Financial Oligarchy and the New Robber Barons w/Derivatives Guru Janet Tavakoli
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 26, 2012
Follow us @
Welcome to Capital Account. Bernanke speaks and everyone seems to listen. In a speech today, he warned about the job market and said continued accommodative easy-money policies will be needed to make further progress. This has the financial press reading the tea leaves and saying more QE. Is it really because, as our guest says -- TBTF really means "trust Bernanke to fund?" She's Janet Tavakoli, author of "The New Robber Barons: How Bankers created an International Oligarchy," and she's here to talk about the too big to fail banks, the financial oligarchy, and how MF Global fits into this web of derivative inspired meth lab of shadow liquidity and off-balance sheet risk.
And since we are on the issue of MF Global, what's the latest on its former CEO, Jon Corzine? Did he or didn't he knowingly transfer close to 200 million dollars in customer money from MF Global to JP Morgan on one occasion before the firm imploded? Internal emails that have come out reportedly point different ways. Regardless, has he gotten away with other types of fraud already? And do credit derivatives, like those used to bet the firm on Europe's debt crisis, continue to pose a major risk to markets? And does regulation do anything to stop this?
To top this off, a recent report by the OECD predicts that by 2020, 75% of the US population will be obese. We'll ask if this is deflationary for the global economy and a drag on economic growth. Jim Cramer, of CNBC seems to have a different take. Demetri gives his two cents during "Loose Change."
- 28:02 TBTF Sheriff Bill Black on the MF Global Cover-up: "All those that doeth Evil hateth the light!"by CapitalAccount 13,435 views
- 28:00 MF Global Customer and Fund Manager on JP Morgan and the Goldman Sachs Connectionby CapitalAccount 7,330 views
- 28:01 Gerald Celente, the Kleptocrat's Carry-Trade and the Revolution against Financial Occupationby CapitalAccount 13,581 views
- 28:00 Bernanke goes to College, while Corzine may finally be headed to Jail (Jim Rogers)by CapitalAccount 14,390 views
- 28:07 Investing in a World Right Side Up and Upside Down with Chris Mayer!by CapitalAccount 6,538 views
- Derivative 3,268 videos15
- 54:26 Janet Tavakoli: Understanding Derivatives and Their Risksby ChrisMartensondotcom 10,168 views
- 28:02 Former CIA Officer Michael Scheuer on the Economics of War with Iranby CapitalAccount 28,697 views
- 28:00 Jim Rickards: War with Iran and QE3 possibly by this Summerby CapitalAccount 19,813 views
- 9 videos Play all The New Economy (Revolutionary Wealth)by englishforasians
- 17:17 Mish vs. Stalwart: Bernanke's Class Lecture on Money Leads to After-School Blog Brawlby CapitalAccount 9,004 views
- 28:06 Is JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon the "World's Funniest Financier?"by CapitalAccount 18,796 views
- 28:01 Economic Hit Man John Perkins on the New Banana Republic and USA, Inc.by CapitalAccount 13,002 views
- 1:18:02 Chairman Bernanke's College Lecture Series: The Federal Reserve and the Financial Crisis, Part 2by FedReserveBoard 15,279 views
- 9:51 What are derivatives? - MoneyWeek Investment Tutorialsby MoneyWeekVideos 68,573 views
- 28:03 Reflections on Post-Capitalism, Political Entrepreneurialism, and the Bernanke Contrarian Indexby CapitalAccount 7,013 views
- 28:02 Gerald Celente on Jihadi Bankers and the expulsion of "Osama Bin Bernanke" from Temple U-S-S-Aby CapitalAccount 9,562 views
- 28:03 Has the Apple of Wisdom fallen far from the Tree of J.O.B.S.?by CapitalAccount 3,913 views
- 28:05 Reggie Middleton takes a Bite out of Apple on his trip back from the Gold Sands of Abu Dhabiby CapitalAccount 5,488 views
- 28:03 Yanis Varoufakis, "All Europeans are Seeing the Collapse Coming" (12/09/11)by CapitalAccount 8,925 views
- 28:05 JP Morgan's Regulatory Arbitrage of turning Financial Loss into Political Profitby CapitalAccount 9,804 views
- 28:02 Central Bank Bubble-Blowers and the Rehypothecation Inflation-Nation!!by CapitalAccount 8,019 views
- Loading more suggestions...