Chevrolet CRUZE Safety Specs Video
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 19, 2011
This video highlights all of the great safety features of the 2011 Chevy Cruze. You can learn more by visiting www.blog.maguireauto.com
Chevrolet's new Cruze is a global compact sedan that has been refined for America with an emphasis on fuel economy.
The Cruze features two new small-displacement four-cylinder engines; a 140-hp 1.4L turbo, or a 138-hp naturally-aspirated 1.8L. A six-speed manual transmission is standard on the LS and soon to be released ECO trims; all others feature a six-speed automatic transmission. Available safety features include ten airbags, antilock brakes, stability control, traction control and anti-theft alarm with engine immobilizer. The Cruze can be equipped with features such as heated leather power seating, sunroof, remote start, satellite radio, navigation system and automatic climate control.
The Cruze is all-new for 2011.
The rollover test facility is among the newest safety facilities in the GM network. It was opened in 2006 and cost $10 million to construct and is the only such facility owned and operated by an automaker in North America. The engineers can conduct an array of different tests including a trip test to evaluate what happens when the vehicle slides sideways into a curb or other obstruction. A ramp is available to test what happens if the vehicle rides up over a guard-rail and other reconfigurable structures can evaluate the results of running off into a ditch.
Approximately 64 percent of the Cruze body is made from high strength steels. The structure also makes use of tailor rolled steel for stampings on the B-pillar. Tailor rolled steel blanks are made from sheets of various thickness to provide additional strength where needed while eliminating weight where it isn't necessary. The Cruze is the first car in its class with 10 standard air bags, including knee air bags for both front seat occupants, side curtain air bags and seat back mounted side airbags at all four outboard positions. The Cruze has also received five-star crash safety ratings in Korean, Chinese, Australian and European NCAP tests. On the EuroNCAP, the Cruze got the highest score ever recorded for a compact vehicle, and GM fully expects to get the highest rating in the U.S. as well.
In addition to the protection provided by the body and all of the air bags, the Cruze also has standard electronic stability control to help prevent crashes from happening in the first place. After a crash the OnStar system automatically notifies emergency responders to provide assistance. Thanks to the crash-worthiness technology developed by General Motors over the past several decades, the Cruze could be one of the safest vehicles ever built. And the lessons that its team learns today will be applied to vehicles for years to come.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:01 Chevrolet Cruze Manufacturing Footageby AutoMotoTVFeatured 20,403
- 1:08 Chevrolet Cruze Accidentby dennisjonssongm 42,306 views
- 7:17 2012 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT Test Driveby mercmilan06 71,938 views
- 5:59 2011 Chevrolet Cruze vs 2012 Ford Focus - Comparisonby MotorTrend 406,161 views
- 0:43 2011 Chevrolet Cruze/Daewoo Lacetti 50 Mp/h NHTSA Rear Impact (FMVSS 301)by CarPro1993 28,364 views
- 0:36 Chevrolet Cruze off roadingby Yardstick401 10,535 views
- 0:30 Anti-lock brake test: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze (wet)by mercmilan06 11,385 views
- 0:27 Lets go for a Cruzeby iamoriginaldoc 11,417 views
- 2:07 Tire Rack - Behind the Camera: Chevy Cruze Photo Shootby thetirerack 50,741 views
- 9:29 Face-off: Chevrolet Cruze Vs Skoda Laura - NewsXby newsxlive 23,325 views
- 2:38 Chevrolet Cruze Injen Intake Sound Video Test 1by David Jones 17,189 views
- 2:27 First Drive - Chevrolet Cruzeby MSNCars 285,197 views
- 4:26 Rob Huff 2011 WTCC Chevrolet Cruze hot lapby Jim Munro 3,695 views
- 0:22 2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4T 0-60by mercmilan06 22,053 views
- 6:14 Chevrolet Cruze Video Review - Kelley Blue Bookby kbb 201,984 views
- 7:35 2012 Ford Focus versus Mazda 3 Mashup Review & 0-60 MPH Testby romanmicagearguy 225,328 views
- 10:55 2011 Chevrolet Cruze LT Start Up, Quick Tour, & Rev With Exhaust Viewby Intechdude300 62,029 views
- 6:38 2012 Ford Focus Titaniumby CNETTV 278,572 views
- 1:46 Cruze WTCC - Build Timelapseby ChevyWTCC 92,401 views
- 7:57 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Test Drive Impressionsby rwcmick 241,235 views
- Loading more suggestions...