UO Strength and Conditioning: "Bullets Over Bowling Balls: Sculpting the Ideal Athlete"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 8, 2010
When the season is over, and the Ducks are removed from the court or the field, they don't take a break. Instead, they work year-round with one of the best strength and conditioning coaches in the world, a man that spends the entire year helping athletes at the University of Oregon reach their full potential.
For over 26 years, Jim Radcliffe has been the driving force behind many of the successes of Oregon athletics. An unsung hero of the Duck's sports programs, Coach Radcliffe is a leading expert and pioneer in the world of plyometrics and explosive weight training. He can be seen on the sidelines of every football game, but few fans would recognize him as the key component to the fast tempo and explosive style that all Duck sports programs have trademarked over recent years. Year-round, he runs, jumps, and lifts just as often as the student-athletes do, instructing newcomers and veterans alike. This video is a short profile of Oregon's very own sculptor of ideal athletes, demonstrating some of his coaching methods, his unique style, and the great respect his athletes have for him.
This video was created in less than 12 hours for a one-week class (June 15-20, 2010) at the University of Oregon titled "J408: Working in Sports Media", a class which brought together both students and student athletes with an interest in media to give both a hands-on experience with creating a sports-related story. The class was instructed by Deb Morrison, Dan Morrison, Mark Blaine, and Rebecca Force, with guest lectures from famed Duck Alums Dan Fouts and Neil Everett. This video was created by the group of Nick Cody, Jasmin Holliday, Will Von Schlegell, and Jillian Kay, all students in the Journalism school at UO.
Special thanks to Jim Radcliffe and Arthur Tolhurst for interviews, and thanks to Steve Pohl and James Harris for providing many of the highlight sports clips used during the video.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:34 USCTrojans.com - Football Ironby USCAthletics Featured 158,121
- 15:57 Oregon Men's Golf 2012: Faster, Stronger, Bigger, Golferby Jack Paton58,322 views
- 6:07 Maryland Football - Strength & Conditioningby MDFootballVideo399,766 views
- 7:39 Fordham Strength & Conditioning - Football 2010 Trainingby FordhamStrength62,187 views
- 4:38 MIZZOU FOOTBALL GUN CLUB IN-SEASON 2011by PerformanceUnleashed108,527 views
- 47:57 Training Days with the Oklahoma Soonersby BoomerKing85171,569 views
- 4:43 Inside the Oregon Ducks' 2012 Fall Campby GoDucksdotcom56,646 views
- 12:46 The University Of Oregon Has Some Pimpin' Facilitiesby GodfatherOfTheO208,815 views
- 7:20 2011 South Alabama Football Off-Season Conditioning Videoby USAFootballVideoDept200,357 views
- 3:24 Miami Hurricanes offseason workout, _TOUGH.by WeInventedSwagger474,762 views
- 4:58 Inside the Oregon Locker Room with Bryan Bennettby GoDucksdotcom592,185 views
- 4:34 Notre Dame Football Strength and Conditioningby awasiele202,224 views
- 4:43 2011 Army Football Strength Trainingby thearmyteam266,501 views
- 1:40 Alabama's Strength Coach, Scott Cochranby AL CrimsonTide150,838 views
- 18:43 Kevin Hart at The Breakfast Club [04-18-12] - Power 105.1by Official Power 105.1 - Breakfast Club1,250,100 views
- 5:49 TTU Football Off Season 2011by CrossFitFaithVideos72,882 views
- 5:07 Under the Lights: Georgia Football - Mat Drillsby FoxSportsSouth52,285 views
- 115 videos Play all Strength and Conditioningby ljkelly9
- 5:45 Maryland Football - Strength & Conditioningby MDFootballVideo131,588 views
- 3:20 Oregon Lab YT.movby eurotour3324,886 views