TEDxYouth@Toronto 2011 - Arlene Dickinson
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 10, 2012
Arlene Dickinson shares a touching story of her life and reminds us to dearly value our voices and opinions. Don't give up your voice to somebody else.
"The power of one is believing that anything is possible if you let yourself be heard."
Arlene is one of Canada's most renowned independent marketing communications entrepreneurs. After joining Venture as a partner in 1988, Arlene took over sole ownership in 1998 and has grown the company into a strategic and creative powerhouse for a blue-chip client list.
Arlene believes strongly that marketing's purpose is to deliver business results. Her vision has driven Venture's growth, successfully building it from a local firm into one of Canada's largest independent marketing firms, with offices in Calgary and Toronto.
Arlene's accomplishments have been recognized with several honours and awards. They include: Global Television Woman of Vision; PROFIT and Chatelaine magazine's TOP 100 Women Business Owners; the Pinnacle Award for Entrepreneurial Excellence; Canada's Most Powerful Women Top 100 Hall of Fame; Ad Rodeo's Lifetime Achievement Award; and McGill University's 2008 Management Achievement Award. Perhaps the greatest honour was recognition of Venture as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies for three consecutive years. She is also the recipient of honorary degrees from Mount Saint Vincent University and NAIT
A master entrepreneur with a keen eye for ideas that get results, Arlene has a successful track record of picking companies on the rise. Her instinct for emerging trends and sound investments is exemplified in her role as a panelist on the Gemini award-winning CBC hit series, the Dragon's Den.
In addition to her roles as CEO of Venture, Dragon, mother of four children and grandmother of three, Arlene lends her time, skills and leadership to benefit the industry and the community. Over the years, Arlene has served on vaious boards including Ad Rodeo (chair) and the National Board of Kids Help Phone (co-chair). She is currently a director of the Calgary Municipal Lands Corporation and Chaordix, and sits on the Advisory Committee of the Stratford Institute at the University of Waterloo, the Leadership Council of the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, the Editorial Advisory Board of Marketing Magazine, and is the National spokesperson for The Breakfast Clubs of Canada.
Standard YouTube License
- 25:31 Dan Dennett: Responding to Pastor Rick Warrenby TED599,589 views
- 16:02 Shark Tank Season 3 - Set Visit - The Sharks Tell Allby Kevin O'Leary4,909 views
- 4:12 Arlene Dickinson Answers Valuable Questions about her Successby Loretta Cella878 views
- 12:43 TEDxYouth@Toronto 2011 - Ziya Tongby TEDxYouthToronto2,666 views
- 1:37 From Arlene: Are You Lonely Tonight?by YouInc1,413 views
- 16:25 TEDxYouth@Toronto 2011 - Rob Stewartby TEDxYouthToronto5,442 views
- 13:34 TEDxTeen - Sujay Tyle: Make Your Own Roadby TEDxYouth3,690 views
- 12:43 Dragon's Wine Arlene Dickinson 1by Natalie MacLean880 views
- 10:45 Craig Ferguson George Stroumboulopoulos 28.05.2013by Angelialle13,067 views
- 12:34 TEDxYouth@Toronto 2011 - Dani Reissby TEDxYouthToronto397 views
- 5:33 Shark Tank's Lori Greinerby better9,467 views
- 4:33 Painting Walls - Masking Tapeby MonkeySee44,347 views
- 12:15 TEDxYouth@Toronto 2011 - Dr Anthony Watanabeby TEDxYouthToronto441 views
- 3:31 Opportunities are about finding the "gap". Arlene Dickinsonby DirectEngagement1,646 views
- 9:07 TEDxYouth@Toronto 2011 - Youth Troopers for Global Awarenessby TEDxYouthToronto672 views
- 18:11 Forget what you know: Jacob Barnett at TEDxTeenby TEDxTalks2,343,503 views
- 2:26 Inspirecontest.com - Dragon's Arlene and Bruceby Ten Tree3,335 views
- 9:38 Cameron Russell: Looks aren't everything. Believe me, I'm a model.by TED2,027,110 views
- 18:51 Pamela Meyer: How to spot a liarby TED2,571,089 views
- 1:15 Arlene Dickinson on whether entrepreneurs ever undervalue their business.by DirectEngagement3,295 views
- Loading more suggestions...