The Energy Report - A fully sustainable and renewable global energy system is possible by 2050
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 22, 2012
For several reasons, the world will need an adapted energy system to accommodate its growing population. Climate change, depletion of natural resources and a growing dependence on only a few energy suppliers are a threat to our current system.
Renewable sources such as solar energy, wind, hydro and bio-energy are necessary for a sustainable balance. The Energy Report, published by Ecofys and WWF in February 2011, demonstrates that a fully sustainable and renewable global energy system is possible by 2050. At the heart of The Energy Report lies the Ecofys Energy Scenario which charts technical, social and economic developments in all energy carriers, all regions and all sectors of the global energy system.
First, the scenario forecasts a future level of energy-consuming activities (e.g. tonnes of steel used), based on a growing population and a tripling of the world's economy. These services would be delivered with a minimum of energy and material use. Second, the scenario ranks the sources to provide the energy for these activities based on sustainability. Energy from the sun, wind, water and heat from the earth's crust are prioritised and will contribute to a further electrification of our society. Only once these options are exhausted is bio-energy deployed.
An important condition in the scenario is the development towards a sustainable standard of living around the world, based on increasing equity between different regions. Upfront financing will be required, but in the long term, benefits will outweigh costs.
The Energy Report has become the basis for engagement with business and policy leaders worldwide in WWF's initiative to achieve a fully renewable energy system by 2050.
Standard YouTube License
- 44:11 Black Gold - The Secrets of Oil - Modern Marvelsby PodCast4U 8,763 views
- 43:39 Earth 2050 - full length videoby Shell 117,566 views
- 6:46 The World in 2050 - Future study presented by Frank Appelby Deutsche Post DHL 168,737 views
- 46:34 THE MISSING SECRETS OF NIKOLA TESLA (FULL DOCUMENTARY)by TheoriesOfConspiracy 14,194 views
- 29:57 Energias Renovables - Energia Eolica [Documental] Pelicula Completaby Elizabeth Pointder 8,561 views
- 48:20 Solar Power Revolution - Here Comes The Sun -- Documentaryby GlobalClimateNews 110,008 views
- 59:09 Renewable Energy, Security, and Developmentby ipinst 78 views
- 11:44 Masdar: The City of the Future | Fully Chargedby Fully Charged 38,884 views
- 29:34 YOU ARE HERE: The Oil Journey (Narrated by Peter Coyote)by Post Carbon Institute 37,914 views
- 8:47 The Future Of Residential Housing - Zero Energy Housingby Viridian Force 149,829 views
- 17:06 Thinking critically about sustainable energy : Our energy future 2050 - Peter Seligmanby steelrain420's channel 20 views
- 9:25 Renewable Energy, Sustainable Resources, and Trade -- Part 2by DavidOrchardTV 222 views
- 55:18 The Future of Energy: GE Energy Leader Speaks on Emerging Trendsby AndlingerCenter 277 views
- 43:53 Sustainable Energy for All: this year, next year, sometime -- or never? (20 Nov 2012)by UCLLHL 543 views
- 43:47 Sustainable Energy Conversationby PhilosopherSeed 95 views
- 59:07 The World in 2050by DistinctiveVoicesBC 2,262 views
- 33:58 Energías limpias, negocios suciosby David B. Islas 17,248 views
- 5:26 What are Solar Panels Made From?by edrsilver 7,515 views
- 1:03:53 Sustainable Energy Systems: Scale, Tradeoffs, and Co-Benefitsby StanfordUniversity 3,374 views
- 59:07 Hidden Human History Movie - Hypothesis for Consideration Purpose Only! [Extraordinary Theory]by nwosatire 2,240,612 views
- Loading more suggestions...