The Scramble - Sea Kayak Self Rescue Technique
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 21, 2010
The Scramble is the quickest way for a sea kayaker to get back into their kayak after swimming. Ken Whiting explains how in this episode of Sea Kayaking TV.
Check out all our Paddling TV YouTube channels:
Kayak Fishing Tales http://www.youtube.com/user/KayakFish...
Kayak Bass Fishing http://www.youtube.com/user/KayakBass...
Stand Up Paddling http://www.youtube.com/user/StandUpPa...
Whitewater Kayaking http://www.youtube.com/user/Whitewate...
Recreational Paddling http://www.youtube.com/user/PaddleTV
Sea Kayaking http://www.youtube.com/user/SeaKayaki...
Need a boat? Shop the world's largest selection of canoes and kayaks at Appomattox River Company. Appomattox has served paddlers since 1977, and their staff of experts are serious paddlers, knowledgeable in all disciplines of paddlesports. Call them at 800 442 4837, or visit their website http://www.paddleva.com
For 25 years ExOfficio has built top quality clothing that not only looks great, but that performs exceptionally well. ExOfficio clothing is simply made to adventure, and ExOfficio's Amphi line of clothing is ideal for paddling and other outdoor adventures. Check them out at http://www.exofficio.com
Even if you're on the water 2-hours every day, your boat will be in storage 90% of the time, and improperly stored boats are easily damaged. For the ultimate storage solution, check out Suspenz's indoor and outdoor storage racks for kayaks, canoes, SUPs and more. Visit the Suspenz website for more information http://wwwsuspenzkayakstorage.com
For 30 years Necky and Old Town have designed world class kayaks with an approach that is streamlined, elegant, and purpose-built. Both Necky and Old Town are innovators in paddlesport designs who have played a large role in advancing the sport of kayaking. See their amazing boats at http://www.neckykayaks.com and http://www.oldtowncanoe.com
Notice how nearly every pro on Paddling TV uses an AquaBound paddle? There's a good reason for this. Aqua-Bound manufacturers some of the best paddles on the market, and they won't break your bank account. Having used them for 14 years we're happy to give them our stamp of approval. See their full line-up at http://www.aquabound.com
Episode is produced by The Heliconia Press, an award winning TV, digital video, and DVD production company that specializes in outdoor pursuits. Visit http://www.helipress.com to find us online.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:21 The Ideal Forward Stroke - Sea Kayak Techniqueby SeaKayakingTV67,891 views
- 2:11 How to Sea Kayak in Heavy Windby SeaKayakingTV36,446 views
- 1:12 The Bow Draw - Sea Kayak Techniqueby SeaKayakingTV44,325 views
- 1:04 The Hand of God - Sea Kayak Rescue Techniqueby SeaKayakingTV10,015 views
- 4:14 Kayak Paddle Float Self Rescues and Re Enter and Rollby CKAPCODOTCOM44,590 views
- 12 videos Play all Ocean Kayakingby Chance2Explore
- 0:51 Sea Kayak Self Rescue - The Ladderby getafixcoaching258,985 views
- 1:45 Why Roll Your Sea Kayak?by SeaKayakingTV26,101 views
- 0:41 SOLO KAYAK SELF RESCUEby PHILIP DANG34,382 views
- 2:49 The High Brace - An Essential Sea Kayaking Techniqueby SeaKayakingTV11,626 views
- 1:59 Sea kayaking tips - Launching and Landingby SeaKayakingScotland28,079 views
- 1:20 Low Brace Turn - Sea Kayak Techniqueby SeaKayakingTV22,300 views
- 2:04 The Paddle Float Rescueby SeaKayakingTV14,481 views
- 2:58 Kayak - Self Rescue Techniques - Egenredningerby EPIC18SON2,439 views
- 58:38 Sea Kayak Videos Episode 1: Getting Startedby John Dawson23,387 views
- 2:20 Getting in and out of Sea Kayaksby SeaKayakingTV9,077 views
- 5:33 How to Re-enter a Sea Kayakby SeaKayakingTV5,102 views
- 2:21 What is the BEST Kayak Roll -by SeaKayakingTV26,999 views
- 2:01 Mastering the Hip Snap - An Essential Skill for Sea Kayakingby SeaKayakingTV55,555 views
- 1:53 Sea Kayaking on Edgeby SeaKayakingTV14,544 views