Scientific Super Bubbles
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 13, 2011
Welcome back to Science and we are glad to be back! Due to popular demand we took a Little break to energize and come up with a science show that can be released on any day. That being said what we did for this episode required us to figure out the perfect solution to make Super Sized bubbles.
The great news is that you will have all the ingredients laid out for you without the hassle of figuring out the exact amounts or items. Not only that but learn fun simple science facts about surface tension, physics, basic chemistry, air pressure, and even reflection and refraction of light...all from BUBBLES! Now that's the way to teach science class!!
There are a few ways to pull this off, in this episode we decided to use two wooden poles or dowel rods 50 cents each, two screw eyes (eye lit) to put in the top of each one and then cotton string to pull through the holes at the top and tie together. We then weighted it down with a simple metal washer. Grand total 5 bucks.
For the secret recipe to make these bubbles we also went through trial and error to figure out the best combination. All you need is a single bottle of glycerin (which helps the bubble from evaporating quickly an makes it thicker, dish washing soap, Karo syrup and water. For best results keep foam to a minimum and store in the fridge for 24 hours.
Those ingredients actually from a super thick solution that enables the bubbles to last much longer than natural, be more colorful and create Super Sized Bubbles that depending on the weather/wind could potentially be even much bigger than what we did in the video.
If you want to keep it simple and just make the solution you don't need as much of the chemicals, which are dirt cheap and can be bought all at the same store and use a normal bubble blower, just be sure to blow slowly and you will be amazed at just how massive these bubbles can get. If you have kids they will love it... even passers by will take a look.
The more you practice the better you will get to the point where you may become a bubble artist yourself!
Tags: cool, funny, blow, blowing, project, science experiments, recipe, soap, rainbow, air, kids, easy, trick, tricks, research, beginner, art, talent, awesome, chemistry, physics, secret, huge, big
Standard YouTube License
Next in Scientific Shuffle
- 3:27 Build an UPSIDE DOWN SHELF!by HouseholdHackerFeatured 409,791
- 2:03 The UnBannable Cheatby HouseholdHacker 803,564 views
- 4:18 Scientific Tuesdays - Candy Nukeby HouseholdHacker 612,714 views
- 4:53 Scientific Tuesdays - How to Make Breakaway Glass (Sugar Glass)by HouseholdHacker 893,740 views
- 4:02 10 More Amazing Science Stuntsby Quirkology 4,769,057 views
- 3:55 Paper Circuit!by HouseholdHacker 1,447,325 views
- 3:51 Giant soap bubbles - Bulles de savon géantesby toubaboo 351,344 views
- 4:01 Easy Air and Water Tricksby HouseholdHacker 781,594 views
- 2:29 HOW TO: Solar Spirit Lightsby HouseholdHacker 481,013 views
- Soap bubble 8,555 videos6
- 4:28 Melt Metal Easily! (Gallium)by HouseholdHacker 1,407,917 views
- 3:32 Static Magic!by HouseholdHacker 434,377 views
- 3:02 USB Burner!by HouseholdHacker 930,107 views
- 4:29 Amazing Water-Proof Sand!by HouseholdHacker 1,251,383 views
- 1:48 Easy Fake Spill Prank (How To)by HouseholdHacker 707,478 views
- 3:04 Scientific Tuesdays - How to make paper invisible!!by HouseholdHacker 703,157 views
- 2:30 How to make Amazing Easter Egg art!by HouseholdHacker 1,254,792 views
- 5:06 Scientific Tuesdays - Magnetic Insanity!!!by HouseholdHacker 811,080 views
- 6:57 Scientific Tuesdays - Simple Household Stink Pranks!by HouseholdHacker 554,414 views
- 4:38 Bubblebou 2011 - PortAventura 2011 (Burbujas Gigantes)by PortAventura Fans 324,883 views
- 3:24 The Bike Phone Chargerby HouseholdHacker 986,768 views
- Loading more suggestions...