The Energy Report - A fully sustainable and renewable global energy system is possible by 2050
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 22, 2012
For several reasons, the world will need an adapted energy system to accommodate its growing population. Climate change, depletion of natural resources and a growing dependence on only a few energy suppliers are a threat to our current system.
Renewable sources such as solar energy, wind, hydro and bio-energy are necessary for a sustainable balance. The Energy Report, published by Ecofys and WWF in February 2011, demonstrates that a fully sustainable and renewable global energy system is possible by 2050. At the heart of The Energy Report lies the Ecofys Energy Scenario which charts technical, social and economic developments in all energy carriers, all regions and all sectors of the global energy system.
First, the scenario forecasts a future level of energy-consuming activities (e.g. tonnes of steel used), based on a growing population and a tripling of the world's economy. These services would be delivered with a minimum of energy and material use. Second, the scenario ranks the sources to provide the energy for these activities based on sustainability. Energy from the sun, wind, water and heat from the earth's crust are prioritised and will contribute to a further electrification of our society. Only once these options are exhausted is bio-energy deployed.
An important condition in the scenario is the development towards a sustainable standard of living around the world, based on increasing equity between different regions. Upfront financing will be required, but in the long term, benefits will outweigh costs.
The Energy Report has become the basis for engagement with business and policy leaders worldwide in WWF's initiative to achieve a fully renewable energy system by 2050.
Standard YouTube License
- 46:34 THE MISSING SECRETS OF NIKOLA TESLA (FULL DOCUMENTARY)by TheoriesOfConspiracy31,622 views
- 1:23:41 Myth of Sustainability by Dr. McPhersonby MuskegonCC22,022 views
- 44:36 Future Free Energy (Part 2) - Full Documentaryby Prabhjeet Documentaries39,979 views
- 49:50 DIE HÄRTESTE DROGE DER WELT - TOD NACH 2 SEKUNDEN - Dokumentation 2013by Die #1 für Dokumentationen238,471 views
- 59:07 The World in 2050by DistinctiveVoicesBC4,244 views
- 29:14 Extremely Powerful Pure Clean Positive Energy - Raise Vibration - Binauralby GeniusBrainPower869,022 views
- 48:00 The future of urban energy systems - a global assessmentby Imperial College London270 views
- 1:00:39 Energy Scenarios to 2050: Implications for U.S. Energy Securby UChannel2,472 views
- 20:54 Renewable Energy: Is the Future in Nuclear?: Gordon Aubrecht at TEDxColumbusby TEDxTalks5,370 views
- 1:08:50 The Truth Behind The Energy Lie(What The Energy Cartels Don't Want You To See) full movieby alan carnagey228,788 views
- 55:18 The Future of Energy: GE Energy Leader Speaks on Emerging Trendsby AndlingerCenter1,486 views
- 44:17 Maravillas Modernas - inventos frustradosby daniel navarro522,127 views
- 1:28:36 2008 Regional Bioenergy Systems for Increasing Renewable Energy Utilisationby NUScast713 views
- 18:11 Forget what you know: Jacob Barnett at TEDxTeenby TEDxTalks2,314,774 views
- 1:03:53 Sustainable Energy Systems: Scale, Tradeoffs, and Co-Benefitsby StanfordUniversity3,571 views
- 29:34 YOU ARE HERE: The Oil Journey (Narrated by Peter Coyote)by postcarboninstitute41,608 views
- 18:52 World Energy Outlook 2012: Industrial Policies for Europe, Amelie Goldberg, IIPby eceeedotorg136 views
- 1:32 Free Energy Light Bulbby mopatin98,516 views
- 18:51 Pamela Meyer: How to spot a liarby TED2,543,716 views
- 9:38 Cameron Russell: Looks aren't everything. Believe me, I'm a model.by TED1,990,880 views
- Loading more suggestions...