Nepal - Himalaya - Kathmandu
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 30, 2011
Nepal, officially the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal, is a landlocked sovereign state located in South Asia. It is located in the Himalayas and bordered to the north by the People's Republic of China, and to the south, east, and west by the Republic of India. With an area of 147,181 square kilometres (56,827 sq mi) and a population of approximately 30 million, Nepal is the world's 93rd largest country by land mass and the 41st most populous country. Kathmandu is the nation's capital and the country's largest metropolis.
Nepal has a rich geography. The mountainous north has eight of the world's ten tallest mountains, including the highest point on Earth, Mount Everest, called Sagarmatha in Nepali. It contains more than 240 peaks over 20,000 ft (6,096 m) above sea level. The fertile and humid south is heavily urbanized.
By some measures, Hinduism is practised by a larger majority of people in Nepal than in any other nation. Buddhism, though a minority faith in the country, is linked historically with Nepal. Many Nepali do not distinguish between Hinduism and Buddhism and follow both religious traditions. There are 3 different buddhist traditions: Himalayan Buddhism, Buddhism of Kathmandu Valley (mostly Mahayana and Vajrayana), and also the Theravada Buddhism.
A monarchy throughout most of its history, Nepal was ruled by the Shah dynasty of kings from 1768, when Prithvi Narayan Shah unified its many small kingdoms. However, a decade-long Civil War by the Communist Party of Nepal (Maoist) and several weeks of mass protests by all major political parties led to the 12 point agreement of November 22, 2005. The ensuing elections for the constituent assembly on May 28, 2008 overwhelmingly favored the abdication of the Nepali monarch Gyanendra Shah and the establishment of a federal multiparty representative democratic republic. The first President of Nepal, Ram Baran Yadav, was sworn in on July 23, 2008. ( source Wikipedia )
Standard YouTube License
- 9:53 Nepal - The Most Amazing and Beautiful Place on Earth ( VISIT NEPAL 2011 ) ( HD )by channelnickyFeatured 465,308
- 4:40 Avventurosa - A journey can change your life, can't it?by THEWORLDOFTRAVEL 5,148 views
- 3:04 Rome - Italy - UNESCO World Heritage Siteby THEWORLDOFTRAVEL 8,836 views
- 2:53 Venice - Italyby THEWORLDOFTRAVEL 11,499 views
- 3:32 Israel - Ancientby THEWORLDOFTRAVEL 4,069 views
- 57:34 The Nepal Documentaryby wwwcelticvideocom 73,002 views
- 49:07 GANGES or GANGA - A COMPLETE Documentary: [MUST WATCH]by kalpavata 361,397 views
- 58:59 Himalaya with Michael Palin - part 1 - North by Northwestby bratanciprian 80,045 views
- 39:24 A documentary of Hidden Himalayan Nepal .flvby stharamsharan 56,641 views
- 7:23 Cremation Temple Nepalby wwwcelticvideocom 153,313 views
- 2:05 World's most extreme zipline - ZipFlyer Nepalby Bharat Golchha 755,723 views
- 10:37 Nepalby MarkoffsTravel 93,372 views
- 4:39 No. 1 Most Extreme and Dangerous Airport: Lukla Tenzing-Hillary Airport, Nepal 全球最危險機場by loliuyau 1,976,571 views
- 15:41 Kumari - Living Goddess - Nepalby journeymanpictures 249,762 views
- 2:33 Kathmandu, The Streets of Thamelby cleverjoe 63,314 views
- 28:37 1950s Old Nepal full documentary..must see and shareby नेपाली Vishma 71,979 views
- 11:47 National Geographic Live! - Sky Caves of Nepal, Part 1: The Climberby NationalGeographic 55,226 views
- 7:25 Mount Everest ICE FALL.wmvby Theodore Fairhurst 641,528 views
- 14:47 Nepal Himalaya Exploration - 15 Minutes - 2011by CornellOutdoorEd 7,288 views
- 6:05 HD Sagarmatha National Park Nepal Himalayasby Ondra Brambora 14,839 views
- Loading more suggestions...