Iran calls Israeli attack grave mistake
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 22, 2008
Iran´s speaker calls possible Israeli attack "grave mistake"
Source: Xinhua | 06-22-2008 08:40
TEHRAN, June 21 (Xinhua) -- Iran's Majlis (Parliament) Speaker Ali Larijani said on Saturday a possible Israeli attack against the Islamic Republic would be a "grave mistake," the official IRNA news agency reported.
"If they make such a grave mistake, they will pay a high price for it," Larijani was quoted as saying on the sidelines of the commemoration ceremony for late martyr Mostafa Chamran.
In his reaction to a report on a possible Israeli attack against Iran's nuclear installations, Larijani said "We are ready to face any situation."
The New York Times reported Friday that U.S. military believed a major military exercise by Israel earlier this month was a rehearsal for a potential bombing attack on Iran's nuclear sites.
Some American officials said the Israeli exercise appeared to be an effort to develop the military's capacity to carry out long-range strikes and to demonstrate the seriousness with which Israel views Iran's nuclear program.
More than 100 Israeli F-16 and F-15 fighter jets participated in the maneuvers, which were carried out over the eastern Mediterranean and Greece during the first week of June, U.S. officials said.
The exercise also involved Israeli helicopters that could be used to rescue downed pilots. The helicopters and refueling tankers flew more than 900 miles (1,450 km), which is about the same distance between Israel and Iran's uranium enrichment plant at Natanz, American officials said.
A spokesman for the Israeli military said Israel's air force "regularly trains for various missions in order to confront and meet the challenges posed by the threats facing Israel," declining to discuss details of the exercise.
Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, who visited Washington in early June, said "the Iranian threat must be stopped by all possible means," indicating that military resort can not be excluded.
His remarks about Iran's nuclear threat are believed to be the strongest ever the Israeli leader has made on the issue.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:55 Irán advirtió que devolvera el ataque a Israelby RESISTENCIALIMITE 9,622 views
- 2:07 Iran military power could destroy Israel in less than 10 daysby Canal de danibaal241 165,011 views
- 1:57 The Golem: Israel's nuclear hell bombby Celtic Manichean Parsifal 6,083 views
- 2:26 Israeli lands in Iranby infolivetvenglish 296,312 views
- 2:03 Prophecy: Iranian Military Buildup - Update Jun 2008by Richard H Perry 10,617 views
- 9:57 Jimmy Carter: "Horrible Mistake to Attack Iran"by زنده باد ايران 129,218 views
- 1:59 Why Iran will KICK Israeli ASS!by bencil01 2,044,545 views
- 5:38 The REAL Reason Israel Attacked Syriaby StormCloudsGathering 103,853 views
- 59:47 2012 IRAN STRONGER THAN EVER-Iran's Capability-Uncontained (Documentary)-مستند مهارنشدهby 313GroupProductions 136,416 views
- 5:02 Israel has no capability to attack Iran alone - RT 100805by newsupload2010 14,510 views
- 4:29 Israeli attack coming, World War 3by CombatForTheFaith 61,591 views
- 5:10 How would Iran retaliate?by CaspianReport 170,951 views
- 0:43 Iran holding nationwide air force exerciseby nautphil 4,895 views
- 7:11 Israel Gearing up to Strike Iran?by Question1981 7,357 views
- 6:06 The mistake of an Israeli attack on Iranby Iran88Arya 122,831 views
- 2:32 IRIAF getting ready to put 140 birds in the sky, April 2009by maydayfire's channel 9,387 views
- 2:45 Israel stations nuclear missile subs off Iranby OpenOmniProductions 15,246 views
- 2:07 Israeli Troops in Syria (5.16.13)by OmniChristianVids3 1,906 views
- 4:08 Can Israel attack Iran without approval from US? - FoxNews 111107by newsupload2010's channel 1,042 views
- 9:49 Israel ataca de nuevo a Siriaby Mauricio Ampuero 6,237 views
- Loading more suggestions...