Former Agent Blasts Israeli Leaders: Yuval Diskin Criticises Netanyahu, Barak's Policies
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 30, 2012
The Israeli government has reacted to remarks by Israel's former spy chief Yuval Diskin, who blasted the country's leaders for formulating and pursuing policies on Iran on the basis of what he described as "messianic feelings".
Israeli Infrastructure Minister Uzi Landau: "In a democracy you always have differences of opinions, and you have different leaders having different approaches. Now, it is the political leadership not the professional military leadership that decides on these things. This is in any democracy. That's why I was so much surprised by the open manner by which people from the military establishment are carrying out a professional debate that should be handled within the proper forums."
Government officials said Benjamin Netanyahu was constantly working to form an international front for the struggle against Iran, and described Diskin's words as irresponsible and a shame. Diskin was referring to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defence Minister Ehud Barak, who have threatened to launch a pre-emptive war on Iran because of its nuclear programme. Other security veterans have come out against Netanyahu and Barak, but Diskin's criticism was especially strong.
Israel's former spy chief Yuval Diskin: "I will tell you things that will be, perhaps, harsh. I have no faith in the prime minister, nor in the defence minister. I really don't have faith in a leadership that makes decisions out of messianic feelings."
Diskin said that he was not necessarily opposed to Israel attacking Iran's nuclear sites pre-emptively. But he said Netanyahu was not up to the task of going to war as a second-term premier, and nor was Ehud Barak, despite being the country's most decorated soldier. Diskin's remarks came days after Israel's military chief, Lieutenant-General Benny Gantz, said Iran was "very rational" and unlikely to build a bomb in the face of world opposition, apparently undermining the case for a strike.
Standard YouTube License
- 8:18 ¿Fue Aaron Swartz Asesinado?by mundodesconocido Featured 43,318
- 4:43 Shin Bet Chief Speaks Against Strike on Iran's Nuclear Facilities: Yuval Diskin Faces Criticismby JewishNewsOne1,740 views
- 2:17 Israel Makes 3 New Settlements Legal in West Bank: Committee Says Outposts Aren't Illegal Nowby JewishNewsOne852 views
- 2:42 Haaretz Poll Shows Netanyahu Winning in Upcoming Elections Despite Critics Such as Yuval Diskinby JewishNewsOne407 views
- 1:25 From Memorial Day to Independence Day: Israeli Celebration and Ceremony at Mount Herzlby JewishNewsOne2,338 views
- 24:10 The Fulfillment of Dan 8by James D Albright246 views
- 15:43 BILL MAHER - Love this guy _ Benjamin NetanYahu PRIME MINISTER ISRAELby JULIE PARTNEY54,389 views
- 24:28 BBC HARDtalk - Meir Dagan - Director of Mossad (2002-2010) (18/6/12)by BBC HardTALK28,832 views
- 10:55 Ex.ISA (Shin Bet) Chief Yuval Diskin Those Who Serve Aren't Suckers 7/7/12 יובל דיסקיןby boazgu7542 views
- 10:02 Production of Jet/Turbine Engines in Iranby maydayfire18,107 views
- 28:41 ZIONISM AND ISRAEL THE PROMISED LAND FOR ORGANIZED CRIMEby JAMES CONOR291 views
- 5:23 General Wesley Clark Reveals 5 Year USA War Agenda From 2007 - 2012 - gps1952.by Glenn Schmeyer5,529 views
- 3:59 Ahmadinejad Blasts President Obama And Warns Israelby t665865,618 views
- 3:16 Intelligence Officer: "Ron Paul Is Right on Iran"by cyfuse1,480 views
- 32:36 November 24 2013 Iran made it clear plans to destoy Israel with nuclear warfare Last days end timesby u2bheavenbound174,545 views
- 3:45 Israel's Deputy PM admits Iran DIDN'T threaten to wipe Israel outby Antinwonews261 views
- 15:35 GERALD CELENTE - IRAN to be the next BIG WAR in the Middle East. U.S. MILITARY should say NO! (WW3?)by 829speedy7,162 views
- 3:13 Ahmadinejad: No more threats exist agains Iranby IranResanehChannel354 views
- 4:29 Ehud Barak life, Israel Defence Minister Ehud Barak quits politicsby News Daily Planet +605 views
- 3:27 THIS CAN'T BE REAL! OBAMA what?by helias314904 views
- Loading more suggestions...