Published on May 20, 2013
Flashmob in Syntagma square during the UN Global Road Safety Week (6-12 May 2013) for the promotion of road safety through the message "Stop road crashes". The event was organised in Athens by the Hellenic Road Safety Institute (I.O.AS.) - RSI "Panos Mylonas" with the support of the European Commission and the European Youth Forum.
Big thanks to all volunteers (choreographer Fokas Evagelinos, dance teachers and dancers) for their enthusiastic participation and support as well as all the Authorities who facilitated this impressive event.
For updates and more info, join our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ioas.panos.m...
On behalf of the Hellenic Road Safety Institute ( RSI) «Panos Mylonas» we express our gratitude to all those who supported the initiative and contributed to the success of a wonderful event for youth and not only:
We especially thank Mr. Fokas Evagelinos for the choreography and the teachers and the volunteers - students of his dance school who embraced the effort of RSI, our volunteers and all those who contributed to the achievement of the road safety flash mob.
We also thank George G. Mylonas and Iacovos Argyridis for the event song «Stamata» (stop running / slow down) being the soundtrack of the flash-mob.
We would also like to thank
• the Ministry of Public Order and Citizen Protection, the Road Traffic Police and the Road Traffic Police of Attica,
• the Municipality of Athens, the Municipal Police and the Administration of Cleaning -- Recycling and Maintenance of the Mechanical Equipment,
• the Attica Perfecture, the Administration of Road Maintenance and Construction Works,
• the Athens Urban Transport Organisation,
• the Ministry of Development, Infrastructure, Transport and Networks,
• Mr. Kostas Michalos of the SIMA SA for his contribution to the restoration of markings of pedestrian crossing,
• DIAGEO for its contribution to the program implementation,
• AXA insurance for the civil liability insurance of dancers and participants,
• the PUBLIC stores and McDonalds in Filellinon street and the cafe brasserie «Ethnikon» for their hospitality facilitating our volunteers,
• the Greek Scout Movement, the «Smile of the Child» for their volunteer presence,
• All the drivers, pedestrians and citizens who were present, supported and participated actively and enthusiastically in the successful realization of the event,
• The TV channels ANT-1, MEGA, NET, ALPHA, SKAI, STAR, the radio stations Alpha, Skai, Vima FM for the coverage and communication of the message of the event,
• our associates and representatives of the European Youth Forum and the European
• Commission for their trust and help to our work in the aim of RSI Panos Mylonas to prevent road crashes.
Planning and coordination of the event:
Mrs Vassiliki Danelli-Mylona, Mr Dimitrios Lazaridis, Ms Maria Niotaki, Ms Georgia Markou.
Design of the banner STOP road crashes: George P. Mylonas
Friday, 10th of May 2013 during the 2nd UN Global Road Safety Week
STOP road crashes (May 10th, 2013, European Youth Forum -- UN Global Road Safety Week)
We would like to thank for their collaboration and their professionalism the production group of this video and especially
John Zarganis, Giorgos Papadatos and Mairy Exarchou
VIEW MASTER FILMS S.A.
Designed and implemented by the Hellenic Road Safety Institute (RSI Panos Mylonas)
Standard YouTube License