Published on Sep 5, 2013
The magic of stop-motion animation has enthralled audiences for over a century, but with the advent of CGI, many thought it was at risk of extinction. Yet despite these fears, animators all over the world continue to manually create unique stories out of physical materials, be it clay, sand or paint, puppets or people. The amount of time and meticulous effort these animators commit makes stop motion uniquely impressive and refreshingly organic in a digital age, and have driven the art form's resurgence in film, commercials, and even on Vine!
Dean Kalman Lennert, Animator, Professor at NYU
Hayley Morris, Animator http://hayleymorris.net/
Mathew Amonson & Jeremy Bronson, Studio Nos http://www.studionos.com/
Meagan Cignoli, Vine Animator https://twitter.com/meagancignoli
Videos from Studio Nos:
1)Pfizer eVisit - Agency: Kinky & Co; Director: Studio Nos - Mathew Amonson, Jeremy Bronson
2)Bloomberg BusinessWeek - Production Company: JWTwo; Stop Motion Animation Direction: Studio Nos
3)Cadbury Scream Eggs - Production Company: Blacklist; Director: Saiman Chow
Stop Motion Animation Directors: Studio Nos
3) Sesame Street (Frog, Apple Seed, Rejuvenation) - Production Company: Studio Nos Written and Directed by: Mathew Amonson, Jeremy Bronson
4) Paper Horse Animation: Stop Motion Animation: Mathew Amonson
5) Sony Bravia - Studio: Passion Pictures; Agency: Fallon; Animation director: Darren Walsh & Frank Budgen
6) Samsonite - Production Studio: Adam Gault Studio; Production: Adam Gault & Ted Kotsaftis; Stop Motion Team: Studio Nos
7) Ray Ban - Production Company: Blacklist; Agency: Marcel, Paris; Director: Saiman Chow; Stop Motion Animation produced by Studio Nos
8) Magic Classroom - Production Company: We Are Plus; Stop Motion Animation: Studio Nos
9)Nickelodeon - Production Company: Atlantic Motion Pictures; Directed by: Mathew Amonson & Jeremy Bronson
10) Crunch Gym - Studio: Curious Pictures; Directed: Ugly Pictures; Stop Motion Animators: Mathew Amonson & Jeremy Bronson
11) Frangelio - Studio: Flickerlab NY/Bus Pro Madrid; Stop Motion Animators: Mathew Amonson & Jeremy Bronson
1) "Maybe She's Just Allergic To Me" by WOAHFOX - http://www.youtube.com/user/WOAHFOX
2) "Castles in an 8-bit sky" by dan2600 - https://soundcloud.com/dan2600/castle...
3) "8bit Memories" by robconquer - https://soundcloud.com/robconquer
4) TTRiii by WOAHFOX - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENgiGl...
5) "Top of the World" by WOAHFOX - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDA_7...
6) "Gameplay Music" by robconquer - https://soundcloud.com/robconquer
7) "Innocence is such a beautiful imperfection" by WOAHFOX - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3ZMA...
8) "Budding" by Broke for Free - https://soundcloud.com/broke-for-free...
More Off Book:
The Art of Portrait Photography
Online Privacy: How Did We Get Here?
The Rise of Artificial Intelligence
Dungeons & Dragons and the Influence of Tabletop RPGs
Follow Off Book: