Winnipeg Manitoba Canada - by Andru Valpy
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 15, 2008
Winnipeg is the capital and largest city in the Canadian province of Manitoba located in the prairies of Western Canada. It is also the geographical heart of North America.
Winnipeg is the capital of Manitoba. With around 700,000 people, the city has been a trading center for more than an astonishing 6,000 years. Crowned by the famous Golden Boy, the Legislative Building is considered one of the finest in the country.
Winnipeg is home to historic architecture; distinctive neighbourhoods; scenic waterways; a heritage river; and numerous parks, including Assiniboine Park.
Near the famous crossroads of Portage and Main is the via train station, a station that was designed by the same firm that made Grand Central Station. Close by is the Forks market.
For at least 6000 years, the Forks has been the meeting place for early Aboriginal peoples, and since colonization has also been a meeting place for European fur traders, Métis buffalo hunters, Scottish settlers, riverboat workers, railway pioneers and tens of thousands of immigrants.
The Forks Market's first floor contains mostly food shops, where specialty items can be found as well as fresh fruit and vegetables. The second floor is home to many ethnic shops, as well as a ballet conservatory and a large craft store among other things. Across the large courtyard you may find Johnson Terminal, home of Finn's Pub, an Old Spaghetti Factory, more shops and a large cooperative antique store in the basement. There are often buskers in and around the Forks, who must audition for a buskers license to perform there.
Near the forks is the Esplanade Riel.
The Esplanade Riel is a pedestrian bridge located in Winnipeg, Manitoba designed by Étienne Gaboury of Wardrop Engineering and completed in 2003. It spans the Red River connecting downtown Winnipeg with St. Boniface. It is paired with a vehicular bridge, Provencher Bridge.
The bridge is only one of a few in the world in that it has a restaurant (Salisbury House) on it, giving patrons an excellent view of the river and in its rarely seen structure.
The Esplanade Riel has become a landmark and is used in many promotional materials.
Winnipeg is known for it's cold winters, and above average summers.
This is a spring time version of Winnipeg. By request from viewers like you. Special thanks to Emil for his help.
Song: Mahna Mahna by Cake off their album B-Sides And Rarities
Video: Emil S. Andru Valpy
(Personal Copyright: Andru Valpy - Not to be used or posted without written consent)
**SPAM/ HATEFUL/ THREATENING / RACIAL OR OTHERWISE DEROGATORY COMMENTS WILL BE REMOVED***
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Mahna Mahna" on
- 25:20 Accès Canada reportage de la télé marocaine sur l'immigrationby AccesCanada20123,152 views
- 6:34 Americans flee into Canada! Yanks invade Canada?by 487shawn12,718 views
- 48:07 Working in Canada - How to obtain LMO and Work Permit for your job in Canada?by mbmigration41,158 views
- 8:10 CBC: Winnipeg's Secret Code (Manitoba's Masonic Legislature building)by TheParadigmShift48,224 views
- 7:42 What is Wrong with Winnipegby finditherefirst26,862 views
- 9:43 Walking in Winnipeg a year long tour Part 2 of 2by trek26ca4,770 views
- 5:45 Denied Entry to Canadaby immigrationtube13,584 views
- 18 videos Play all Manitoba Caribouby SecretIVUIIHear
- 10:57 Avant votre arrivée au Canadaby Citizenship and Immigration Canada / Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada6,925 views
- 10:01 Immigrant Experiences in Canada - From India to Canadaby uwosocialscience5,180 views
- 7:55 Manitoba My New Homeby SettleManitoba45,581 views
- 5:49 Winnipeg,MB, Canada - The Forks / U Zbiegu Dwoch Rzekby Wy3maly7,425 views
- 4:08 5 Ways to Immigrate to Canadaby PaceLawFirm22,318 views
- 7:45 Entry Program, Winnipeg Manitobaby entryprogram13,925 views
- 27:54 Planeta Brasil - Vida dos brasileiros no Canada e Imigraçãoby Incomodados Que Se Retirem12,187 views
- 22:10 immigration québecby Adlene Bouhali8,673 views
- 4:05 Does Winnipeg REALLY Exist?by JetpackMedia155,091 views
- 25:52 Toronto, Ontario, Canadaby Hoosier Tim's Travel Videos75,847 views
- 5:50 Winnipeg from a Hot Air Balloonby bsomething29,464 views
- 3:43 Canadian Citizenship : 5 Facts That You Should Know!by factXtract55,430 views