Nintendo DS Longplay  Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (Part 1 / 2)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 25, 2010
Played by: Tsunao
Kazillion days in the making.
Oh, and that kanji as the name on the save file. That is the kanji for "gold".
"I LOVE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!"
I didn't want to do 100%, but decided "Why not?" So...here it is. C-Qull to Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow takes place one year after AoS. The game is noticeable for the anime thing going on. Anime thing going on equals no Soma pimp coat. =( (that MIGHT be his pimp coat, but AoS Pimp Coat is where it's at). A new mechanic for this game is the Magic Seal, where after you deplete the boss's HP, you have to draw the Seal to kill it for good. Fail to draw the seal and the boss will regain some HP. For the record: Magic Seal drawing is tool-assisted...sorta. Don't blink!
Game info thingamabob: Another 100% soul as well as 100% Map Rate on Normal mode. Other mentionables: I do some weapon synthesis, go through all mirrors, show all three endings, and locate 3 hidden items: Konami Man, Bell, and Crown. I label it as "100% soul" because I get all of the souls, though I use them at the end of the game to get the final form of weapons (yes, there will be Claimh Solais shenanigens...on the final fight). All souls are needed for the Chaos Ring to appear. After getting the Chaos Ring, I do the synthesis thing. First off, I had to go New Game Plus to get the Soul Eater Ring (it is hard to get in this game.) I also brought a Rare Ring into the game as well (there are two ways to get one: having Aria of Sorrow in the DS and starting a new game, or finding it in Silenced Ruin). Sadly, I don't use it, so it was a waste. Other stuff that was brought over to the game are Boss Rush items (RPG, Nunchaku, Terror Bear), some other stuff that came with the file from cheating to clear the game quickly (Whip, Bare Knuckles, Alucard Sword), and stuff I couldn't dispose of (Mina's Talisman, Chaos Ring). I won't be using any of the Boss Rush items, Whip, Alucard Sword, or Chaos Ring (though I will use it when I ACTUALLY pickup the item). I also bought and sold crap so the Gold will be zero, emptied ALL items (consumables), souls, and equipment. Pretty much a clean slate of sorts.
As mentioned, it is 100% soul. Since things don't go right, I have to resort to the grind thing. It isn't TOO bad (unless it is a 3-star soul.) To make mincemeat out of everything, I abuse the hell out of Mandragora (which I shall dub "LOLdragora"). It only costs 30 MP, range is OMG!, and the damage is INSANE! So expect to hear lots of "REEEEEEEEEARGH!!" When I do the grind thing, I usually fight the same monster 5 times or so (just noticed I defeated Barbariccia about 13 times. =/ I forgot to reload the savestate.), go through an area 3 times, or use all of the MP. I do get some souls with little effort, like the Treant and Giant Slug. Plus, I need certain souls to get 100% map, to be specific: Bone Ark or Skeleton Ape.
(This text continues in part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d_Ye7... )
Standard YouTube License
- 2:28:03 Nintendo DS Longplay  Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (Part 2 / 2)by cubex55Featured 17,326
- 2:49:22 PSX Longplay  Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Part 1 / 2)by cubex55 98,876 views
- 2:02:59 Nintendo DS Longplay  Kirby: Mass Attack (part 1 of 4)by cubex55 16,714 views
- 2:07:01 NES Longplay  Castlevania II: Simon's Questby cubex55 33,599 views
- 2:14:37 Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - Part 2by TheRagnarokSeeker 9,290 views
- 28:20 Castlevania Lords of Shadow Final Boss Cut-scenes and Endingby Charles Joy 30,379 views
- 36 videos Play all Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow Walkthroughby YawnY139
- 26:56 [TAS] Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow "100% souls" by Kriole in 24:56by Nahoc10 85,248 views
- 3:48:42 Game Boy Advance Longplay  Castlevania: Aria of Sorrowby cubex55 20,027 views
- 33:30 The Bosses Of Castlevania Order Of Ecclesia For The DS!by xCloud8745x 19,163 views
- 41:42 The Bosses Of Castlevania Portrait Of Ruin For The DS!by xCloud8745x 25,987 views
- 37:23 [TAS] DS Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow "All souls" by Kriole in 35:08.59by TASVideosChannel 9,407 views
- 7:03 Castlevania Aria of Sorrow Boss Rush Modeby shadowshinobi06 53,659 views
- 4:15 Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow secretsby Alex Rivera 73,331 views
- 3:04:21 PC Engine Longplay  Akumajo Dracula X - Chi no Rondoby cubex55 38,115 views
- 37:48 The Bosses Of Castlevania Dawn Of Sorrow For The DS!by xCloud8745x 23,215 views
- 3:20 Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow: Destroying Menace in less than 180 secondsby Alex Rivera 53,406 views
- 4:16:54 Nintendo DS Longplay  Castlevania: Order of Ecclesiaby cubex55 26,651 views
- 27:50 Top Fifteen Castlevania Boss Battlesby The Quarter Guy 37,378 views
- 2:43:51 Nintendo DS Longplay  Resident Evil - Deadly Silence (Chris Original)by cubex55 112,288 views
- 10:35 TAS Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow DS in 8:20 by gochaby webnations 23,516 views
- Loading more suggestions...