This video is unavailable.
The Scramble - Sea Kayak Self Rescue Technique
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 21, 2010
The Scramble is the quickest way for a sea kayaker to get back into their kayak after swimming. Ken Whiting explains how in this episode of Sea Kayaking TV.
Check out all our Paddling TV YouTube channels:
Kayak Fishing Tales http://www.youtube.com/user/KayakFish...
Kayak Bass Fishing http://www.youtube.com/user/KayakBass...
Stand Up Paddling http://www.youtube.com/user/StandUpPa...
Whitewater Kayaking http://www.youtube.com/user/Whitewate...
Recreational Paddling http://www.youtube.com/user/PaddleTV
Sea Kayaking http://www.youtube.com/user/SeaKayaki...
Need a boat? Shop the world's largest selection of canoes and kayaks at Appomattox River Company. Appomattox has served paddlers since 1977, and their staff of experts are serious paddlers, knowledgeable in all disciplines of paddlesports. Call them at 800 442 4837, or visit their website http://www.paddleva.com
For 25 years ExOfficio has built top quality clothing that not only looks great, but that performs exceptionally well. ExOfficio clothing is simply made to adventure, and ExOfficio's Amphi line of clothing is ideal for paddling and other outdoor adventures. Check them out at http://www.exofficio.com
Even if you're on the water 2-hours every day, your boat will be in storage 90% of the time, and improperly stored boats are easily damaged. For the ultimate storage solution, check out Suspenz's indoor and outdoor storage racks for kayaks, canoes, SUPs and more. Visit the Suspenz website for more information http://wwwsuspenzkayakstorage.com
For 30 years Necky and Old Town have designed world class kayaks with an approach that is streamlined, elegant, and purpose-built. Both Necky and Old Town are innovators in paddlesport designs who have played a large role in advancing the sport of kayaking. See their amazing boats at http://www.neckykayaks.com and http://www.oldtowncanoe.com
Notice how nearly every pro on Paddling TV uses an AquaBound paddle? There's a good reason for this. Aqua-Bound manufacturers some of the best paddles on the market, and they won't break your bank account. Having used them for 14 years we're happy to give them our stamp of approval. See their full line-up at http://www.aquabound.com
Episode is produced by The Heliconia Press, an award winning TV, digital video, and DVD production company that specializes in outdoor pursuits. Visit http://www.helipress.com to find us online.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:04 The Hand of God - Sea Kayak Rescue Techniqueby SeaKayakingTVFeatured 7,727
- 2:49 The High Brace - An Essential Sea Kayaking Techniqueby SeaKayakingTV 9,510 views
- 2:11 How to Sea Kayak in Heavy Windby SeaKayakingTV 24,926 views
- 5:33 How to Re-enter a Sea Kayakby SeaKayakingTV 4,141 views
- 4:14 Kayak Paddle Float Self Rescues and Re Enter and Rollby CKAPCODOTCOM 23,557 views
- 3:07 Re-entering a Sit-Inside Kayakby PaddleTV 41,146 views
- 3:07 The first drill for leaning to roll a kayak.by AnybodyCanKayak 64,038 views
- 2:29 What not to do when you fall out of a kayakby shadesofgrey53 258,349 views
- 1:59 Sea kayaking tips - Launching and Landingby SeaKayakingScotland 20,708 views
- 2:56 Rec Kayaking on the Oceanby PaddleTV 10,337 views
- 3:17 Proper Technique for Paddling a Kayakby PaddleTV 75,406 views
- 2:35 How to Get Into and Out Of a Kayak Smoothlyby PaddleTV 98,971 views
- 2:33 How to Kayak : How to Not Capsize your Kayakby expertvillage 235,842 views
- 2:13 How To Re-enter a Sit On Top Kayakby KayakFishingTales 398,551 views
- 4:46 Kayak Self Rescue Demoby cvnatmainetoday 39,366 views
- 3:50 Sea Kayak Rescue Stirrup Demonstrationby Jef Bray 7,152 views
- 2:25 Re-entering a Sit-Inside Kayak - Part 1by SeaKayakingTV 13,576 views
- 0:28 Sea kayaking self-rescue: the rat swim/1by DeepSixDave 6,208 views
- 1:45 Why Roll Your Sea Kayak?by SeaKayakingTV 21,039 views
- 2:04 The Paddle Float Rescueby SeaKayakingTV 8,571 views
- Loading more suggestions...