Medical Device Human Factors-Catching up to the FDA
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 27, 2012
User Centric is now a part of GfK! Read more about GfK's medical device UX research and design solutions. (http://www.gfk.com/solutions/ux/healt...)
The release of the FDA's draft guidance document (Applying Human Factors and Usability Engineering to Optimize Medical Device Design) has caused many medical device manufacturers to realize that adjustments to their human factors research process are necessary. Understanding how product development processes and lifecycles can be shaped to meet human factors engineering standards while minimizing the impact to overall time and cost of product development is a critical success factor for these organizations. For example, identification of representative user groups, risk analyses (FMEA), and human factors validation research may have existed previously as independent activities, but according to sound research design and FDA guidance these activities are necessarily interdependent.
Medical device manufacturers are struggling to make this adjustment in the middle of product development cycles that may have been underway for several years, as well as for future development cycles.
Join Korey Johnson, VP, User Experience, GfK, in this webinar to learn how to get answers to the questions you should be asking during exploratory research and how to use those answers to ensure safe and effective use of your medical device for your intended user population. You will leave this session with some practical ideas on changes that can be made to your product development process.
In this 60-minute webinar, Korey will provide insights and tactics to:
-Identify potential user groups.
-Understand the difference between unique groups and variation within a group.
-Eliminate major usability issues early in the design process.
-Incorporate users into risk analyses.
-Choose the right tasks for a human factors validation study.
-Understand potential outcomes by way of generalized real-world examples.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:51:45 Integrating Human Factors Engineering into Medical Devicesby PublicResourceOrg6,901 views
- 57:42 Validating SharePoint 2013 for 21 CFR Part 11 Environments Webinarby Montrium295 views
- 1:44:42 Obamacare: On 9/20/2013 "FDA Launches System to Label (Microchip Humans) Medical Devices"by offthahook083,060 views
- 23:41 Human Factors in Hemodyalysisby PublicResourceOrg1,369 views
- 13:43 Safety Management System (SMS) for Small Operatorsby FAASTeam Southern-Region1,314 views
- 7:45 US FDA medical device regulatory approval process overviewby TheEmergoGroup8,047 views
- 3:05 This is Aerosim Flight Academy | #BeAPilotby Aerosim7,075 views
- 105 videos Play all Aircraft Maintenanceby AskBobTV
- 12:24 Medical Device Reprocessing - HSC (part 1)by barhuberd3,420 views
- 56:17 Changes to the Medical Devices Directivesby TÜV SÜD Product Service UK261 views
- 1:08 Safety Behaviours: Human Factors for Engineers -- Introductionby CASABriefing645 views
- 10:29 Idea to IDE: A Medical Device in the Makingby USFoodandDrugAdmin7,947 views
- 4:59 What the Experts say: Error Managementby CASABriefing328 views
- 9:04 Saving Lives by Design (lo res)by Harold Thimbleby602 views
- 16:43 Back to Basics - Maintenance Personal Minimums Checklist (1998)by FAASTeam Southern-Region334 views
- 4:50 Which Medical Device Explainedby Which Medical Device945 views
- 3:36 Acando Mobile Job Cardsby Acando GmbH152 views
- 57:40 Conducting medical device clinical studies in Europeby TheEmergoGroup2,443 views
- 1:43 FAA Safety Stream - Complacencyby Flightleader WBOK1,410 views
- 7:06 Medical Device Validation: Standardization and Reporting for Equipment Validationby Fishmancorp989 views