This video may be inappropriate for some users.
Roadhouse to Slaughter ~ For your "humane" meat
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 6, 2008
Dying to Live
Many who speak of "humane" meat are really referring to the conditions under which animals are raised—not killed. And there's a big difference. When their bodies are fat enough for the dinner table, spent and overused from producing eggs and milk, and no longer useful in the way they were meant to be, as in the case of male studs on dairy farms, animals from both conventional and "humane" farms are all transported (first to the feedlot in the case of "beef cattle") to the slaughterhouse. The transportation process is excruciating and often fatal. The only law designed to "protect" animals in transport does not pertain to 95% of the animals killed for human consumption, as birds and rabbits (all classified as "poultry" are not protected). As a result, in transport, animals are forced to endure oppressive heat, bitter cold, stress, overcrowding, and respiratory problems from ammonia-laden urine.
Regardless of how they're raised, all animals killed for the refrigerated aisles of the grocery store are sent to mechanized slaughterhouses where their lives are brutally ended. By law, animals must be slaughtered at USDA-certified facilities, where horrific acts of cruelty occur on a daily basis. Everyone from federal meat inspectors to slaughterhouse workers have admitted to routinely witnessing the strangling, beating, scalding, skinning, and butchering of live, fully conscious animals. At small farms, where the owners can kill the animals themselves (in the case of birds), every one of them will tell you that, though it was hard in the beginning to slit the throat of the animals, it gets easier after awhile. I don't believe anyone would agree that it's healthy to detach and compartmentalize our emotions and become desensitized to violence and suffering. Compassionate people all have the same goal: the elimination of oppression, exploitation, and violence. Abuse, violence, cruelty -- they all spring from the same source, and they all have the same effect -- more abuse, more violence, more cruelty. The link between cruelty to animals and violence toward people has been well established
When we tell ourselves we're eating meat from "humanely raised animals," we're leaving out a huge part of the equation. The slaughtering of an animal is a bloody and violent act, and death does not come easy for those who want to live.
Standard YouTube License
- 19:34 16 cows slaughtered in just ten minutesby markazahlehadithisb 31,564 views
- 10:00 Cattle Abattoir: Entire Processby mikeybk9 144,829 views
- 9:38 Shocking slaughter footage: English slaughterhouses exposedby AnimalAid 315,731 views
- 4:31 La réalité des abattages rituels en images :by Kaçsam Sansnom 161,368 views
- 2:44 Slaughterhouse Investigation: Cruel and Unhealthy Practicesby hsus 1,178,072 views
- 29 videos Play all Killing Animals for Meatby questionful
- 8:00 Cattle Slaughter 9by Gabriele Meurer 408,202 views
- 3:24 I am scared and don't want to die.by 1347Love 525,421 views
- 9:41 Example of cattle slaughtering lines_Part1by Rowel81 114,815 views
- 10:49 Earthlings 3 of 9 (milking cows, meat, veal, pigs, slaughter)by 30PP0 16,637 views
- 3:49 Calves Slaughterby Gabriele Meurer 215,441 views
- 8:28 Hallal cattle slaughter line for up to 60 cattle per hour.by Rowel81 167,309 views
- 1:52 Want to see a "humane" slaughterhouse vid?**WARNING** Go vegan, End Animal Useby LiveVegan 93,876 views
- 7:31 Cattle Slaughter 12by Gabriele Meurer 269,551 views
- 1:47 Australian Beef Slaughterhouse SBA Foods (Gilbertsons) (part 1-10)by Takster 110,245 views
- 7:56 Live Fast Die Young - the life of a meat chickenby CIWFFOOTAGE 377,374 views
- 2:34 Warning: disturbing footage. Undercover investigation at Chinos Hallmark/Westland slaughterhouseby Animal Legal Defense Fund 116,943 views
- 6:44 Brazil to Lebanon: Live transport of cattle 1/2by handlewithcaretv 28,130 views
- 6:39 Real Truth About Slaughtering (16+)by da9elsolum 52,645 views
- 11:51 How they slaughter cows, chickens, pigs in some farms in Americaby nice wisdom 105,194 views
- 1:20 Australian Beef Slaughterhouse SBA Foods (Gilbertsons) (part 7-10)by Takster 252,436 views
- Loading more suggestions...