Learn Gun Safety With Eddie Eagle
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 21, 2007
The Eddie Eagle GunSafe® Program teaches children in pre-K through third grade four important steps to take if they find a gun. These steps are presented by the program's mascot, Eddie Eagle®, in an easy-to-remember format consisting of the following simple rules:
If you see a gun:
Leave the Area.
Tell an Adult.
Begun in 1988, The Eddie Eagle GunSafe® Program has reached more than 20 million children -- in all 50 states. This program was developed through the combined efforts of such qualified professionals as clinical psychologists, reading specialists, teachers, curriculum specialists, urban housing safety officials, and law enforcement personnel.
Anyone may teach The Eddie Eagle GunSafe® Program, and NRA membership is not required. The program may be readily incorporated into existing school curriculum, taught in a one- to five-day format, and used to reach both levels or simply one or two grades. Materials available through this program are: student workbooks, 7-minute animated video (available on DVD or VHS), instructor guides, brochures, and student reward stickers. Program materials are also available in Spanish.
The NRA is committed to helping keep America's young children safe. In efforts to do so, we offer our program at a nominal fee. Schools, law enforcement agencies, hospitals, daycare centers, and libraries may be eligible to receive grant funding to defray program costs. Grant funding is available in many states to these groups to cover the cost of all program curriculum materials.
The purpose of the Eddie Eagle Program isn't to teach whether guns are good or bad, but rather to promote the protection and safety of children. The program makes no value judgments about firearms, and no firearms are ever used in the program. Like swimming pools, electrical outlets, matchbooks and household poison, they're treated simply as a fact of everyday life. With firearms found in about half of all American households, it's a stance that makes sense.
Eddie Eagle is never shown touching a firearm, and he does not promote firearm ownership or use. The program prohibits the use of Eddie Eagle mascots anywhere that guns are present. The Eddie Eagle Program has no agenda other than accident prevention -- ensuring that children stay safe should they encounter a gun. The program never mentions the NRA. Nor does it encourage children to buy guns or to become NRA members. The NRA does not receive any appropriations from Congress, nor is it a trade organization. It is not affiliated with any firearm or ammunition manufacturers or with any businesses that deal in guns and ammunition.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:21 Run, Run, Run, Yell and Tell! Child Safety Education - NHby LiliguanasafetyFeatured 137,379
- 9:41 ABCs of Safetyby Darren E 146,212 views
- 7:01 Gun Safety with Eddie Eagle & Jason Priestleyby DelStrange 13,728 views
- 7:03 Learn Gun Safety With Eddie Eagle (Hosted by Jason Priestley)by VHSafterlife 413 views
- 8:27 Home Safety Council & Code Red Rover - I Spot Something Hotby homesafetycouncil 26,126 views
- 3:36 Bobber the Water Safety Dog - Dog Paddling Puppiesby HonoluluDistrict 7,044 views
- Gun safety 3,373 videos4
- 7:00 Super Smart Fire Safety Rules for Kidsby aidhcvideos 20,677 views
- 37 videos Play all Apu's Rib Shackby bravo6four
- 6:00 Poison Control Center: STOP! Ask First.by TheNYSPoisonCenters 31,823 views
- 4:58 Fire Safety For Children: The Friendly Fireman (Novus Security)by NovusSecurity 45,366 views
- 3:31 P.I. Plug's Home Safety Videoby esfidotorg 38,897 views
- 2:59 Three Road Safety animated videosby unicefiran 27,858 views
- 1:57 Danger Rangers: Poisonby Danger Rangers 28,448 views
- 4:17 Sparky Says: Join My Fire Safety Club Videoby nfpadotorg 172,927 views
- 8:04 Ember911.com - Poison Education - Child Safety Program - Always Ask Firstby Ember911Safety 4,917 views
- 7:42 Arizona Project WET: Water Education for Teachersby Arizona 792 views
- 1:01 NFPA's New Electrical Safety PSAby nfpadotorg 103,646 views
- 0:34 Gun Safety for Children The NRA's Eddie Eagle Gunsafe Program for Kidsby gunclassesnet 969 views
- 1:55 VPC - 20 20 Kids Guns.rmby nellison64 580 views
- 0:32 Child Gun Safety Video Experimentby Tommy Rosati 374 views
- 3:12 The Duck Songby forrestfire101 131,049,624 views
- Loading more suggestions...