Michael Marin Commits Suicide In The Courtroom After Being Convicted of Arson
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 29, 2012
This is the horrifying moment a millionaire convicted of burning down his $3.5million mansion poisoned himself in court.
As the guilty verdict was read out, Michael Marin closed his eyes and held his head in his hands before appearing to slip something into his mouth.
Minutes later, the 53-year-old collapsed to the floor in convulsions and died.
The shocking scenes were caught on camera in Maricopa County Superior Court in Arizona, where Marin had been on trial since May.
The father-of-four torched his mansion in Phoenix on July 5, 2009, because, prosecutors claimed, he could no longer afford the mortgage.
Fire Department investigators concluded that the blaze was started deliberately after finding several points of origin throughout the sprawling 6,600 sq ft home, which boasted four garages.
Marin was found outside the burning property after climbing from a second floor bedroom using a rope ladder and wearing scuba diving gear, according to Fox News.
Marin faced 16 years in prison as the charge of committing arson in an occupied structure holds the same sentence as second-degree murder in Arizona.
Footage from the courtroom yesterday shows a shocked Marin covering his face with his hands before appearing to place something into his mouth.
The grandfather-of-two appears to swallow a number of times before taking a drink from the water bottle on the table in front of him.
Minutes later he appears to be struggling to breathe before collapsing to the ground as others in the court rush over to help.
Marin was taken to a hospital in Arizona where he was pronounced dead.
Toxicology tests will be carried out on the former Wall Street trader's body and the water bottle he drank from.
MCSO spokesman Jeff Sprong told Fox: "Obviously if you watch the video it looks like he does put something in his mouth.
"We cannot verify that at this point and we're not going to be able to until the toxicology report comes back.
"We will obviously contact family to see if this is something he hinted at doing, maybe he left a note you know, it just needs to be thoroughly investigated then hopefully we'll find out why he did it and what he did."
Standard YouTube License
- 5:21 Lil Wayne Owns Lawyer During Legal Deposition Courtroomby speakoutnow224633,035 views
- 3:04 2 Females React To Life Sentence! Unbelievable!by SouthernClassyCutie281,449 views
- 5:11 Man Call Judge "COCK!" Judge flips out! -- go to time 2:10by matt adika289,345 views
- 29:56 Courtroom Outburst of Man Convicted of Child Abuse (Full Video)by Ann ArborNews53,585 views
- 3:38 Police restraining teen in courtroom after being sentenced to Death., Police Videoby fufushot267,667 views
- 9:14 Man Commits Suicide In The Courtroomby ThePrincessHira230,119 views
- 26:53 Real DisOrder In the Court ~ 1998-2013!by The Attorney Depot™14,134 views
- 2:09 Man Commits Suicideby suckerworm236,379 views
- 4:34 Man Found Guilty Commits Suicide In The Courtroom! full video 6/29/2012by newschannel5002,803,202 views
- 2:42 Black family react to prison sentence CRAZYby Yao Liu344,607 views
- 6:39 Man in Court Accused of Murder Acting Absolutely Insaneby Qdouble3,812,092 views
- 3:12 Ashley Smith, 19, prison inmate commits suicide by hanging herself in her inmate as guards watchedby tleafs01,760,412 views
- 1:51 Man Attacks Ex-Girlfriend in Courtroom Caught on Tape - Ohioby YouHotNews53,021 views
- 1:37 TOUCHY DIVORCE HEARING TURNS INTO BRAWL!by CaughtOnTapeTV384,616 views
- 2:33 Convicted killer hears his fate.by nwfdn2,363,116 views
- 1:21 Budd Dwyer live suicideby Fabio Cardoso476,852 views
- 9:46 Parents Of Jamey Rodemeyer Say After Suicide, He's Still Being Bulliedby SuchIsLifeVideos263,560 views
- 3:06 Committing suicide on Fwy 94 in sandiego caught on tapeby coolfire2770,004 views
- 10:21 Police surveillance video from UCF student suicideby Amanda Morales77,401 views
- Loading more suggestions...