Indian train in all its (crowded!) glory!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 10, 2011
Now all you western viewers, please don't go and labour under the misconception that this is how your average Indian commutes to work! This is an aberration, although not an altogether unusual one... These labourers are coming in to New Delhi from neighbouring states, to work for the week and then return home over the weekend... They are mostly travelling ticketless, and the Indian railways are forced to allow this to happen, or the entire railway system will go under. Welcome to free market forces and market-driven free-for-all democracy!
Indian Railways is the state-owned railway company of India, which owns and operates most of the country's rail transport. Indian Railways has one of the largest and busiest rail networks in the world, transporting 20 million passengers and more than 2 million tonnes of freight daily.
It is one of the world's largest commercial or utility employers, with more than 1.6 million employees.The railways traverse the length and breadth of the country, covering 6,909 stations over a total route length of more than 63,327 kilometres. Indian railways over 200,000 (freight) wagons, 50,000 coaches and 8,000 locomotives. Railways were first introduced to India in 1853. In 1951 the systems were nationalised as one unit, becoming one of the largest networks in the world IR operates both long distance and suburban rail systems on a multi-guage network of broad, metre and narrow guages.
Indian Railways is a department that is owned and controlled by the government of India.The headquarters of the Indian Railways in New Delhi. Indian Railways is divided into zones, which are further sub-divided into divisions. The number of zones in Indian Railways increased from six to eight in 1951, nine in 1952, and finally 16 in 2003. Each zonal railway is made up of a certain number of divisions, each having a divisional headquarters. There are a total of sixty-seven divisions.
One can book railway travel tickets through Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. at www.irctc.co.in
This footage is part of the professionally-shot broadcast stock footage archive of Wilderness Films India Ltd., the largest collection of imagery from South Asia. The Wilderness Films India collection comprises of thousands of hours of high quality broadcast imagery, mostly shot on HDCAM 1080i High Definition, HDV and XDCAM. Write to us for licensing this footage on a broadcast format, for use in your production! We are happy to be commissioned to film for you or else provide you with broadcast crewing and production solutions across South Asia. We pride ourselves in bringing the best of India and South Asia to the world... Reach us at wfi @ vsnl.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard YouTube License
- 11:19 The Pumpkin Patch Adventure with Shawn and Team! (Pumpkin Chunkin!) - Learn 8 Pumpkin Sizes!by coilbook Featured 946,216
- 13:06 Diwali - The festival of Lightsby WildFilmsIndia35,970 views
- 2:47 Crowded Indian trainby WildFilmsIndia113,500 views
- 1:22 Delhi Metro Trains, Indiaby WildFilmsIndia82,234 views
- 1:09 People hanging out of a crowded train in India!by WildFilmsIndia5,665 views
- 1:55:40 National Geographic's The Great Indian Railways © ( IRFCA )by Trains Unlimited !!!80,983 views
- 8:51 Chaos on the railways Manila Philippinesby geoffmackley152,790 views
- 1:25 Mumbai Trainsby ANIL OLIVERA157,426 views
- 9:16 [Indian Rail]Nilgiri Mountain Railwayby Amesh2009297,321 views
- 0:55 Indian police beat people into train.by jzilla666999331,786 views
- 1:55:37 The Great Indian Railwayby chalak gadha123,331 views
- 3:50 1 Of The Top 10 Most Dangerous Railroadsby IndianRailways1,391,223 views
- 3:06 This is my night train in Indiaby KILROY69,901 views
- 15 videos Play all Indian Trainsby rilesngtrain
- 10:01 The Amazing Feather River Railroads-see the Seven Railroad Wonders of the World!by ladybugvideos1,588,056 views
- 45:21 Extreme Railways : Indias Monsoon Railwayby Bima Mandala Putra63,470 views
- 7:43 NEW 2013 Awesome Powerful Train plow through snow railway tracks Watch full HDby BMWBeMyWife1,048,786 views
- 2:06 this happens in india onlyby mahesh kawle301,314 views
- 2:02 Spectacular footage Train plowing through deep snow Arthurs Passby geoffmackley5,112,879 views
- 6:54 World's Most Dangerous Stretch of Railway - Interior Assamby Rippan1,294,539 views