5. Climate Change -- isn't it natural?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 18, 2009
More urban myths about climate change are busted as I look at the Earth's climate over the last 500 million years. What causes it to change? Since carbon dioxide was much higher in the past, why do climatologists say higher CO2 now poses a problem? And of course there's the familiar myth that CO2 can't influence temperatures because the climate was much colder in the past when carbon dioxide levels were much higher.
"CO2-forced climate thresholds during the Phanerozoic" -- D.L. Royer, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Dec 2006
"Celestial driver of Phanerozoic climate?" -- N. Shaviv and J. Veizer, GSA Today, 2003
"Bathymetric and isotopic evidence for a short-lived late Ordovician glaciation in a greenhouse period" -- Brenchley et al, Geology; April 1994
"Reconciling Late Ordovician (440 Ma) glaciation with very
high (14X) CO2 levels" -- CROWLEY T. J. ; BAUM S. K., Journal of Geophysical Research 1995
"An atmospheric pCO2 threshold for glaciation in the Late Ordovician"
-- M. T. Gibbs et. al, Geology; May 1997
"A weathering hypothesis for glaciation at high atmospheric
pCO2 during the Late Ordovician." -- L.R. Kump et al, Palaeoclimatology alaeogeography
"Long-lived glaciation in the Late Ordovician? Isotopic and se-
quence-stratigraphic evidence from western Laurentia" -- M. R. Saltzman,S. A. Young, Geology; February 2005
Graph at 2:28 showing increasing solar output taken from James Imamura at the University of Oregon Dept of Physics, http://jersey.uoregon.edu/~imamura/12...
"Solar Activity Over the Last 1150 Years: Does it Correlate with Climate?" -- I. Usoskin et.al, Proceedings of The 13th Cool Stars Workshop, 2004 If you have a problem with any of the research that has been done into climate change, please do not waste your time discussing it on YouTube. Write a paper and have it published in a respected, peer-reviewed journal. And no use complaining to me if you think you have found flaws in the work of a particular researcher, write to them and let them know. They will be absolutely delighted to hear from you.
- 10:45 Why do people laugh at creationists? (part 29)by Science and Education for the win!Featured 567,546
- 9:52 4 - Climate Change -- Gore vs. Durkinby potholer54 81,059 views
- 10:19 2. Climate Change -- the objectionsby potholer54 122,439 views
- 9:23 7. Climate Change - "Those" e-mails and science censorshipby potholer54 58,234 views
- 10:26 Climate Change 4of12: Natural and Human Effects on Climateby theinquisitor 3,951 views
- 98 videos Play all potholer54by freethinker69
- 9:55 Creationist Junk Debunked #1 - Introductionby Potholer54debunks 233,646 views
- 9:03 Expanding earth my assby potholer54 210,503 views
- 8:07 The Video Climate Deniers Tried to Ban - Climate Denial Crock of the Weekby DeSmogBlog.com's Youtube 53,855 views
- 10:40 1. Climate Change -- the scientific debateby potholer54 269,254 views
- 7:54 Bill O'Reilly wins award for stupidityby potholer54 136,840 views
- 10:12 Noah's Flood debunked - 1 (reposted from Potholer54debunks)by potholer54 63,726 views
- 9:17 Climate Change - has it been cancelled?by NzoneTonight 66,463 views
- 15:29 Monckton Bunkum Part 3 - Correlations and Himalayan glaciersby potholer54 42,428 views
- 14:56 Monckton Bunkum Part 1 - Global cooling and melting iceby potholer54 104,053 views
- 9:44 Climate Change - Bob Carters 5 Tests of CO2 part 1by Bushvision 29,017 views
- 9:51 Climate Denial Crock of the Week: "The Earth is Carbon Starved."by greenman3610 23,032 views
- 9:42 Carbon dating doesn't work -- debunkedby potholer54 115,835 views
- 9:58 Climategate: Dr. Tim Ball on the hacked CRU emailsby Corbett Report 136,574 views
- 10:03 BBC WORLD - CLIMATE CHANGEby beccisenior 71,973 views
- 9:20 1 - History of Our Universe Part 1 (for schools)by potholer54 73,057 views
- Loading more suggestions...