AutoControls.org #8907: 6 LGB Trains On 1 Track (1989)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 9, 2012
1. OVERVIEW: This short "historic" video, originally recorded in 1989 (and distributed as Videotape #V8907), shows a small 12-foot-square, LGB Largescale display layout that operates 6 trains on 1 track (the part of the layout that's on the green carpet).
* The layout has 120 feet of mainline, 2 automatic blocks, and an automatic passing siding. It uses the standard LGB control system, which is the use of MAGNETS on the bottoms of the locomotives, which activate LGB REED switches, which control the automatic blocks and the passing siding.
This system can successfully control all these trains, because all 6 trains all run APPROXIMATELY the same speed. Therefore, the automatic blocks just have to make minor spacing adjustments between trains.
2. PASSING SIDING: Regarding the passing siding at lower left:
If you observe the passing siding, you notice that the 4 steam engines stop (and the waiting train leaves), because they have MAGNETS on their undersides.
* The 2 diesels are faster. Therefore, they don't need magnets, and are being operated WITHOUT magnets. Therefore, they do NOT activate the automatic passing siding. Notice that the 2 diesels go through the passing siding without stopping.
3. RELATED LINKS:
* Same video on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/48500077
* For other AutoControls videos, visit the "VIDEO INDEX PAGE" at http://AutoControls.org
* Also, use 'channel' vimeo.com/autocontrols.
* To view the track plan for this layout, use this link:
* A similar 12x12 layout #8, configured for 2 diverging routes, can be seen operating here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=bDQhB_4XE9Y (10 min), or full 16 minutes on Quicktime at http://track2.com/video/railvid/mv034...
This iMovie video was assembled 9/7/2012 by http://JamesRobertIngram.com (aka AutoControls.org, aka Track2.com, aka RailVideos.org).
* The ORIGINAL video footage was recorded on Compact VHS tape, by Byron Fenton in July 1989 at the "TransFair" in Denver, Colorado; and is used here with his permission.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:14 How to build a train layout in a small spaceby jlwii2000 Featured 61,796
- 33:47 AutoControls.org #805: NCE Mini Panel Point-To-Point, Alternating Routesby James R. Ingram881 views
- 18:13 AutoControls.org #9201-1: "Historic" 1992 Intro to LGB Auto. Controlsby James R. Ingram180 views
- 9:46 AutoControls.org #636 Part 1/3: How-It-Operates, 2-Trk Auto. LGB Yardby James R. Ingram35,526 views
- 44:16 The Trans-Siberian Railway - Documentaryby ExploreTravelWorld83,643 views
- 9:06 LGB RhB Fahrtag mit Zugwechsel und Rückwärtsfahrtby Marius Dege5,755 views
- 12:28 LGB GravelLoading May 2007 Version3by CustomRCmodels27,573 views
- 10:00 AutoControls.org #632: Auto. Route Selection On LGB RR Displaysby James R. Ingram12,445 views
- 15:39 How It's Made: Model Trains - Toy Trains Factory Tour (Full Video) LGB Trains - Nürnberg, Germanyby gardentrains84,866 views
- 48:32 Documentary The Japanese Bullet Train Shinkansenby divdocuchannel4,423,256 views
- 14:01 LGB Winter 12by thomasmegusta130,431 views
- 9:55 AutoControls.org #644: 4-Track Auto. Yard on LGB Train Displayby James R. Ingram90,246 views
- 8:19 Gartenbahner Kerwa auf der FBBby erabochergartenbahn856 views
- 5:14 LGB Train Ideasby supa5253221,368 views
- 10:16 Southeast Michigan's Largest Garden Railroadby James White94,879 views
- 4:18 KGB LGB Gartenbahnby lgbfankev1,081 views
- 12:10 Intermodellbau Dortmund 2013 : Große RHB LGB Anlageby Manfred Liese9,924 views
- 14:48 Eisenbahnromantik auf unserer LGB Gartenbahn - Teil 3 - HSB Fahrtagby Schmalspurfreund20,536 views
- 17:55 Travel aboard a miniature train (Soyons - Ardèche - France) (3D)by valpard83,104 views
- 9:56 Building Our G Scale Garden Railwayby aecregal18,971 views
- Loading more suggestions...