5. Climate Change -- isn't it natural?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 18, 2009
More urban myths about climate change are busted as I look at the Earth's climate over the last 500 million years. What causes it to change? Since carbon dioxide was much higher in the past, why do climatologists say higher CO2 now poses a problem? And of course there's the familiar myth that CO2 can't influence temperatures because the climate was much colder in the past when carbon dioxide levels were much higher.
"CO2-forced climate thresholds during the Phanerozoic" -- D.L. Royer, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Dec 2006
"Celestial driver of Phanerozoic climate?" -- N. Shaviv and J. Veizer, GSA Today, 2003
"Bathymetric and isotopic evidence for a short-lived late Ordovician glaciation in a greenhouse period" -- Brenchley et al, Geology; April 1994
"Reconciling Late Ordovician (440 Ma) glaciation with very
high (14X) CO2 levels" -- CROWLEY T. J. ; BAUM S. K., Journal of Geophysical Research 1995
"An atmospheric pCO2 threshold for glaciation in the Late Ordovician"
-- M. T. Gibbs et. al, Geology; May 1997
"A weathering hypothesis for glaciation at high atmospheric
pCO2 during the Late Ordovician." -- L.R. Kump et al, Palaeoclimatology alaeogeography
"Long-lived glaciation in the Late Ordovician? Isotopic and se-
quence-stratigraphic evidence from western Laurentia" -- M. R. Saltzman,S. A. Young, Geology; February 2005
Graph at 2:28 showing increasing solar output taken from James Imamura at the University of Oregon Dept of Physics, http://jersey.uoregon.edu/~imamura/12...
"Solar Activity Over the Last 1150 Years: Does it Correlate with Climate?" -- I. Usoskin et.al, Proceedings of The 13th Cool Stars Workshop, 2004 If you have a problem with any of the research that has been done into climate change, please do not waste your time discussing it on YouTube. Write a paper and have it published in a respected, peer-reviewed journal. And no use complaining to me if you think you have found flaws in the work of a particular researcher, write to them and let them know. They will be absolutely delighted to hear from you.
- 10:45 Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 29)by Thunderf00t Featured 611,420
- 9:55 6. Climate Change -- Those hacked e-mailsby potholer54281,402 views
- 10:19 2. Climate Change -- the objectionsby potholer54128,006 views
- 9:52 4 - Climate Change -- Gore vs. Durkinby potholer5485,048 views
- 19:34 Conspiracy theories conspiracyby potholer5477,188 views
- 16:14 An Appeal to Creationists....by potholer5455,970 views
- 10:21 9. Climate Change - Meet the Scientistsby potholer5492,954 views
- 9:03 Expanding earth my assby potholer54231,791 views
- 1:54:12 Experts Debate Climate Change Science, Policyby University of Virginia School of Law18,802 views
- 7:54 Bill O'Reilly wins award for stupidityby potholer54151,730 views
- 1:29:41 It's Too Late To Stop Climate Change, WE ARE DEAD, Guy McPherson 18Nov2013by Vincent Eastwood2,831 views
- 14:56 Monckton Bunkum Part 1 - Global cooling and melting iceby potholer54108,653 views
- 11:39 Climate Scientists Laugh at Global Warming Hysteriaby 1000frolly10,461 views
- 14:27 Mail bag 1by potholer5435,864 views
- 9:31 5 -- The Age of Our World Made Easyby potholer54239,083 views
- 9:20 1 - History of Our Universe Part 1 (for schools)by potholer5475,207 views
- 7:16 20 - Are cosmic rays causing global warming?by potholer5456,635 views
- 10:27 How to confuse a creationist - 1by potholer54225,887 views
- 15:29 Monckton Bunkum Part 3 - Correlations and Himalayan glaciersby potholer5444,987 views
- 9:59 2013 coveted Golden Crocoduck winner!by potholer5438,168 views
- Loading more suggestions...