Jill Abramson Rejects "Atmosphere Of Scandal," Says Public Gives Obama Credit For Improving Economy
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 3, 2013
See no scandal, report no scandal. Jill Abramson, Executive Editor of the New York Times, came down to DC on Sunday to defend President Obama on the scandals and the economy, stressing the leaks cases is the only supposed scandal she cares about as she contended "I'm just not sure" the leaks cases, IRS and Benghazi "come together and create, you know -- quote, unquote -- 'an atmosphere of scandal.'"
Asked by Face the Nation host Bob Schieffer about how "nobody seems to know anything" in the administration, so the scandals may go beyond just the leaks prosecutions involving journalists, Abramson hit back: "I'm not sure how much any of these particular issues has absorbed the American public who I think are hoping against hope that the economy is at last showing some strength and maybe giving the President some credit for the fact that there are some hopeful signs."
Schieffer responded: "You wouldn't say that you think it's not something we ought to be concerned about?"
Abramson skipped IRS and Benghazi as she affirmed how "clearly I'm very concerned about the leak cases," explaining that's "why I came here to talk to you this morning," but insisted: "I'm just not sure, you know, they come together and create, you know -- quote, unquote -- 'an atmosphere of scandal.'"
Washington Post veteran Bob Woodward agreed: "No, that's absolutely true. But we need facts. We need evidence..."
Not that anyone was, but don't count on "all the news that's fit to print" New York Times to change its tune and aggressively pursue the IRS or Benghazi, scandals in which it does not have a personal stake.
As for the New York Times' focus on concerns about health care costs, maybe more Americans would be "giving the President some credit" on the economy if he weren't suppressing it with ObamaCare, a massive new regulatory nightmare that the New York Times supports.
News Busters: Top NY Times Editor Rejects 'Atmosphere of Scandal,' Claims Public Wants to Give Obama Credit for Improving Economy
Standard YouTube License
- 21:13 ABC News 'This Week' Roundtable I: This Week In Politicsby yazchat419 views
- 10:03 Donald Trump: IRS Wasting Taxpayer Moneyby yazchat261 views
- 3:42 MSNBC: Benghazi Scandal Makes White House 'Look Terrible,' Possibly 'Impeachment Issue'by WeAreTheSavageNation28,461 views
- 47:53 LiberalViewer Sunday Clip Round-Up 7: War Is Over? edition - Stephen Colbert, Rand Paul & MOREby LiberalViewer7,909 views
- 0:47 Eleanor Clift: My Ancestors Were Probably At The Low End Of The Educated Classby yazchat36 views
- 10:11 IRS Scandal Starting To Hurt Obama & From The IRS Actions It Is Going To Hurt A Lot More - Cavutoby Mass Tea Party393 views
- 7:16 Mitt Romney Talks Government Shutdown On Hannity - 10/8/13by MichaelSavage4Prez11,416 views
- 1:33 Ex-IRS Head's Wife Works For Liberal Organizationby yazchat87 views
- 42:37 Dr. Phil] Video Game Addictionby MysticNessly90,245 views
- 1:05:34 Jill Abramson - "The Power of Narrative" Conference Keynote Addressby bu2,243 views
- 4:50 The Five Hosts Hammer MSNBC 'RaceMongers' Matthews & Sharpton For Defending Obama Scandalsby MichaelSavage4Prez6,717 views
- 27:47 Desh Deshantar - OECD: India possibly the 3rd largest economyby Rajya Sabha TV502 views
- 25:28 Melinda Gates: Let's put birth control back on the agendaby TED67,238 views
- 25:13 Prophetic Dreams - 2013 - Warning - Watch out for what's brewing in Hell's Kitchen.by Bart Druckenmiller378 views
- 4:54 New York Times chief defends Edward Snowden leaksby ibrahim halil aran1,479 views
- 2:39 Jill Abramson: Editorial Advertising Confuses Readersby ForaTv671 views
- 0:57 One thing Jill Abramson will change at the New York Timesby C-SPAN5,372 views
- 1:21:14 Jill Abramson - 2013 Mullin Welch Lecturer - 03/19/2013by um232 views
- 56:44 Charlie Rose - George Pataki / Jill Abramson / Jim Courierby Charlie Rose3,752 views
- 4:07 Jill Abramson, NY Times Executive Editor (12/6/12) (Clip1)by Commonwealth Club452 views
- Loading more suggestions...