Sushi California - a trip to Vancouver's suburbs to eat good sushi
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 24, 2010
is a Japanese restaurant at the corner of Lougheed Hwy and North Road in Coquitlam BC Canada (across from Lougheed Mall and near Denny's and Mcdonalds).
In this video, I show my trip from downtown Vancouver (Yaletown) which is the home to many tiny cute dogs (such as the three shown in the video that almost trip up their owner), past Foodness convenience store on Seymour street, Vita wine shop, Cibo restaurant, The Orpheum Theatre, Kim's Snack at HMart, Toyama Sushi, and the Hudson Bay Building, and go into the Granville Skytrain station. I hop on the Eastbound train and take the connection at Commercial Drive/Broadway on to the Millennium Line which goes out through Burnaby and Coquitlam. I get off at Lougheed Mall station and it's a short walk over to the restaurant.
I include shots of the menu and restaurant interior and then focus in on the yummy Japanese food including Miso Soup, Green Tea, Ebi Sunomono Salad, Tuna and Salmon sushi, Inari, Ikura, and Tamago sushi, Dragon Roll Sushi, and Avocado roll.
Finally I show an exterior shot of the restaurant and parking lot, and then some shots of my night-time trip back into downtown Vancouver on the Skytrain. Once back downtown, I film some of the paper lantern festival and public art displayed on Granville Street (which is part of the celebration in Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Olympics).
The music is called "Heartbeet" and was created by Geoff Peters http://www.birdsinthehouse.com and Marcus Emmanuel Barnes http://www.knobb.ca .
Please note that the views expressed in this video may not be supported or approved by the music creators (e.g. Marcus is raw vegan, but this video shows images of sushi which contain animal products). Visit Marcus's website about raw veganism here: http://www.eatrawvegan.com
Geoff Peters shot the video on Saturday January 23rd 2010, using a Panasonic AG-DVX100A MiniDV video camera and then edited the film in iMovie on a MacBook.
More info about Geoff's music and other projects can be found at:
Geoff's jazz trio has a CD that is available here:
Hope you enjoy visiting beautiful Vancouver BC Canada and tasting some of the amazing food our city has to offer. =)
Standard YouTube License
- 14:37 Driving from Downtown Toronto to Scarborough(suburbs) (real time)by crxtech118,880 views
- 11:11 Chinese Food in Vancouver and Richmond, British Columbiaby sambamaster5,661 views
- 10:20 Why I Am Leaving Vancouver British Columbia Canada - Thanks, Fukushima Japanby ManOfStone604239,712 views
- 6:19 Eating Olympian style at Tojo'sby Daniel Wetter2,179 views
- 15:21 A Greyhound bus trip: Vancouver BC to Portland OR 2010-08-28by backpacktrot9,362 views
- 6:48 Miku Restaurant | Vancouver BCby David Childs1,187 views
- 4:54 Visiting Vancouver: Five Things You Must Doby AssociatedPress108,653 views
- 4:32 Roll with sushi king Tojoby The Province1,857 views
- 172 videos Play all Vancouver Restaurants from Geoffmobile.comby geoffmobile
- 4:10 Vancouver Downtown East Hastingsby Sunho Choi75,010 views
- 2:09 Ninkazu Japanese Restaurant (Richmond BC Canada)by geoffmobile5,392 views
- 6:31 TransLink DE60LFR (# 8125) On Route 135by VancouversLocalNerd1,068 views
- 3:11 Sushi Yama Japanese Restaurant in Vancouver - October 2011 yummyby geoffmobile1,292 views
- 10:01 How To Make Simple And Delicious Sushi(1/2)by Tom Lin329,742 views
- 3:58 Robson Sushi in Vancouver BC Canada (All You Can Eat) - Sony HX7Vby geoffmobile6,197 views
- 3:35 Vancouver has the Best Chinese Food in the World according to Condé Nast Traveler magazineby pne71314,806 views
- 11:22 CANDY SUSHI! ｡◕‿◕｡by Strawburry17877,526 views
- 12:01 Vancouver, Downtown CANADA バンクーバーby shiso201251,816 views
- 3:51 Old Spaghetti Factory Vancouver (Gastown) BC Canadaby geoffpeterstrio4,829 views
- 7:49 (Vlog #33) Japadog!by Randy Saputro1,463 views