Mitt Romney Talks About Chinese slave labor at Factory His Bain Capital Bought In China
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 25, 2012
Mitt Romney, speaking to supporters about the factory he visited in China where women were shoehorned into dorms and worked for pennies to save for "becoming married." Ain't it grand?
That factory he visited is likely the one that Bain Capital used to move manufacturing jobs overseas. David Corn broke this story last month: At the time Romney was acquiring shares in Global-Tech, the firm publicly acknowledged that its strategy was to profit from prominent US companies outsourcing production abroad. On September 4, 1998, Global-Tech issued a press release announcing it was postponing completion of a $30 million expansion of its Dongguan facility because Sunbeam, a prominent American consumer products company and a major client of Global-Tech, was cutting back on outsourcing as part of an overall consolidation. But John C.K. Sham, Global-Tech's president and CEO, said, "Although it appears that customers such as Sunbeam are not outsourcing their manufacturing as quickly as we had anticipated, we still believe that the long-term trend toward outsourcing will continue." Global-Tech, which in mid-1998 announced fiscal year sales of $118.3 million (an increase of 89 percent over the previous year), also manufactured household appliances for Hamilton Beach, Mr. Coffee, Proctor-Silex, Revlon, and Vidal Sassoon, and its chief exec was hoping for more outsourcing from these and other American firms.
In addition to the jobs issue, watch Romney tell this story without batting an eyelash. It doesn't bother anyone that he's describing a factory that employs sweatshop labor so he and his venture capitalist buddies can get richer?
No, of course not, because what we have is "so unique we're sharing it with the world." That magic unique thing would be what, exactly? Exploiting women and making them work for nothing so billionaires become mega-billionaires? What is that magic unique thing we're sharing with the world?
Remember, Romney comes from the land where they loathe child labor laws. I think it's less about what we're sharing with them, and more about what they're sharing with us. Women, behold President Romney's vision for your future.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:51 China Slave Labor Camps- Petcha Kutchaby JohnsonPrairieFeatured 6,112
- 2:08 Mitt Romney Chinese Slave Labor at Bainby RomneyExposed 20,185 views
- 32:44 Santa's Workshop - Inside China's Slave Labour Toy Factoriesby my3rd3y3 211,161 views
- 1:44 Mitt Romney avoids U.S tax by using Offshore bank accountsby 91177info 59,602 views
- 7:09 President Ahmadinejad 'On Wipe Israel Off The Map Quote' Interview With Piers Morgan pt.3by MOXNEWSd0tC0M 44,031 views
- 5:13 Romney Invested Millions in Chinese Company Profiting from US Outsourcingby David Pakman 4,178 views
- 14:37 Mitt Romney likes to fire people part 1by SuperNewchance 30,872 views
- 17:42 Glenn Beck- Why Obama Hid the Truth of Benghazi ?by John Best 45,431 views
- 4:32 Romney Admits Chinese Child Labor Made Money for Bainby David Pakman Show 11,645 views
- 6:24 Wealth Inequality In USA or Rich vs Poor In Americaby zenicaone 3,194 views
- 4:25 Bill Maher Slams Mitt Romney Hard, Compares Him to Rappers (Real Time New Rules 1-20-12)by midesan 943,825 views
- 10:16 Soldier Speaks Out About War Crimes of US Attack Helicopter Pilots - Innocent Killed [ Graphic ]by zenicaone 988 views
- 24:06 Norman Finkelstein - ISRAEL is a Lunatic State - BBC HARDTALK 2012by zenicaone 721 views
- 6:01 Bain & Co: The 1994 Ad By Sen. Ted Kennedy Which Will Floor Mitt RomBOT in 2012by politicalarticles 31,652 views
- 5:15 Mitt Romney's 'Job Killing' Bain Capital Past Continues To Haunt The Rich Flip-Flopperby politicalarticles 2,064 views
- 3:12 The Stupidest Bid on The Price is Rightby TalonGold 10,148,241 views
- 9:12 GBR: Libertarians turn on Rand Paulby ThomasPaine3 2,922 views
- 6:41 Mitt Romney's Bain Capital Tied To Surveillance Push In China - UNN Newsroom with Alex Ansaryby Alex Ansary 465 views
- 4:46 Governor Romney talks to Bill O'Reillyby Taranotu 38,604 views
- 5:28 Mitt Romney's Destructive Jobs Record at Bain Capitalby politicalarticles 3,181 views
- Loading more suggestions...