 Neil deGrasse Tyson - World to End In 2012...or Notby FORA.tv 996,374 views
- 7:05 Neil DeGrasse Tyson - Death By Giant Meteorby ForaTv 451,104 views
- 6:46 Sam Harris - Misconceptions About Atheismby ForaTv 392,792 views
- 2:33 Darwin, Lincoln, and the New Atheists - Adam Gopnikby ForaTv 7,175 views
- 12:21 A Story About Race - Neil deGrasse Tysonby Andrew Robles 174,273 views
- 4:58 Intelligent Design is Stupid: Neil deGrasse Tysonby ricoatheist 660,972 views
- 0:58 Religious Girl Has a Serious Question for Atheist- Think About it!by Monterrey Mixtape Messiah 856,923 views
- 1:58 Neil deGrasse Tyson stops a religious troll (w/captions)by thiscantbeitagain 1,331,489 views
- 1:42 Neil Degrasse Tyson makes a good pointby stevensondwwk 245,987 views
- 5:46 Ann Coulter is Supremely Stupidby AntiSchiff's channel 303,742 views
- 6:19 10 Questions for Neil deGrasse Tysonby TimeMagazine 585,685 views
- 3:13 Neil DeGrasse Tyson Destroys Bill O'Reillyby Hydrohaxx 2,170,888 views
- 14:46 On Extraterrestrialsby Bojan Crevar 37,687 views
- 1:00:30 Full 2012 Atheism Debate HD, Richard Dawkins vs Cardinal George Pell. From Q and A.by Hayden Wicks 211,841 views
- 3:23 Why Atheists Laugh at Religionby godlessandveryhappy 850,604 views
- 1:49 Why Quantum Physics Ends the Free Will Debateby DocFosters 367,044 views
- 1:36 Christian Pulls Gay From Wheelchairby Bradyns Blog 439,084 views
- 6:59 Colbert makes bill O'Reilly mad on his own Show. 11807.flvby Ramble1212 3,864,355 views
- 6:07 Ben Stein vs. Richard Dawkins Interviewby grn8r 517,457 views
- Loading more suggestions...